Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock Is Here!

Okay, so I unlocked my girlfriend's iPhone on Saturday but am unable to sync it to her computer on iTunes. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, do you know the solution?

I found that it wasn't synced first to that computer but now it is all good.
    Last edited by b4lyph; 09-18-2007 at 01:43 AM. Reason: I got it to work.

Default BSD Subsystems Will Not Download
    Can someone please help, the BSD subsystems is trying to download, but will not do it. The wheels are turning but nothing. Thanks ahead of time.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

It takes a good 5 minutes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

edit: NM... i found my answer in the FAQ... should've looked first
    Last edited by 85 Til Infinity; 09-18-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: FAQ

Any successes on the Rogers or Fido networks in Canada???
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    www.iphonecanada.net

An iPhone Resource For Canadians Who Can't Wait For the iPhone!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does anyone know if you can get on the edge network with a tmobile prepaid sim card? If so what are the settings for that?

Hi. I was wondering... If I used iNdependence to get the SSH functionality (the third tab in the program), could I then proceed to Step 4 in this guide? Or must I use Installer.app (Comm Srcs + BSD + OpenSSH) as in Step 3 in order to proceed to Step 4? The guide says not installing BSD in Step 3 Pt 2 and proceeding to Lockdownd will render the iPhone nonfunctional, and I would like to avoid that obviously. But are they different means to the same end? Or is there a qualitative difference between Installer.app allowing SSH of the iPhone and iNdependence performing this task? Thanks.

O.K. just did a test and found out that once you have unlocked your iPhone and do a restore all you have to do is reactivate and make sure that you put the lockdown file in usr/libexec. If this has been posted before sorry. Just was excited that I didn't have to wait another 20 to 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by d_9664 View Post
    Can someone please help, the BSD subsystems is trying to download, but will not do it. The wheels are turning but nothing. Thanks ahead of time.
    I had a similar issue. I think the culprit is your router. I was able to go online on Safari, update weather, etc on my iPhone so I thought everything was kosher but I waited for hours for BSD Subsystems package to download. I told myself to be patient, maybe things were just going slowly. Very slowly. Eventually, I went to another place that had a different ISP and router and what would you know it downloaded within 5 min as has been mentioned. It's a bummer, but do you have access to use a different wireless network/router? I'd say try that, I was able to get Step 3 to work that way.

YAY I got my phone last week and i everything worked great

I had successfully unlocked an iPhone (never activated with AT&T) in Hong Kong currently using SIM cards from Smartone-Vodafone and 3 carriers.

Everything seem to work: EDGE, WiFi, YouTube

Yesterday, my friend found that the Bluetooth on the phone does not seem to work.

After turning on Bluetooth, the iPhone would display "Searching for device", but will never find one. Even though there is a Bluetooth enabled Nokia E61i less than a foot away.

Do anyone else have this issue? Is this one of the known flaw of unlocking the iPhone? I had tried searching for an answer from this site but so far had not found an answer.

I am about to unlock 2 other iPhone for friends and I want to make sure have know the answer above before I start.

Thank you in advance.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

The iPhone doesn't do file transfer via Bluetooth, just headsets. It will only find Bluetooth headsets.

Sorry just a sub. I forgot to activate the Subscription for this discussion thread in my previous post. So this so that I can subscribe to this discussion thread.

can someone confirm that unlocked iphone using this method will work fine on tmobile usa and or additional mods are not needed for you tube, safari
    other than the voicemail button mod ?
    thanks
    i just unloked my 4gig i phone and there is no one with tmobile here so i cant test it with tmobile sim (before i ship it to a friend who is with tmobile)
    i did test with a cingular sim it all worked fine than again cingular is att so ...?

also if i purchase a new iphone and have older iphone att sim card will i need to do moding or do i just put in the old att sim into the new iphone without activating a second line or anything like that????
    Last edited by radigroove; 09-20-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yes. I am using this on T-Mo USA. No issues.

if i unlock and use it under tmobile will everything work 100% like youtube, email, safari..etc etc etc thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a17n5ni17e View Post
    if i unlock and use it under tmobile will everything work 100% like youtube, email, safari..etc etc etc thanks
    ur answer is above

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yes. I am using this on T-Mo USA. No issues.
    thank u for all the info......
    and 1 more q

will a brand new out of the box iphone work fine with a already activated
    ATT IPhone sim card as if u have 2 iphones and 1 sim card?
    Last edited by radigroove; 09-20-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

No. You will still need to activate it using iNdependence.

alright i am going to unlock two phones for someone.

just before i go ahead and buy them and start i tried to SSH into my own iphone that is already unlocked.

tried with putty and winscp
    tried both VPN IP and WIFI IP

when i run putty and put in the IP address it says connection timed out.

is it because i am runnin wifi off a VPN on the iphone?

nevermind figured it out.. my laptop was connected hardwire to my work network and my iphone was using the wifi network which is different ; >
    Last edited by johentie; 09-21-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Step 1
    When the new firmware update is released, can we just keep the firmware version we DLed for 1.0.2 (in Step 1) and trash the new one when it downloads and just replace it in its folder on iTunes with the older version just in case something happens down the line where a new unlock isn't found for a while and we need to restore before then?

Sorry, I didn't have my iPhone for the two previous updates, so I don't know how that all works. I just don't want to be up the creek when the new firmware is put out.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast