Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turn By Turn Voice Navigation on iPhone. Really! Not a Rumor!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Except, we are a default repo in Cydia so the devs great work is seen and used by many more people than it would be if it was on their repository
    To add to that, coming from a member of the xGPS team, having MMi host the xGPS App is a HUGE HELP. Its not about them looking huge or anything, it is to help us get this software out to a MUCH larger audience, helps us out by taking some strain off of our servers (lets us use that to answer questions/comments/problems ), and allows us to have peace of mind know that if something happened to our server, MMi is there to back us up!

So much thanks to MMi for the help and assistance from the xGPS team!
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

http://www.tomheben.com

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Would be awesome though if we could download the entire map and load parts from the flash memory to the ram. Instead of downloading them :S
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 02-11-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks

There is a Universal Java Map Manager for the Computer to download you maps and store them on the iPhone so there is no need to connect to data plans. Thats one of the man functions on xGPS.

The current versions are alright, but the next 1.2 version, let me assure you is veeerry very good, stable, and fantastic.

xgpsdev.xwaves.net/forum and you can find the manager on there.
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

Noice!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple will only allow real GPS apps in to App Store after the release of their new iPhone with 3.0(if it's true).

Oh no wonder there are a lot of posts by "tomheben" in this forum, because he's a member of the xGPS team, just saw the info in your signature lol.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 02-11-2009 at 01:57 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

One question. I have an alpine head unit with ipod control. MxTube and Youtube sound can be transfered through the dock connector as well as few other apps. Will this app be able to do the same? I dont want two seperate wires for auxiliary and ipod control lol.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I think Apple will only allow real GPS apps in to App Store after the release of their new iPhone with 3.0(if it's true).
    What makes you say that?

Plenty of people want to release true SatNav but Apple wont let them. What will change with the release of 3.0?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

To the Video Out Question:

Ill tell you this, if the cord that connects to the iPhone allows Video Out (It is a Video Out cord as well), you can download the ScreenSplitr (I believe that is the name) Application from Cydia and it will push the display through the Video out to your in-dash screen. I have seen it tested and it works just great.

Reference MP3Car.com and their videos Here

ScreenSplitr Project website is Here
    Last edited by tomheben; 02-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

the question is how much is the app gunna cost???

Thanks

The answer:

Free
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomheben For This Useful Post:

Miro89 (02-13-2009), PhoneLine (02-11-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by tomheben View Post
    The answer:

Free
    The price is certainly right
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

tomheben (02-11-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What makes you say that?

Plenty of people want to release true SatNav but Apple wont let them. What will change with the release of 3.0?
    Idk, if I was working for Apple, I would have allowed GPS apps in to the App Store, what's the point having GPS in the iPhone 3G it you can't use it fully??? I think Apple might realize that by the release of a new iPhone.

As long as theres emoticon support in 3.0, idc what other features are in it.
    I don't understand why Apple won't let GPS apps in to the App Store, what harm can they do??

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

hey how come i can put any addresses in. Everytime i try to it says "no driving direction can be computed using your query" why is that??

Thanks

Support/Discussion Forum...

xgpsdev.xwaves.net/forum

People, let me remind you also, that you do not, I repeat do not, need to download the xGPS Utility. It will not perform any function for you.

We used the xGPS Utility when we produced and sold xGPS GPS Modules. It was used to let you see Lat/Long, Altitude and Speed of the Module as well as upgrade its firmware as it became available. We stopped used that when we partnered up with OrangeGadgets.com as our official provided of external GPS Units and stop making/selling our own.

So, again, you do not need the xGPS Utility.
    Last edited by tomheben; 02-11-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Thomas-
    xGPS Moderator
    xGPS Website

if I have the 1st generation iPhone, will this software work with it (without the external xGPS module?) thanks!

oh man cant wait for the voice navigation update! should be great..i downloaded this app a while ago and the only thing i didnt like was when i would download the maps for offline use, the zoom level was considered..for example if i downloaded a region's map at a certain zoom level i could only view the map offline at that same zoom level, i have to download it each time for every zoom level i want (even tho zooming out and downloading the whole city takes up more memory than just zooming in and downloading a smaller region, this doesnt make sense as zooming out should only take up the same ammount of mb as zooming in since it does not include the other zoom levels of the downloaded map region)

sorry if that didnt make any sense but i tried lol

Thanks

It's about freaking time. I really want turn by turn voice navigation on my iPhone 3G while driving which makes the trip a lot safer.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Thanks

Excellent!
    Apples taste good.

To everyone who wants GPS on their 2G phone/itouch, get this app and an iGPS360 module! I have been using my 2G phone with one of the modules since they came out. I would suggest the iGPS360 because it's form factor is much smaller than the other solutions. Also (for those who know GPS) the i360 module has an update rate of 5hz! That beats most retail GPS's! Now all we need is a mobile substrate fix.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    This is not good enough, since it need to download map via 3G. FOr us on Tmobile with EDGE, it will be too slow to show up map...

But pretty cool though..
    As you saw in the video posted above the guy was useing edge so we Tmobile users are just fine so dont sweat it

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast