+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well if the iPhone does get a refresh in the summer, I hope it has some worth while changes. Faster processor for push and faster overall and a bettter camera
    Thanks

Well if the iPhone does get a refresh in the summer, I hope it has some worth while changes. Faster processor for push and faster overall and a bettter camera on my list, better battery, but besides that, Im pretty happy with my phone overall. But thinking back, no matter what the changes are, I will probably still be frothing at the mouth when a new one is revealed and will be chomping at the bit to get my hands on one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrishannan View Post
    YES! I'm not alone! That device is the ugliest piece of iCrap I've ever seen. If the new iPhone looks anything like that, I won't be getting it. :/ That is, unless it had twice+ the battery life, at least 32GB, front facing camera for video chat, better rear camera, more RAM, MMS, and a standard APPLE IM app, and I doubt that'll happen.
    After reading a couple pages, I thought I was the only one. That "new" design is UGLY! What's this boxy looking thing. Some of the features are nice, but come on? It sounds like some people would buy anything Apple puts out on the market. As a matter of fact, IF this is true, it seems the design of the iphone keeps getting uglier. The 3G looks like the phone is pregnant with the curve in the back. I like my 1st Gen iphone, now that design is clean. Maybe it's just me and this is my rant.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagine engine View Post
    Apple won't be getting my hard earned cash on another iPhone if they can't at least provide background push, tethering, video recording, copy/paste, multiple attachments for Mail, video call camera, 3 to 5 MP camera with flash, voice command, turn by turn GPS navigation and A2DP. It's been over a year since the first iPhone was released and Apple still is unable to provide features that outside developers have created many months ago but Apple refuses access to their customers. So the only resort is for these same developers to host their apps in Cydia and ask the iPhone community to jailbreak their expensive hardware to get access to these wonderful apps, most of which are provided at no charge.
    ----another hint at an iphone pro.....he's right, the phone is more than capable of all those things but apple holds it back(except tethering, thats thanks to the b@stards at AT&T) we' haven't been getting these features in small increments, so why not an all in one with a more expensive model. all of those features scream business user.

-not to mention, how pissed would people be if apple strung them along over those features for two years and finally delivered them on a third model that also cost 199/299? it would be a direct slap in the face to the people that have bought both generations thus far. only way we get these features IF they release a new model this year------>iPhone Pro

otherwise expect a feature update that rivals this years macworld.....blah

Thanks

ok im sorry but...the new fake, made up, ugly, concept iphone 3rd generation design is HORRIBLE, UGLY, NASTY, AND REPULSIVE!!!!!!! eeewewww...ill stick to my 3G!

AND COME ON! we arent getting all those features...we will be lucky to get a 3.0 camera and mms...we prolly end up with one or the other...ichat? RIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT.....we have no choice but to wait till launch day...

but believe me...i will be out there in line for hours AGAIN...last year i was number 22 in line and had to wait 4.5 hours. 2 hours it was pouring rain....and ill do it all again

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    The original iPhone has 2g and 2.5g speeds. It can be called the 2g iPhone, just not the G2 iPhone.
    I always referred to the very first iPhone as 1G, the one with the memory upgrade that came out right after as the 2G, and the newest one as the 3G.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

stupid

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

when does apple not release a new version, who is suprised, when do they not release a new version of there ipods one year after another
    also when it does some out, 32gb hdd space, 256 ram, 1.5ghz dual core, and verizon version i really wish
    Last edited by dillonsmith9147; 02-03-2009 at 07:43 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:
    Ohhh, that phone is actually sexy to me! It'll look nice with a case on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnew2hu View Post
    I have a original 4 gig 1st gen And I would not trade it for anything....

3G sure its fast, Sleak and sexy on the 2nd gen Hmmm maybe.. But I was first. I work for ATT retail sales and have had a jailbroken Phone all along. Its the best unit I have ever used and I have caried the 2nd gen as well.

the first gen was the best just my 2cents worth.
    lmao still on dial up 2?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    lmao still on dial up 2?
    lmmfao hahahahaha

Thanks

noofence to anyone,the way apple acts,i seriously will never buy their laptop unless someone makes me.They are seriously too picky.Ok i get it IF cell phone didn't have bluetooth and other stuff which iphone doesn't have only then apple could have released stuff one by one showing new stuff.BUT NO,even a a FREE PHONE HAS BLUETOOTH TRANSFER.Unless iphone brings something really awesome that other cell does not have.I wont buy iphone ,by the way did you check out new nokia phones? :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    [B]I think the features list is way off. I don't think they'll have a removable battery.. or a message light. I think the 32GB chip is reasonable, the video capable along with true GPS. But again I don't think they'll add TOO much at once... not their style.
    its called planned obsolescence...economics ftw!! haha
    Last edited by jabij1; 02-03-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

why do ppl think the new iphone will look any thing like that
    its just some mock up some apple fanboy has knocked up in photoshop
    this is the only thing i dont like about the iphone
    all the fanboys that come with the thing

Thanks
    Okay. So here's my story. I work at a Starbucks in San Jose, CA. And I'm sure that most of you know, San Jose is neighbors with the home of Apple, Cupertino.

Anyhoo... as I was making a drink on the bar, I noticed someone sitting at the counter at the bar playing with a device that appeared very similar to the iPhone. So I asked what it was and found out that it is the up and coming, next generation iPod touch. And as you know, the iPod touch and iPhone go hand in hand. He claims to be testing it out for a buddy that works at Apple. It looked pretty sweet. A little thinner, with a flat metal backing, similar to the first generation iPhone. But definitely very sleek! Also, it will be available in June/July with a 32GB and a 64GB. They plan by 2010 to have the 128GB model. Now as to the difference between that and the iPhone I'm not sure. But I guess you can imagine. I'm guessing that things can change as far as looks, but who knows? But it looked nothing like that picture in this forum.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Front facing camera for video conference please? I think that's too much to ask when they can't even bring flash, let alone cut and paste which doesnt have anything to do with hardware. Damn apple And I know im gonna buy each version of the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That pic on page 1, sounds to good to be true I guess wait till June to see what really happens...

Green Apple
    Thanks

the design on the front page looks nice!

Thanks

In all honesty, I hope this model isn't subsidized, if Apple/AT&T can do that...

The iPhone lost much of it's mystique after the 3G came out because everyone has one now. Sounds selfish or whatever, but another $400 unsubsidized phone would allow us to get away without contracts again and would help the unlocking process along it's way. This is doubtful however because of the 3G's widespread success with contract, which was better for the consumer, Apple, and AT&T. Flame me if you will...

At least we'll always have jailbreaking... Hopefully.
    Respect your elders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm a bit astonished that noone makes a big deal of the realease in the UAE. As I live there - like millions of expats from all around the world, in case you didn't know - I am looking forward to legal means of getting a new iPhone, considering the black market prices are towering at more than 900 US$... And getting a data package with Etisalat right now, which is not tailored for the iPhone, is not only limiting the phone's many functions but is extremely pricey (and of course you get no customer service whatsoever.)

Here is the article, for those like me who actually care about the release here!

Etisalat ready iPhone package for UAE - The National Newspaper

Cheers from Dubai.

Thanks

Apple and at&t both know exactly what they are doing with the iPhone. First Apple, like it was said before Apple would be stupid to release a device that does everything you want it to do. If they did you wouldn't by the next gen when it came out. Remember the movie What about Bob?, they take baby steps with their products. Now for at&t, they will not sell the iPhone without a contract again. There has been too much success with the iPhone 3G to do that. Customers are locked in for 2 years and have to take a minimum of a $30 data package to have the iphone. That is only helping the revenues at&t in taking in on a monthly basis. To comment on tethering, at&t has to think that anyone who wants to tether with an iPhone would be willing to buy an aircard. That then adds a new customer and, once again increase revenue.

Lastly, there are two iPhones available, the iPhone and the iPhone 3G, that's it, end of story!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast