+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Carrier Update = AT&T MicroCell Coming Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Sounds good - all you need to do is persuade your neighbour to buy one Hell if thats the case I wouldnt mind just splitting the
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Sounds good - all you need to do is persuade your neighbour to buy one
    Hell if thats the case I wouldnt mind just splitting the monthly fee between about 20 neighbors LOL (I live in a 3 story apartment with about 20 total units). That would be ridiculous!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Stupid Update messed up my custom carrier name. It went back to AT&T.........I went and SSH'd my custom ones back into the right folder and it asked to over write and i said yes.........but it won't change..........I re-booted and re-sprung. Nothing I do the AT&T will not change..............

Stinking AT&T

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    I have actually been waiting for this.

the cell coverage inside my home sucks and it's not good enough to talk on.

I have a normal AT&T landline that I pay $40~ a month for, and the only time I use it is when somebody calls my cell phone, I answer it and tell them that I'll call on my landline. Or sometimes I forward my calls to the landline.

but if I had perfect cell coverage, I would be able to cancel my landline and save that $40 a month.
    That is precisely why we are doing it as well. People aren't using home phones like they used to. We don't just sell mobile phones; we sell DirecTV, U-Verse, DSL, & Home Phone service as well.

We create sticky customers if we can combine your bill for the home to your cell phone bill.

In todays world, we don't use home phones like we used too because our cell phones are attached to our hands. Everyone needs a cell phone and not everyone needs a home phone.

The MicroCell will help those without service in their area and help service those who don't want a home phone.

Thanks

The next wave of handset coverage, for use in both commercial and residential. Great business plan for the carrier to get customer to pay for equipment & backhaul This is not good for the landline business. Cable providers will be winners here too. But in the current economy, it will be interesting to see how many pay up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Would be nice if they offered a lower price to customers in areas where they have no 3G service (based on their 3G map coverage online and installation based on GPS).

Thanks

umm i jus update that att thing but it changed my custom carrier back to the original. ssh to put the custom ones on and nothing happened. plz help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just Jailbroke....
    I have a 3G that I just Jailbroke last week.

Is this update going to affect anything I've done (aside from a custom carrier logo)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does this in any way affect the jailbreak?? i have version 2.2, and don't want 2.2.1 yet. does this update change your version or modem firmware??

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy34 View Post
    does this in any way affect the jailbreak?? i have version 2.2, and don't want 2.2.1 yet. does this update change your version or modem firmware??
    My iPhone is just like yours. I haven't updated to 2.2.1 yet either. I went ahead and did the carrier update and didn't lose anything. It only took a second or two. Now my phone seems to have a stronger signal..... or maybe it's just me imagining that it's stronger.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same here, it changed my carrier icons back to original. SSHd and changed the files to my modified ones. Still, the files show as original...

I rebooted before and after changing the carrier icons and still nothing.

Help!

I tried using Winterboard to change them and that work but I like to do it manually to ensure good phone performance.

Quote Originally Posted by sickchris714 View Post
    umm i jus update that att thing but it changed my custom carrier back to the original. ssh to put the custom ones on and nothing happened. plz help?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't get this. This is suppose to make my 3G network stronger when I AM AT HOME with my broadband signal??? That doesn't make sense. My phone is on my broadband network when I walk in the door....

Am i misunderstanding this? I must be

Thanks

1)Not everyone has wireless at home
    2) can you make calls with your mobile over your wireless network?

This doesn't appear to be that useful to most people but I'm sure there is a market for it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    1)Not everyone has wireless at home
    2) can you make calls with your mobile over your wireless network?

This doesn't appear to be that useful to most people but I'm sure there is a market for it.
    Yes I can make calls over my wirless network. What does my wireless network have to do with making a call?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Any updates on the MicroCell? Reception at my house is bad and I drop calls all the time. AT&T confirmed that reception is bad at my house even though it's great all around the city. I'm getting pretty pissed off that they can't do anything about it.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Well when I bought my 3GS I asked and one lady refused to acknowledge what I was talking about and another said late summer. So take that for whatever you think it's worth.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghandioncesaid View Post
    Why is it that everyone here is always pissed off? AT&T is offering an optional solution and suddenly it becomes a shooting range. If you all feel so raped by your carrier, switch.
    well to switch with iPhone you have to unlock which is a more complex than jail breaking and has more issues.
    I think people are pissed that without unlocking AT&T is the ONLY choice , hence no competition , hence bad service for high price. I (and I think most AT&T iphone users) think AT&T has lousy service and coverage now, so the idea that we should pay more to get what we should be getting now kind of pisses people (myself included) off. If we could just switch carriers without having to unlock then I think most would.

Oh and I get bad service standing in the middle of Silicon Valley, outside, no concrete buildings.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123