+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Found this site.... Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year? Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year? (AAPL)
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Found this site.... Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year?

Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year? (AAPL)

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Found this site.... Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year?

Apple's iPhone Roadmap: 3 New Phones This Year? (AAPL)
    Everything is plausible...

A 32Gb phone is likely - so is colours as per the rest of the iPhone range.

The other two? I doubt it. But who knows?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    don't knock what you don't understand? you seem to be lacking a little understanding too....an eleven inch oled tv runs twenty-five hundred dollars....there is no way apple could make an oled iphone profitable...either they have to charge way too much for it retail and no one buys it, or no telcom in their right mind would provide the massive subsidy needed to move the phones.
    Then why have other manufacturers just about to released oled phones, seems you way out of date my friend
    Last edited by ericidle; 02-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Then whay have other manufacturers just released oled phone, seems you way out of date my friend
    Has anyone released one? Nokia and Samsung both have concept phones with OLED but I don't know of any released yet
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Has anyone released one? Nokia and Samsung both have concept phones with OLED but I don't know of any released yet
    ok a little previous but just wait a week the point is I'm certain you will see OLED in mass market phone VERY soon and the price is getting more competative daily. trust me I know..... the other posts on this subject are way out of date and some dont even know the correct terminology

check this one out http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/09/s...a-touch-s8300/
    Last edited by ericidle; 02-09-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Interesting - looks like they are closer than I thought.I wonder if they will be able to get the price down and quality up enough to mass produce for the iPhone though?
    I would still doubt if it's viable for an iPhone this year - but I could be proved wrong!

Thanks

Having seen an OLED screen in the flesh and also a working 3D TV I'm confident we will see a mobile phone sporting OLED in a matter of months if not weeks. As Apple like to be far ahead of the competition and also given that they need better battery life for the other missing functions to be added I'd be fairly confident that the next iPhone will sport an OLED screen.

As for the 3D TV it was interesting to see the sample but a production unit! that will take someone a bit longer............

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:
    Man if this is true with the iChat camera I'm in. lol

Thanks

If Apple wont sacrifice their top of the line parts to make a netbook, why would they sacrifice their top of the line parts to make a crappier iPhone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The way I see it, a simple upgrade to the existing hardware and software is enough to keep them in the lead for two years.

This is the first Apple product I've ever used, and I can see why people love them so much. If the new iPhone comes with a better cam and an upgraded SMS app and keyboard, I'm buying!

oh and I do hope the next one is open to all carriers. I really don't see why such a fantastic phone needs to be tied to particular carriers, it really didn't do them much good.
    Last edited by aayman_farzand; 02-12-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The iPhone is the first Apple device (apart from a MAC I bought but have never used) that I have used - and I agree, it is fantastic. The hardware improvements are, IMHO minor. Nice to have's but nothing essential (to me)and I really don't like that design with sharp corners!

As to it being open to all carriers? I doubt it. Here in the UK it seems to be going the other way with more and more devices being sold by only one carrier, which I think is a retrograde step.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe apple should perfect its current products before going out and making new 1s.

Thanks

They could do both....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im hoping for all the features we have been waiting for non 3rd party!! like mms!!! video messaging, 3mp cam or better w/video cam and FLASH!, and most of all copy/paste!!, and a longer better battery life on 3G please stop making us turn down brightness and use EDGE takes away having 3G just to save battery LIFE!!!! lets get longer battery than them crackberry's, also maybe a faster email push atleast as close to instantly as possible!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poulosjr View Post
    Im hoping for all the features we have been waiting for non 3rd party!! like mms!!! video messaging, 3mp cam or better w/video cam and FLASH!, and most of all copy/paste!!, and a longer better battery life on 3G please stop making us turn down brightness and use EDGE takes away having 3G just to save battery LIFE!!!! lets get longer battery than them crackberry's, also maybe a faster email push atleast as close to instantly as possible!!
    Youre post just shows how hard it will be for Apple to make an iPhone with anything new. Almost everything you mentioned is software related while any need for a new iPhone would be something hardware related. Faster processor? Better camera? They would be improvements, but nothing extrememly significant...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:
    Doubt it. The edges are too sharp for an Apple product and a square home button? iChat cam and larger screen area would be nice though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when the hew iphone is expected to be released in june/july of 09', will it only be released in the u.s. first or in other countries as well (switzerland)...if not how long after?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie86 View Post
    when the hew iphone is expected to be released in june/july of 09', will it only be released in the u.s. first or in other countries as well (switzerland)...if not how long after?
    At the moment it's only a rumour so might not be released anywhere. No dates for the US let alone any other country!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inko9nito View Post
    Doubt it. The edges are too sharp for an Apple product and a square home button? iChat cam and larger screen area would be nice though
    That rumor has just about zero chance of happening. Like Gizmodo or Engadget said, that is pretty much a Mac formed into a phone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]