+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe blah blah Flash blah blah something with Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i've reached to a point where i simply dont give a **** if they'll release it or not. i dont care whether there is flash or not. i wont be
    My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

i've reached to a point where i simply dont give a **** if they'll release it or not. i dont care whether there is flash or not. i wont be using it just to boycott adobe and apple at the same time. stupid mofos.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Thanks

They Need to come out with a iflash that would be badd ***!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoever said AT&T would be delivering WiMAX soon and that's why the new iPhone will be WiMAX needs to read more.

AT&T and Verizon have both states that they'll be choosing LTE (GSM 4G) for their 4G networks. Sprint is going for WiMAX with Clearwire.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm tired of hearing about it, i just want to see it. Just as bad as anyone else. These dumb lil announcements just makes Adobe look stupid. Remember when Adobe tried to get all "We dont care what apple says, we're going to come out with it?"

Flash is a major part of the web, so you would expect it for a web enabled phone. It more than likely is 100% possible to put on the iphone, but it may be a matter of adobe and apple agreeing on which each company is willing to give up or give. Think about the things that the iphone CAN do. Rewriting some parts of the firmware and safari for a major firmware release shouldnt be THAT hard. They have lite versions of flash on windows CE devices. And you dont see a bunch of us running around with Dashes and TMobile wings do you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PStuLovesCrackk View Post
    So i really don't know how far away they are from developing flash but what if (what if) apple is holding on f/w 2.3 to include flash? think about it, they released 2.2.1 with crap fixes and it makes sense that 2.3 will include a better updates and fixes? and again this is just a thought...
    not gonna happen. maybe 3.0. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    [insert anything here]
    can you please fix your signature? please?
    it's you're. not your. in huge red letters its like running through the street screaming "i'm a moron"

Quote Originally Posted by pouncer11 View Post
    "Some great technical challenge?" WTF is that? We are putting flash on a cellphone, not sending someone to Mars. No copy/paste, no MMS, no flash, no video recording. Get used to it folks.
    *cries* MMS est muy importante compared to flash, agreed. i would like to see any one of these items fixed in a fw update prior to flash. either that or make viewmymessage.com actually WORK. perhaps from the phone? perhaps without memorizing the first 32 digits of pi to access it?
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 02-04-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^ Thats not condescending at all. I appreciate the tip but shall choose a different course of action instead...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    Whoever said AT&T would be delivering WiMAX soon and that's why the new iPhone will be WiMAX needs to read more.

AT&T and Verizon have both states that they'll be choosing LTE (GSM 4G) for their 4G networks. Sprint is going for WiMAX with Clearwire.
    Anyone who thinks any form of 4G will be widely available in the next couple of years is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Most of us are still having to run on 3.6Mb HSDPA and not got HSUPA yet. Let's get existing technologies up to speed first.

4G is concept only - it will be years before we see it rolled out.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Anyone who thinks any form of 4G will be widely available in the next couple of years is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Most of us are still having to run on 3.6Mb HSDPA and not got HSUPA yet. Let's get existing technologies up to speed first.

4G is concept only - it will be years before we see it rolled out.
    Nice how South Korea, Italy, Taiwan, Brazil and Japan are using this already. The technology first went commercial in South Korea in 2006 under the name WiBro. Available in 407 locations in 133 countries. US is so behind.
    source: Sprint's 4G Xohm WiMax: How fast is it? - Network World
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by senas8 View Post
    Nice how South Korea, Italy, Taiwan, Brazil and Japan are using this already. The technology first went commercial in South Korea in 2006 under the name WiBro. Available in 407 locations in 133 countries. US is so behind.
    source: Sprint's 4G Xohm WiMax: How fast is it? - Network World
    Ah! WiMax - the nextgen CDMA.
    Expect to see download speeds between 3Mbit/sec. and 5Mbit/sec.
    -hardley a lot more than is possible with HSDPA now (admitidly I am only getting about 1.3 Mits/sec at the moment.

WiMax is in very early stages and, personally, I doubt will form the basis of any widly accepted 4G standard which, I expect to be much faster.

But, even if you accept WiMax as 4G - it is being tried by Sprint who use CDMA rather than AT&T who use standards that the vast majority of the rest of the world use (hence Apple have them as their partners so they can sell in other markets without having to change the hardware)so IMHO I do not believe we will see 4G any time soon on an iPhone or outside of a few minor markets (Japan and Korea had DoCoMo years ahead of anyone else's 3G and are rather strange markets - but where they go others rarely folow!)

I could be wrong but.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak? ryanofdiamonds's Avatar
    Thanks

im really sick of this news.
    dont post about it anymore unless its actually happening

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanofdiamonds View Post
    im really sick of this news.
    dont post about it anymore unless its actually happening
    Sorry but that won't happen ;-) The news is huge and is also coming into our call centers that agents are receiving so it's gonna be a topic until it happens.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AppleIT View Post
    Sorry but that won't happen ;-) The news is huge and is also coming into our call centers that agents are receiving so it's gonna be a topic until it happens.
    I'm sorry -ryanofdiamonds has spoken, we must all stop posting....

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12