+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by A.T I just hope they upgrade the processor, RAM, flash drive, the 3G chip so it's not limited, better camera and flash and a metal design, I'm
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I just hope they upgrade the processor, RAM, flash drive, the 3G chip so it's not limited, better camera and flash and a metal design, I'm happy.

Oh yeah and the ability to forward SMS and emoticons better be in or I'm ditching my 2G for WM!!
    "WM".... sorry YUK! I rather go without SMS... you can get emoticons in the app store...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301646831&mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300469415&mt=8

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd drop this current 16G White "Baller" 3G just like I dropped the 1st Gen..the iChat feature alone rocks! I'll take two, one for me and one for my fiancé.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I going with POSEIDON79 ON THIS ONE

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:
    uh?????
    this goes totally out of the iPhone scheme!

but would ve nice to have the 3g desing with the feaures of the pic

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

this is what i'd rather see it look like....but i highly doubt it.....i know a keyboard is just not apple, but if they dressed it up like a mini mackbook kb i don't think it would lose any of that "cool" factor that apple values over function sometimes. something like this could prob. grab customers from that god awful "netbook" market.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June-custom_1230535044740_iphone-pro2_02.jpg  

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    "WM".... sorry YUK! I rather go without SMS... you can get emoticons in the app store...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301646831&mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300469415&mt=8
    Thats a sh***y way of adding emoticons, too much hassle and ridiculously stupid, I mean come on a separate app to add emoticons, should be an option on the keyboard itself!

I want emoticons for SMS anyway not email, when people send me SMS's with smileys in them or I need to forward a text, Clippy does an extremely great job for forwarding SMS's.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

emoticons better be in or I'm ditching my 2G for WM!!
    ^^^^^^^not sure how to actually comment on that other than.....

.......oh just thought of something.......ROFLMAO

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well i just cant wait to put money on it to take home and mess with it no matter of its looks and price.

mtj
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple will introduce two to three major improvements, just like they did with the 3g over the 2g (eg, appstore, 3g speeds). OLED screen although it would be awesome, it is not feasible under any circumstances to produce, its too expensive and in terms of apples history they havent been used in any ipods. The new iphone I personally think will have:

- Better hardware, to enhance the gaming on the iphone (appstore is a money maker so it only makes sense to raise the bar in terms of what developers can make on it)

- Backgrounding abilities (its obvious that the way apps function now are quite limiting, and so perhaps apple will eventually allow apps like intelliscreen to hit the appstore)

- Battery life ( and why not, who can argue wtih that, and with the above mentioned, apple will need to ante up on the battery )
    Last edited by mtj; 02-04-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    this is what i'd rather see it look like....but i highly doubt it.....i know a keyboard is just not apple, but if they dressed it up like a mini mackbook kb i don't think it would lose any of that "cool" factor that apple values over function sometimes. something like this could prob. grab customers from that god awful "netbook" market.

An iphone is perfect, but with a full keyboard that slides out, makes it even better. I would pay anything for my phone to be look like this.
    Too bad its not going to happen
    Maybe One Day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    - Backgrounding abilities (its obvious that the way apps function now are quite limiting, and so perhaps apple will eventually allow apps like intelliscreen to hit the appstore)
    I could swear that Apple were saying backgrounding was bad; during a keynote in January last year (I think) and the announcement of 2.0, they brought up a picture of Windows Mobile Task Manager, pointed out the faults in it (no surprise there) and then they introduced push, saying that was the way forward...Haven't heard much from the push side of things lately, so what's gonna happen?
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-04-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Not sure what I'd like in the next iPhone...
    Better camera, more storage - maybe.
    That design? No way! Those sharp corners in my pocket? Not for me. OLOED display? Why? I like the one I've got and don't want to pay a massive premium for OLED.

The hardware as it is is damn near perfect for me - any improvements would be minor and I doubt if they would be worth me upgrading.

