Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Office for iPhone in a week?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm hoping they will sell for less....i've been looking for an article i read about a week ago to post, but can't find it. the gist of it was based on stats on mobile apps, developers are best suited to develop for the app store over all others....based on how many apps iphone users buy vs. other platforms, devs have to reach an audience something like 90x's bigger with other phones than they do with the iphone to see the same sort of sales numbers. the developer they interviewed said the app store is idea for them because its so much easier to get sales, and because of this, they can sell their apps for less while giving the end user a stronger app because of the iphone's capabilities.

so, more people downloading apps+more powerful apps=lower priced apps, which only spurs more sales.....so basically i'm really hoping this will hold true for this app and i honestly think it will

i'm sure development of the app costs relatively the same amount compared to other phones...but even if it is more, i'm sure their target market is much bigger for the iphone than other phones...not just because of sheer numbers, but also because of how much more likely iphone users are to DL apps. that all being said, they can def. afford to sell the app for a lot less and still make it more profitable than other platforms.
    Last edited by rel1215; 02-07-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    Great something that all other smartphones have and we have to pay for it...not good at all.

How many would be prepared to pay to use office on the go...especially since they may already have paid for a licence to use it on their home computers.

What about companies that may have a number of iphone on their plans, that is a lot to spend out especially in this economic climate.
    ya that should be treated as an extenstion. not a full fledged program.

$5 max

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    though $5100 may seem a lot to some for me it is extremely inexpensive for me. this will be an such a convenience for me.
    Can't wait!!!!

I will opt for the fullest version available
    Did you read what you wrote before you pressed the Submint Reply button?

thats gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Will you be able to create document as well as edit them?

I want flash

Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    I want flash
    wow you actually think that this is a good place to post that? it has NOTHING to do with the topic.

posts like these are the reason that threads die

It's just the point they can get everything but flash to work on this phone sorry

Thanks

This is cool and all but how are you going to EDIT a file someone emails to you when the iPhone does not YET support saving of Office or iWork documents the way it does image files.
    Cause regardless of what people say, I really do not see myself creating documents on any mobile device that small. There is plenty screen real estate but for the function, we'll see how it goes.
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

IMO, if that document is that important that you would try to edit it on that tiny screen on your iPhone, you should just find a computer to edit it with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

EGutierrez91 (02-08-2009)

sounds good to me!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The iPhone doesn't have support for browsing those different files on your iPhone. If I could import it via AirSharing, and then edit it, it'd make sense. Would you have to send that document through it's own app, the same way AirSharing works? It's rather ridiculous that we can't have one central place for documents and other files like we do for images.

I hope 3.0 for the iPhone involves some MAJOR changes, or I'll be getting a WM phone, sadly to say. I purchased the iPhone recently switching over from being a strict WM user. I'm happy with it, but just wished it had some basic features that other phones have.

As for this MSOffice app. If it's more than $10 and/or requires you to send files via it's own app and doesn't allow you to manage your files, it isn't something I'm willing to drop my money on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EGutierrez91 View Post
    The iPhone doesn't have support for browsing those different files on your iPhone. If I could import it via AirSharing, and then edit it, it'd make sense. Would you have to send that document through it's own app, the same way AirSharing works? It's rather ridiculous that we can't have one central place for documents and other files like we do for images.

I hope 3.0 for the iPhone involves some MAJOR changes, or I'll be getting a WM phone, sadly to say. I purchased the iPhone recently switching over from being a strict WM user. I'm happy with it, but just wished it had some basic features that other phones have.

As for this MSOffice app. If it's more than $10 and/or requires you to send files via it's own app and doesn't allow you to manage your files, it isn't something I'm willing to drop my money on.
    My best guess would be that there would be some sort of airsharing like feature included in the app. it would have to in order to work with the iphone as is....but for jailbreakers, all it would take is using hclipboard or clippy to copy emailed docs and then past in a new word file.
    .....you know what would be pretty cool though....not having word on a mac and just using veency to edit a file on your phone using a real keyboard.

but i do agree with the above.....3.0 is going to need some serious changes....but the changes would be so large, i don't think we'd see them until they release something like an iPhone "Pro"

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Being that this program isn't going to support editing anything from the premium package that is not also included in the basic package, I don;t see how throwing a 500 dollar price tag at us helps prove any point you were trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Any discussion of cracked apps will, as is standard at MMi, be deleted, and the user infracted.
    He didn;t discuss cracked apps any more than you did in your own post... he simply mentioned them LOL

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    wow you actually think that this is a good place to post that? it has NOTHING to do with the topic.

posts like these are the reason that threads die
    as is your response in this manner (and then mine)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-09-2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I don't really see the need for it. I hate typing long messages on the iphone. And to be honest I could probably wait to use a computer for last minute changes to a document. As of now Notes.app does a fine job at keeping notes haha.

*What seems more practical to me is if in Apple's update they just added .doc support to Notes as well as copy and paste and maybe even some text features so you can change the size, font family.*

I suppose if you do a lot of work in word/excel, (especially on your phone?) then this would be good for you.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

View only in Exchange has been sufficient enough, as with others, I haven't given up my laptop, so editing of files will work best on laptop. I used "Office" on WinMo handset w/ keyboard (Fuze), not worth the pain.

I'm constantly having to use Excel for time sheets and orders for work and working two full time jobs its not always convenient to get on the computer and to be able to work with Excel documents on my phone would be phenomenal! I would definitely pay up to 50 or 60 bucks for this easily since the convenience and loss of headaches would be much better. And just a pet peeve that has always bugged me: YOU PAYED HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR THAT D@*# PHONE AND I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT PRICES AND THE ECONOMY!!! SOMETIMES PRICES ON APPS CAN BE B.S. BUT THOSE ARE THE ONES THAT YOU USUALLY SHOULDN'T EVEN LET TAKE UP SPACE ON YOUR PHONE SINCE AT MOST YOU ONLY HAVE 14 GIGS OF SPACE WHICH ISN'T ENOUGH APPLE !!! IF THATS REALLY A PROBLEM THAN YOU NEED TO GET ANOTHER PHONE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FORK OUT THAT EXTRA 30 A MONTH JUST FOR INTERNET USE AND SAY IT IS BETTER TO WAIT TO JUST USE A COMPUTER. ISN'T THE REASON YOU BOUGHT THE IPHONE SO THAT YOU COULD HAVE NEARLY AS MUCH COMPUTING POWER AS AT HOME OR AT THE OFFICE RIGHT IN YOUR POCKET?!?!? Sorry, but this just gets on my nerves people!
    Last edited by RByers; 02-13-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    Come on 32GB iPhone!!!!!! Please Apple, I have over 1,000 songs and let alone movies that hardly ever get to see daylight

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know yet when it will be released? I still don't see it available.

If it's only being demo'd at MWC this week I guess it could be some time before it hits the App store.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Any news concerning the release date?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast