Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China: No iPhone for You!

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    China Unicom may start selling 3G iPhone in May
    As they are the only one of China's Mobile providers who use WCDMA they are the only one who have any chance of using 3G on the iPhone (unless, of course, the next model has different h/w) so it makes more sense than China Mobile.

But....

Does anyone know what form of WCDMA China Unicom use? Is it UMTS? DoCoMo? Something different? If it is UMTS is it 2100Mhz?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What gets me is that ALL THE IPHONES are assembled in China.You cant, atleast in the USA purchase a pair of underwear not made in China... 99.9 % of electronics are MANUFACTURED in China.....

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    Hm...I wonder how many people are pissed off because they can't get the iPhone...I know I would be.
    Umm, you can get an iPhone in almost any mall in China.
    So people have to wait to activate/jailbreak before they get pissed about the iPhone.

Oh, and my underwear is made in a sweatshop stateside.
    Last edited by sane; 02-13-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sane View Post
    Umm, you can get an iPhone in almost any mall in China.
    So people have to wait to activate/jailbreak before they get pissed about the iPhone.

Oh, and my underwear is made in a sweatshop stateside.

Well not every where, or any mall! it's like any where else when you need something other wise accessible freely!

certain individual, would provide you with your merchandise!

you are able to get the world if you had that type of $$$$

as for my experience getting brand name items in china has been real good!

Cell phone, laptops, OMG the price of a mac! LOL it should be a crime! I had macbook air almost a month earlier that was supposed to be on the states, but the price for this @ the apple store is so ridiculous, I have paid a fraction!

That's way I dont get that news! China wont have the iphone! because they already have a few thousands or even more roaming on the streets.

I"m wad in Shanghai this past few weeks ago, God so many phones, so many ipod touch! they have even designed their on iphone pc suite!

Think about! Apple thinks that every one has to follow it's rules and regulation! NO, hellllll noooooooooo!

Assemble in China, black marketed in china, Clone in CHina!

What the Hell they were Thinking!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So is China Mobile the ONLY mobile phone provider in China and that's the end of it?

Quote Originally Posted by uberfu View Post
    So is China Mobile the ONLY mobile phone provider in China and that's the end of it?
    Did you not read this thread?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uberfu View Post
    Fail.

Hi all, newbie to iPhone here (not to forums and jail****)....

Well where did I get my iP 3G - Beijing on business trip. Seems original, original box, all the usual stuff.

And I wanted it to work with my two UK sim cards..
    Which it did after they did a mod or two.

It seems the real thing not a clone (if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... if probably IS a duck).

BUT what I really want to know - it is hard unlocked? I have NO Chinese and couldnot ask. However screwed it up and uploaded 2.1 FW by iTunes and it activated on non-O2 sim. No snow or nothing. Likewise I tried 2.2.1 with the baseband avoid and it lost phone - so I upgraded to 2.2 via iTunes again and it again activated. Thus ... hardware unlocked??

Cheers all..

If you are not using YellowSn0w and it works with a non O2 SIM in the UK then it's hardware unlocked - unless you have anything other than your SIM in the SIM holder (some were sold as unlocked but just had a piggyback SIM soldered in the SIM holder.

How much did you pay? 8 or 16Gb?

Hi there....
    I don't have a rebel (but got one just incase....). Just sim in sim holder..
    I have tried 3, tmob, voda .... and all work. I do not have yellowsn0w either and it worked on all sims ever since I got it in Nov 2008. (IE yellowsn0w didn't exist then)

A couple of times when I screwed it up and lost phone functionality - and upgraded (!!) using iTunes vanilla, it flashed through the 'activating' screen (I am obviosuly on BBand) but so fast I hardly saw it.

The phone has never seen an O2 sim..

8GB, about 400 so a bit over the odds I think but I did get a case as well. Would be interested to know how to determine if it is a clone or not .. but app store works, cydia etc work etc etc.

Cheers !
    Last edited by radiomean; 02-18-2009 at 07:51 AM.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... if probably IS a duck

On the other hand - if it works with iTunes and iTunes apps (and doesn't quack too much) it's probably an iPhone!

Hey, thanks.. I have quite a few (mainly free) apps on it

You didn't comment on the $$ () I paid..
    Is it over the top?

Not that I regret it but ...
    Cheers again..

PS bit daft really but I just bought an iTunes album to test and all is good..
    Last edited by radiomean; 02-18-2009 at 08:17 AM.

You could have got an iPhone from O2 for 352 so you've paid about a 50 premium for an unlocked phone.
    I use YellowSn0w so I have to be careful with FW upgrades - you don't.
    I had also paid quite a bit on various piggyback SIMS before YellowSn0w came out s, although you have paid a premium, it's not excessive and you have an unlocked phone which you know will remain unlocked

why should any company with over a 100 million+ subscriber base leave money on the table for another company to take when they can milk their own cash cow by working with a handful of manufactures like Samsung or Lg who are willing to develop a product from scratch for them? Greed? or common business sense? you don't need a MBA to figure this one out.

If they have a monopoly then you are right.
    If they have competition then they stand to lose customers.
    I know there are 4 telcos in China but am not sure if they are in competition or have separate areas.
    Probably the latter, in which case they have no reason to take the iPhone because they don't need to care about their customers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123