All of my 'problems' with the iPhone are software related - the lack of release of proper SatNav being the only one that makes me consider changing device. If they could fix that I'd be very happy. All other things are very minor (for me - YMMV).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Guys i need uhelp on this >>> is all this made up or apple is truely going to launch this new version ... cuz im planning to shift from my 1st gen iphone to iPhone 3G ... so if this sexy iphone is getting launched so shud i wait for it till june ????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prankz55 View Post
    Guys i need uhelp on this >>> is all this made up or apple is truely going to launch this new version ... cuz im planning to shift from my 1st gen iphone to iPhone 3G ... so if this sexy iphone is getting launched so shud i wait for it till june ????
    Wait 'til June.
    It might come out.
    Or it might not.
    Who cares?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Wait 'til June.
    It might come out.
    Or it might not.
    Who cares?
    I'd also recommend waiting. I was gonna purchase a 3G and sell my 2G, but I like my 2G way better then a 3G at the moment The only way i'd purchase a new iPhone if one is released, it has to be 32GB or bigger! hehe Thats also why I didn't get a 3G, 16GB just doesn't cut it for me. Im greedy and want more so I can add more junk on the iPhone

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

Thats a sh***y way of adding emoticons, too much hassle and ridiculously stupid, I mean come on a separate app to add emoticons, should be an option on the keyboard itself!

I want emoticons for SMS anyway not email, when people send me SMS's with smileys in them or I need to forward a text, Clippy does an extremely great job for forwarding SMS's.
    Sorry this is the only way I could help you with for the emoticons... its better than nufin! LOL

I read the same thing below.... oh boy not enough to make me happy... I still want the things I feel I need like many of other people....

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    Apple will introduce two to three major improvements, just like they did with the 3g over the 2g (eg, appstore, 3g speeds). OLED screen although it would be awesome, it is not feasible under any circumstances to produce, its too expensive and in terms of apples history they havent been used in any ipods. The new iphone I personally think will have:

- Better hardware, to enhance the gaming on the iphone (appstore is a money maker so it only makes sense to raise the bar in terms of what developers can make on it)

- Battery life ( and why not, who can argue wtih that, and with the above mentioned, apple will need to ante up on the battery )
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 02-05-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I could swear that Apple were saying backgrounding was bad; during a keynote in January last year (I think) and the announcement of 2.0, they brought up a picture of Windows Mobile Task Manager, pointed out the faults in it (no surprise there) and then they introduced push, saying that was the way forward...Haven't heard much from the push side of things lately, so what's gonna happen?
    They said September. What year, though? Who knows :P

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not sure what I'd like in the next iPhone...
    Better camera, more storage - maybe.
    That design? No way! Those sharp corners in my pocket? Not for me. OLOED display? Why? I like the one I've got and don't want to pay a massive premium for OLED.

The hardware as it is is damn near perfect for me - any improvements would be minor and I doubt if they would be worth me upgrading.

All of my 'problems' with the iPhone are software related - the lack of release of proper SatNav being the only one that makes me consider changing device. If they could fix that I'd be very happy. All other things are very minor (for me - YMMV).
    Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED) because of better battery performance and thats key to most of the things people want added. If youve ever seen an oled screen working you'd be amazed its better than the current iphone screen thinner and richer in colour with less battery drain

Want one now?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

don't knock what you don't understand? you seem to be lacking a little understanding too....an eleven inch oled tv runs twenty-five hundred dollars....there is no way apple could make an oled iphone profitable...either they have to charge way too much for it retail and no one buys it, or no telcom in their right mind would provide the massive subsidy needed to move the phones.

the only way the consumer market doesn't revolt against prices going from their current level to first gen iphone prices, is with the release of a high end "pro" model, and i would bet there are a bunch of items on the list of improvements that would go into an "iphone pro" that come way before OLED.

i understand what you're saying with improved battery life, but i bet a slightly thicker model with a bigger battery, added features like 4mp cam, more ram and any number of things we've talked about in this thread, would be more economical and marketable for apple.

can anyone remember the ipods history??? where did it go early on?? bigger before smaller or the other way around?? i can't remember.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

They've relatively stayed the same since it's first model with the Mini and Nano as offspring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June-ipod-history.jpg  

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast