+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hopefully the new iphone will support 3G with 1700mhz and 2100mhz band so I can use T-Mobile 3G. Now that would be awesome... lol
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hopefully the new iphone will support 3G with 1700mhz and 2100mhz band so I can use T-Mobile 3G. Now that would be awesome... lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple got it right the first time... and the second time. It outsold all other smart phones and is still the coolest piece of phone technology in the world. The reason Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world with no debt and over $25 billion in the bank is because of their business strategy to upgrade their product JUST enough to get the consumer to buy a new one every 2 years. If they gave the first iphone 3G speeds, a 5 megapixel camera, and MMS, and Video Conferencing, and whatever else you can think of the first time around they would have no where to go from there. The next gen iphone that comes out will add a couple cool things... and then leave out most everything else to be included in the 4th generation iphone so you'll run out and get that one too.
    Well said. If only the whingers out there "where's cut & paste" "where's MMS" etc etc realised the above, before opening their mouths!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think they have a big bucket of features and they wont all fit in whatever their new designed case is. Therefore, they will wait and see what the Palm Pre actually does and select just enough features to keep us from jumping ship.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxwinick View Post
    Apple and at&t both know exactly what they are doing with the iPhone. First Apple, like it was said before Apple would be stupid to release a device that does everything you want it to do. If they did you wouldn't by the next gen when it came out. Remember the movie What about Bob?, they take baby steps with their products.
    The problem with a company only allowing small updates in an attempt to entice consumers to buy the next version is that soon their customers will get impatient and start looking at competitors for a solution to what they need. Companies such as Sony Ericsson, Nokia and RIM have smartphones that currently list features that the iPhone 3G could have now but Apple refuses to provide.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think they have destroyed the desing of the iPhone.
    The first iPhone was a killer, Second was to plastic and now alumineum? i just hope we can jailbreak it and unlock it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max.orsen.thomsson View Post
    i just hope we can jailbreak it and unlock it.
    Once its released, im sure but it just takes time.... Apple are always changing and making it harder for the dev team, etc. to jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagine engine View Post
    The problem with a company only allowing small updates in an attempt to entice consumers to buy the next version is that soon their customers will get impatient and start looking at competitors for a solution to what they need. Companies such as Sony Ericsson, Nokia and RIM have smartphones that currently list features that the iPhone 3G could have now but Apple refuses to provide.
    I think that this is exactly the point. Apple is the one company that CAN leave out some core functions and still get people to choose their product over better featured competitors, simply because of their better design, looks, interface, and "cool" associated with their brand. The iPhone proves this point nicely

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:

hmm i don't know about this new look if it even is real. It looks like touch screen motorola Q.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I will be first in line

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its just someones rendering. wtf is wrong with the people thinking its serious?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addybgrilla View Post
    Well said. If only the whingers out there "where's cut & paste" "where's MMS" etc etc realised the above, before opening their mouths!
    Sorry, but there's nothing awesome about the above mentioned features, so adding those to the "all-new iPhone" in 2009 or 2010 and advertising it as- "We've done the impossible" or "We've done it again" or "The world's best phone. Third time around."(as Apple will do) and expecting me to rush out to sign the dotted line is taking the piss.

> If they add copy and paste and nothing else with the 3rd gen iPhone- I won't buy it.
    > If they add MMS and nothing else significant- I won't buy it.

I didn't buy the iPhone 3G purely because they added half a feature here and there (3G capability of the iPhone 3G compared to other 3G phones on the UK market is close to half, assisted GPS, well it's assisted), gave me a terrible contract to choose from, and then they topped it off by cheapening the build quality of the phone itself.
    I skipped a generation hoping that the new iPhone that Apple release will look and feel good but also be value for money with decent features and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by addybgrilla View Post
    I think that this is exactly the point. Apple is the one company that CAN leave out some core functions and still get people to choose their product over better featured competitors, simply because of their better design, looks, interface, and "cool" associated with their brand. The iPhone proves this point nicely
    The iMac doesn't.
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-04-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

in the UAE? really? the choice of country for launching the next version for an international device like the iPhone is surprising to say the least.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why not ?
    --------------------------------------
    CypherFC La Brute

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    in the UAE? really? the choice of country for launching the next version for an international device like the iPhone is surprising to say the least.
    Pretty sure the story is not that the UAE is where the product would be launched, but merely that it would launch there AT THE SAME TIME as it launched elsewhere.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

That is looking better

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i love my iPhone just the way it is.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see flash for my camera and be able to zoom in on things.... MMS and copy and paste... and have more pages to use than nine and then I would be happy..

According to this site...

Apple is planning to release the next version of the iPhone in June, with support for running apps in the background and a brand new, more powerful hardware architecture

New iPhone 3G Due In June: Reports - Apple Unvarnished - InformationWeek

Only time will tell what is offered to us next... until then we can only wish and dream....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus can't they include MMS by now?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    Hey, the iPhone will probably make a killing in Dubai .

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hope they upgrade the processor, RAM, flash drive, the 3G chip so it's not limited, better camera and flash and a metal design, I'm happy.

Oh yeah and the ability to forward SMS and emoticons better be in or I'm ditching my 2G for WM!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast