Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China: No iPhone for You!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er982 View Post
    I dont think china gets it...

Apple says:
    We have a phone, and we want to bring it to your country.
    UR LUCKY WE EVEN DECIDED TO TALK TO YOU MUCH LESS SELL YOU THE PHONE!

Nieve little China says: We own this place and we will sell your device (which is the biggest hit to hit the cell phone market since GSM!) for however much we want and we will own the app store that rightfully belongs to you and you will get no control whatsoever over your own company and have no say over what happens to it and you will get nothing in return. (we just want it for a little while so we can copy the S*** out of it and sell it for twice as less becuase we have no copywrite laws)

CHINA YOU ARE REDICULOUS! I KNOW YOUR GOING TO BE A BIG SUPERPOWER IN THE NEXT 50 YEARS AND A GREAT CONTENDER FOR US AMERICANS BUT YOU NEED TO HAIL TO THE CHIEF AND REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GO YOUR WAY!!!!

And who has told you that their are no Apple iphones in China!

LOL every 4 months i do get a nice stock of apple iphones (not that clone ****) they are so great because they have been hardware unlocked!

If you believe, that news, just come to shanghai and see how many chinese has their on iphone, they dont even need itune, they have their own iPhonePC suite.

remember the apple iphone is a GMS, device, and now that its able to be on 3G as wel as EDGE. so think about it!

Are the any iphones in China?

Lot's

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    Hm...I wonder how many people are pissed off because they can't get the iPhone...I know I would be.
    Not that many, lot's of iphones, not clones been sold in Shanghai, and Hong kong,

assemble in china, and you think that a few would not make it out to the streets. Come to Tampa and I would show you how many apples iphones were sold with in Miami, Orlando and Tampa Bay. if they are able to reach USA! What do you think they have on the Street! that clone ****!

Having an iphone is a stament! so think!
    Last edited by gordo2150; 02-10-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er982 View Post
    I dont think china gets it...

Apple says:
    We have a phone, and we want to bring it to your country.
    UR LUCKY WE EVEN DECIDED TO TALK TO YOU MUCH LESS SELL YOU THE PHONE!

Nieve little China says: We own this place and we will sell your device (which is the biggest hit to hit the cell phone market since GSM!) for however much we want and we will own the app store that rightfully belongs to you and you will get no control whatsoever over your own company and have no say over what happens to it and you will get nothing in return. (we just want it for a little while so we can copy the S*** out of it and sell it for twice as less becuase we have no copywrite laws)

CHINA YOU ARE REDICULOUS! I KNOW YOUR GOING TO BE A BIG SUPERPOWER IN THE NEXT 50 YEARS AND A GREAT CONTENDER FOR US AMERICANS BUT YOU NEED TO HAIL TO THE CHIEF AND REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GO YOUR WAY!!!!
    Only an American could think like that and still not be able to use a spell checker....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

gordo2150 (02-10-2009), zedeff (02-10-2009)

well if apple said yes to this deals to for China then it also has to say yes to everyone...especially about controlling the appstore...its apple's baby and i guess they just dont want anybody in on it

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Only an American could think like that and still not be able to use a spell checker....

I don't truly get that news, I have been buying apple products in China for the past 18 months. "even had the first MacAirbook! and the same date that the 3G mania started I was selling then a 500.00 a 8GB (almost got arrested for scalping on International Mall, Tampa. I was too closed to the apple store. the worst **** they only had about 56 phones, the first day. and their system was down! "Now here is the catch! If china don't have any iphones, so what the F&%$ I was selling and they were all ready Unlocked"

in 4 Day's I sold over 100 units, around 36 prepaid att cards and 80 t-mobiles! (35.00 extra with 60 minutes) just as a try out!

and again! If china mobile is not supposed to carry the Iphone! so once again! What the F(*$&$ they sold in china! what the hell I'm selling now!

with in the Tampa bay area, Miami, Orlando, New York and some Caribbean island with they can have it either! I'm selling!

so what the hell is wrong with apple! "Free enterprise" not controlling the market!

is not been greedy, is how much they are charging china mobile! China assembles it, that is so f*%&^ ridiculous. Why should a person paid twice as much? where you could buy for a little more than 300.00 USA for a 8GB.

I mean, Who is Hungrier? China Mobile, or Apple! just for this ****! keep a look out for more hacking on the iphone!

If you truly Chinese, not no Ameri-Chinese nor Taiwanese; you should know better.

Shanghai, and hong kong are the best for black market items, not clones but original! F*%## apple let bring back Free Enterprising!
    Last edited by gordo2150; 02-10-2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Shanghai, and hong kong are the best for black market items, not clones but original! F*%## apple let bring back Free Enterprising!
    Selling Black Market items is not Free Enterprise - it's stealing.

I think both Apple and China Mobile will lose out if they don't come to an agreement and with no legal route to market it is unsurprising that there are black market items - that doesn't make it right though.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

gordo2150 (02-10-2009)

And that's how you make it!

just imagine! Macairbook! for about a grant! iphones for like 450.00 hardware unlocked!

is not stealing, it doing what we do best! be fair with us !

companies are to greedy! let's do this like the prohibition time! and see how the economy comes back!

is not stealing, it doing what we do best! be fair with us !
    Yes it is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

gordo2150 (02-10-2009)

LOL I do feel like a hustler chatting with you! May be I'm

You are - but the culture over there is different.
    It's easy to judge. Maybe I'd be the same if I lived there!

They have enough clone phones out in China, who cares lol

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

There are a lot of iphones over there already that are unlocked... Apple better come up with something if they want this because the people over there can get their hands on them from people over here....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 02-10-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

'A lot' is a relative term - the potential is huge and Apple want to make sure they get their share.
    I would be surprised if no deal is reached - it's in no ones interest and both parties will lose out.

Thanks

I don't truly get that news, I have been buying apple products in China for the past 18 months. "even had the first MacAirbook! and the same date that the 3G mania started I was selling then a 500.00 a 8GB (almost got arrested for scalping on International Mall, Tampa. I was too closed to the apple store. the worst **** they only had about 56 phones, the first day. and their system was down! "Now here is the catch! If china don't have any iphones, so what the F&%$ I was selling and they were all ready Unlocked"

in 4 Day's I sold over 100 units, around 36 prepaid att cards and 80 t-mobiles! (35.00 extra with 60 minutes) just as a try out!

and again! If china mobile is not supposed to carry the Iphone! so once again! What the F(*$&$ they sold in china! what the hell I'm selling now!

with in the Tampa bay area, Miami, Orlando, New York and some Caribbean island with they can have it either! I'm selling!

so what the hell is wrong with apple! "Free enterprise" not controlling the market!

is not been greedy, is how much they are charging china mobile! China assembles it, that is so f*%&^ ridiculous. Why should a person paid twice as much? where you could buy for a little more than 300.00 USA for a 8GB.

I mean, Who is Hungrier? China Mobile, or Apple! just for this ****! keep a look out for more hacking on the iphone!

If you truly Chinese, not no Ameri-Chinese nor Taiwanese; you should know better.

It looks like you are hungrier.....

wow... that would be a lucrative deal if they could get it worked out, but it doesn't seem to be headed the right direction.

yes I'm LOL

Last edited by gordo2150; 02-11-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Read this on a site...

It's clear that Apple still wants the Chinese market, and is still trying to figure out a game plan for emerging markets. In its recent earnings call, Cook said the company was "constantly evaluating the best way to play in these markets." He added, "We know that there's a huge market opportunity there, and we'll make adjustments in the future accordingly to play in a stronger way." The iPhone has been a bit of a hit in China already. Analysts estimate some 800,000 jail-broken models are in use there already.

Could one of those ways be to offer a cheaper handset? Canaccord Adams analyst Peter Misek is predicting in his latest report that Apple will release a lower-cost handset based on the 2.5G iPhone targeted at China and India to drum up sales. The two countries might fare better with the 2.5G model as India doesn't even have 3G networks up and running, while China Mobile's 3G networks are built on a non-compatible technology.

But what's also clear is China Mobile believes Apple needs them more than they need the iPhone, since in all of the negotiations Apple seems to be offering pretty much the same deal as all of the other networks its dealt with. Meanwhile, the negotiations with Apple over the App Store has now got China Mobile thinking. Interfax's source said the carrier was "mapping out its own strategy" to offer smartphone apps.
    Can you post the link to the site you read this on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    Can you post the link to the site you read this on?
    Sorry about that... I forgot to post the link... I had to find it again on the net....

Apple’s Latest Negotiations To Bring iPhone To China Broke Down Over App Store Control | mocoNews.net

China Mobile uses this 3G:TD-SCDMA (experimental)
    China Unicom and China Telecom,uses this WCDMA and CDMA 2000.

No matter what! they wont spent money on 3G data like we do in the states, the cheaper the happier! the millions of apple iphone 2G and 3G roaming around china!

Thanks

The Chinese government has to much control over it's people and what they are allowed to have in their daily lives. First China Mobile which is government controlled tried to get Apple to cripple the iPhone 3G so as to not allow WIFI so the carrier can rip off their customers. Then they wanted to control Apple's App Store so China Mobile can censor apps and control pricing. Just another example why I love living in Canada and not in a communist country like China.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Thanks

Ok now reading something different here... check out this site...

China Unicom may start selling 3G iPhone in May
    From Dow Jones Newswires
    Tuesday 10 February 2009
    Chinese operator is making progress in talks with Apple, according to local sources.
    China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd. has made "great progress" in talks with Apple Inc. on selling the iPhone in China, and may start selling the third-generation phone in May, Chinese Web site Sina.com reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed source.

China Unicom Chairman and Chief Executive Chang Xiaobing said in September the company was confident Apple would sell the iPhone in China, and said his company was interested in selling it.

China Unicom spokeswoman Sophia Tso said she could't comment on the matter as she is still checking on the details of the report with the company's headquarters in Beijing. Apple spokeswoman Jill Tan said the company doesn't comment on market rumors.

The Chinese company said earlier it will start offering 3G mobile services in the first half after the government awarded 3G licenses in January.

Total Telecom - China Unicom may start selling 3G iPhone in May

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast