+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but according to some pictures from Apple's latest patent, we *could* be getting Flash, Video Recording, and Video Conferencing.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but according to some pictures from Apple's latest patent, we *could* be getting Flash, Video Recording, and Video Conferencing.

Also, there appears to be a new way of giving us more choices of words from the spell checker.

Last edited by nighthawk311; 02-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the camera above but the slide keyboard has got to go
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk311 View Post

Also, there appears to be a new way of giving us more choices of words from the spell checker.
    Which are all s/ware improvements - no need for a new iPhone just new FW.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Which are all s/ware improvements - no need for a new iPhone just new FW.
    Notice the Optical Sensor on the FRONT of the iPhone. Don't think that's a software update. How else would you get video conferencing if you had to turn your phone around. Don't think to many people would be going for it.

Thanks

Notice the Optical Sensor on the FRONT of the iPhone. Don't think that's a software update. How else would you get video conferencing if you had to turn your phone around. Don't think to many people would be going for it.
    I missed that one.

Have you ever made a video call - let alone a video conf?

I've had the capability to make video calls for over 5 years.

I've made 2

Maybe other people are excited by by this 'must have' feature....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I missed that one.

Have you ever made a video call - let alone a video conf?

I've had the capability to make video calls for over 5 years.

I've made 2

Maybe other people are excited by by this 'must have' feature....
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not very excited about it either. I doubt I'd ever use it. Just trying to point out some more new things that could be making there way to the new iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Awesome, can't wait. Get it in a minute.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I'm not very excited about it either. I doubt I'd ever use it. Just trying to point out some more new things that could be making there way to the new iPhone.
    You made a fair point - but as I've said before, I'm very happy with the 3G hardware, more storage would be good and a better camera might be nice (although, to tell the truth, I'm quite happy with the one on the 3G). What I really want is all the potential software improvements.
    I haven't seen any potential hardware improvement that really excites me. I'd much rather they got the software right than released new hardware.

mtj
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I could swear that Apple were saying backgrounding was bad; during a keynote in January last year (I think) and the announcement of 2.0, they brought up a picture of Windows Mobile Task Manager, pointed out the faults in it (no surprise there) and then they introduced push, saying that was the way forward...Haven't heard much from the push side of things lately, so what's gonna happen?
    Well, yes and no, if you looked at ripdev's hood, then you sort of have windows task manager on an iphone. Since it lists some processes operating that you are not sure if you should end or not, much like apples critique of the fault of task manager. *if i recall correctly* So if they do it, im sure it will be much more cleaner and user friendly like big boss's sbsettings ... but i dont know if id reach that far

That being said, i dont know what's going to happen with push, it's been almost 7 months since the 3g launched and we are (give or take) 5 months away from the next iphone. And the iphone 3g is very successful without push, so i wouldnt be surprised if they post pone it closer to the next iphones release to help make that iphone successful, or if the theory they talked about was actually harder to implement thus making them find an alternative means which could be - backgrounding ..

who knows

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I think there should be a speaker on every corner of the iphone so we can have surround sound when watching videos.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I think there should be a speaker on every corner of the iphone so we can have surround sound when watching videos.
    LOL That would be a cool feature

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    All you need is 6 or 8 iPhones depending on whether you want 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound (and someone to write the software to separate out the feeds). Simple - problem solved

On a side note: I see your sig asks for thanks but you have never given any - is this just because no one has ever helped you?

What's Jailbreak? iphoneprogrammer's Avatar
    Thanks
    The removable battery is going to have to be put on. Apparently europe doesn't like that fact that you can't have a removable battery. So for any new iphone sold over there they are going to have to be equipped with a removable battery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
    The removable battery is going to have to be put on. Apparently europe doesn't like that fact that you can't have a removable battery. So for any new iphone sold over there they are going to have to be equipped with a removable battery.
    Hope for the best.

Thanks

You made a fair point - but as I've said before, I'm very happy with the 3G hardware, more storage would be good and a better camera might be nice (although, to tell the truth, I'm quite happy with the one on the 3G). What I really want is all the potential software improvements.
    I haven't seen any potential hardware improvement that really excites me. I'd much rather they got the software right than released new hardware.
    Im with you man. I could care less about new hardware. I want the software to be better. But a better camera with a flash and maybe a 32gb option would be very nice! And Video conferencing? Wouldnt the people you were talking to need to have a video conference capable phone as well? So basically is would only be used for business, not the everyday person.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope there isn't a new model coming out this June....all that means for me is more money out of my pocket and I might as well get in line now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    I hope there isn't a new model coming out this June....all that means for me is more money out of my pocket and I might as well get in line now
    haha it needs to be like super awesome for me to get it as soon as it comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i hope they don't realease a new iphone, i don't really want to get a new one, but if they do hopefully my carrier will be nice enf to let me upgrade for nominal amount

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Filo01 View Post
    i hope they don't realease a new iphone, i don't really want to get a new one, but if they do hopefully my carrier will be nice enf to let me upgrade for nominal amount
    I was just going to ask this. I signed a new two year contract when I got my 3g, what makes anyone think AT&T will let anyone upgrade without paying the full price?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post
    I was just going to ask this. I signed a new two year contract when I got my 3g, what makes anyone think AT&T will let anyone upgrade without paying the full price?
    If you previously had an iPhone, you dont need to wait 2 years until you can get a new phone; you can just get the new iPhone and all you are doing is renewing your contract...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]