Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

Emirates Telecommunications - Etisalat, a United Arab Emirates, is getting the iPhone February 15th. What does that have to do with you (uh, if you are not in the UAE)? In the same interview with the Dow Jones when Mark Davis, Program Director for iPhone at Etisalat, announced they'd be getting the iPhone on February 15th, he apparently also said although they were getting this version late than many countries, the

next version of the device, which is due out in June, will be launched in the UAE at the same time.
    Phil Schiller also hinted at this in an interview with David Pogue after MacWorld, when he said that Apple sticks to annual product schedules, of which the iPhone's is in June.

Recently, mentions of a new hardware revision have been discovered in the iPhone firmware, reaching back a few firmware cycles.

Other sites are also wondering what happened to Apple's promised Push notification, and noting that a major hardware revision may be necessary to improve backgrounding ability if Push isn't coming. I'm not sure exactly what they're bsing that on though - Ashikase's Backgrounder has been holding up decently. Improved hardware can't hurt, though.

AppleInsider

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (02-04-2009)

I hope apple get it right this time.

A rumor for what It might look like:

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple got it right the first time... and the second time. It outsold all other smart phones and is still the coolest piece of phone technology in the world. The reason Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world with no debt and over $25 billion in the bank is because of their business strategy to upgrade their product JUST enough to get the consumer to buy a new one every 2 years. If they gave the first iphone 3G speeds, a 5 megapixel camera, and MMS, and Video Conferencing, and whatever else you can think of the first time around they would have no where to go from there. The next gen iphone that comes out will add a couple cool things... and then leave out most everything else to be included in the 4th generation iphone so you'll run out and get that one too.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-03-2009 at 01:02 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

slik (02-03-2009)

Thanks

case and point below, lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

slik (02-03-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    That design looks great.

I'd switch my 3G without thinking it over.

Thanks

I would venture to say the screen size and resolution will remain the same so all the app store apps don't have to be re-written for a second device.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm putting my spare bills up....;-}
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 02-03-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

I WILL be there iDay this year. I'm quite excited now!
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i would too!!!! that just looks sexy. and i thought my 3g was sexy. this kinda has the macbook air look to it.

" what are you talking to your phone for? oh i'm not. im isuing ichat to talk with a friend online." hhhhahahaahha niiiiiiccceeee

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punkstar31 View Post
    That design looks great.

I'd switch my 3G without thinking it over.
    I to am find that oddly Sexual and would deffo replace my 1st Gen for THAT.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I'd get that in a hurry I like it alot!!!

I'm sure Id be able to get a nice otterbox too
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 02-03-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

It really reminds me of the multi touch area of the newer mac books. I like it! Only 9 mm thick that's impressive too.

How genuine do guys really think this image is?
    Last edited by Icepecks; 02-03-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icepecks View Post
    It really reminds me of the multi touch area of the newer mac books. I like it! Only 9 mm thick that's impressive too.

How genuine do guys really think this image is?
    100% made up

Thanks

I think the features list is way off. I don't think they'll have a removable battery.. or a message light. I think the 32GB chip is reasonable, the video capable along with true GPS. But again I don't think they'll add TOO much at once... not their style.

Thanks

all we will see is a hardware revision, possibly a new shell, but the main selling point being improved battery life.

with this improved battery life, apple can introduce 3.0 and finally the push notification system as the new battery will be able to handle it.

i dont think push has been introduced yet because the current batteries can't handle it, so there is the reason for all 2g/3g owners to go out and buy the 4g.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

The message light! That's a must have on a high end device. Two speakers would also be a huge improvement. That design looks hot, and I would certainly upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    all we will see is a hardware revision, possibly a new shell, but the main selling point being improved battery life.

with this improved battery life, apple can introduce 3.0 and finally the push notification system as the new battery will be able to handle it.

i dont think push has been introduced yet because the current batteries can't handle it, so there is the reason for all 2g/3g owners to go out and buy the 4g.
    The iPhone has push already. Battery is not and has never been an issue. Also, that mockup looks ugly as hell. I'm pretty happy with the 3G and don't see a reason for a hardware change. The one thing I would change is the camera and even then I barely use it. Most of what I want/wish is software related.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

I for some reason don't believe that it will have a message light.. I think it would take away from the look of the iphone.. I personally can live without an message light.. I would rather have an option for the phone to beep or vib ever 5 mins or something... in regards to 2 speakers... I think that would cause space issues and they would either have to relocate the charging port or the mic... or move the speakers to the back...
    I do see a new iphone with a new shell.. maybe a 3.2 mpx and flash.. and 32gb for sure... i could really go for longer battery life ... and Streo Bluetooth!!!

Lighter

Thanks

again guys and girls... all speculation. lets no get our hopes up. we all know what happen there last july.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast