Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    A rumor for what It might look like:

Id totally buy that lol!

idk y it looks really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The iPhone has push already. Battery is not and has never been an issue. Also, that mockup looks ugly as hell. I'm pretty happy with the 3G and don't see a reason for a hardware change. The one thing I would change is the camera and even then I barely use it. Most of what I want/wish is software related.
    YES! I'm not alone! That device is the ugliest piece of iCrap I've ever seen. If the new iPhone looks anything like that, I won't be getting it. :/ That is, unless it had twice+ the battery life, at least 32GB, front facing camera for video chat, better rear camera, more RAM, MMS, and a standard APPLE IM app, and I doubt that'll happen.

if they really had an oled screen it would be outrageously expensive

Thanks

The original iPhone has 2g and 2.5g speeds. It can be called the 2g iPhone, just not the G2 iPhone.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Crap......guess I'll be standing in line again

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    The original iPhone has 2g and 2.5g speeds. It can be called the 2g iPhone, just not the G2 iPhone.
    yea i agree 2g refers the 1st generation speed. not its model
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by ghandioncesaid View Post
    Am I the only one that gets annoyed when people refer to the various models as 2G and 3G? 3G refers to connection speed not 3rd generation. The iPhones that came out before the iPhone 3G were the iPhone. There was no associated speed name with it. People are assuming that because some phones came out before 3G they should ultimately be called 2G being the previous generation but they were actually the FIRST generation. So PLEASE if you have a phone with a gray metal back refer to it as iPhone, 1st generation or iPhone EDGE. If you have a phone with a shiny plastic back refer to it as iPhone 3G or 2nd generation.
    Please make it a rule!!!

I have a original 4 gig 1st gen And I would not trade it for anything....

3G sure its fast, Sleak and sexy on the 2nd gen Hmmm maybe.. But I was first. I work for ATT retail sales and have had a jailbroken Phone all along. Its the best unit I have ever used and I have caried the 2nd gen as well.

the first gen was the best just my 2cents worth.

Ehh... I'll stick with my 3G.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorman1700 View Post
    why a square home button i mean what device has square buttons???
    The Zune! ROFLMAO
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Didn't mean push, meant background tasks which should have been released a long time ago, as promised, but haven't.

Battery life sucks on the iPhone, you can't dismiss that. It would become more of an issue with background tasks, which is presumably why we haven't seen this in 2.x as promised yet.

A newer model with an upgraded battery would be a good platform to launch 3.0, background tasks would be big enough of an advancement to move from 2.x to 3.x, and all in all would be a good enough reason for someone to upgrade.

Noone really knows right now and it's just my thoughts but it seems pretty realistic. Better than keeping your fingers crossed for some crazy front-camera-ichat-type-thing
    They never promised background tasks. In fact, they said that background tasks is the WRONG approach when dealing with a mobile phone and they chose to go with Push instead for all 3rd-party applications. That way you can get notifications, messages, and updates in real time for any app WITHOUT having it running in the background draining your battery. They've already demoed and presented their push platform in previous keynotes and they HAD mentioned a September '08 release, but that date has come and gone and since then they haven't mentioned push again. In my opinion this is a pretty awesome approach. Instead of having 10 applications running in the background draining your battery, you have 1 service (which wouldn't even count as an app) receiving notifications for all your applications. and since the iPhone already has this service running for e-mail, contacts, and calendar events thanks to Exchange, you really will see no change in your battery life.

The 3G in my opinion has no battery issues. With wifi off (SBSettings make turning wifi on/off so easy I never forget) and the brightness set to 20-30% (which is plenty imo, and also easy to change with SBSettings) I get 6-9 hours of usage in any given day by the time I hit the 10% warning, which is about as long as my days last so by the time I reach the red I'm back home so I can charge it. And I'm talking 6-9 of almost non-stop music, browsing 40% of the time, and playing games/watching a TV episode the rest, with 5-10 calls during the day.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 02-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Not saying I believe it WILL have an iChat camera... but I think if they pulled it off (with decent camera quality) a LOT of people will be getting rid of their previous models for the new one. By a lot I mean EVERYONE! (or at least just me)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

The model is gross, as I do work for Apple I have to say that it's disgusting . The form of the iphone should be solid (not bricked) and keep it's gloss shine to it.

For those who get, make a very wise thought before doing so...
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The Zune! ROFLMAO
    +1

I'm raising the BS flag on all this garbage.

id keep my iphone 2g 1st gen until they actually get something added in there worth upgrading my money phone. When I buy a phone, I look into what I get out of EXTRA from switching my phone to a latest version, i dont get it just because it looks nicer, and its newer. So since the 3g came out, all that was differnet from the 1st was, a 3g internet service, its fatter, easier to break, looks nicer, and gps, i dont think these 5 features are worth upgrading it for.

Thanks

I highly doubt they will go to an OLED screen, as they went with a lower quality screen on the 3G (arguable, but most likely anyway). Status light? Doubtful. Removable battery? Highly Doubtful.

I'll stick with my 3G unlocked and wait for the prices of the new one to come down, so basically a year from now I might be in the market for one.

And lets not forget how long it took to get a working unlock solution for the 3G.....6+ months. I wonder how long it will take to unlock the new one? A year?
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

you gotta love the whole "what will apple do next" discussions....i don't think that mock up is anywhere close...but how about throwing a new idea out there.....other than appletv, the iphone is the only product apple makes one model for. now i think the iphone nano thing should be put to rest, apple isn't going cheaper than a 199 price point....but how about the iphone pro....the iphone that really makes a charge at the business user. the 3g, regardless of its shortcomings, has the consumer market more than satisfied. Apple seems to just be testing the business market with exchange support. at the same time, rim is vulnerable as the business leader since they've been wasting their time chasing the consumer market and spending boatloads of cash on advertising, and also apple is finally getting headlines here and there about companies integrating macs into their offices....why not put a phone out that helps that enterprise growth continue? Offer it at a higher price point with 16 and 32gig models, throw on an aluminum case from "the brick" and include all the little upgrades the business users clamor for(plus the ichat cam) and you've got a guaranteed hit....not to mention all the non-business iphone fanatics that have "reconciled they'll be buying every new installment of the iphone"

Thanks

Apple won't be getting my hard earned cash on another iPhone if they can't at least provide background push, tethering, video recording, copy/paste, multiple attachments for Mail, video call camera, 3 to 5 MP camera with flash, voice command, turn by turn GPS navigation and A2DP. It's been over a year since the first iPhone was released and Apple still is unable to provide features that outside developers have created many months ago but Apple refuses access to their customers. So the only resort is for these same developers to host their apps in Cydia and ask the iPhone community to jailbreak their expensive hardware to get access to these wonderful apps, most of which are provided at no charge.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope it looks something like the picture posted. At this point I hate my iPhone because I love switching phones every few months and the iPhone is better than any other phone out right now IMO. I still can't believe the other manufacturers haven't caught up, not even close. Either way sign me up for a new one this summer.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast