Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock Is Here!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

lockdownd is here, and needs to replace the one in /usr/libexec in order for you to be able to use multiple sims.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    lockdownd is here, and needs to replace the one in /usr/libexec in order for you to be able to use multiple sims.
    So after I upload this I should be fine or do I need to redo the unlock app or anything? Restart the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ae_wu View Post
    So after I upload this I should be fine or do I need to redo the unlock app or anything? Restart the phone?
    Thanks that worked perfectly for me. You should tell the

http://www.freeiphoneunlock.com/
    http://iphone.unlock.no/

That they should update their websites to stating that as well because that is what I was missing this whole time.

Can anyone tell me how to get on edge with a prepaid t-mobile sim card because I want to see if this will work for me. Everything else works for the except the edge network.
    Last edited by ae_wu; 09-14-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000" ERROR - It worked for me!
    Hi All,

I see many people facing this error while unlocking the iphone. I was able to unlock my iphone after getting this error. The following is what happened:

AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000"
    ERROR

I tried coming out of minicom and re-run the bbupdater -v command and then restarting the minicom. It gave the same ERROR message. I then continoued with the next step and I got following results:

AT+CLCK="PN",2 (press enter)
    +CLCK: 0

OK

I went on with the last step of Launchctl load process.

I tried with the AT&T sim I phone worked. Then I placed a T-Mobile sim and it was working. It was UNLOCKED.....

Hope this helps few people.

Only difference I can c is my Visual Voicemail is not working with AT&T also. There were some solutions in this thread, I will try them next and say if it works........

to

Hey, I just switched back to T-mobile!! Goodbye AT&T!! The only thing is that I thought You Tube and Visual Voicemail wasn't suppose to work. My Visual Voicemal is out but You Tube is still up and running like before!! Also, does anyone know what the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) is for T-mobile USA??? I can receive my mail but not send.

I think someone has already said this. It looks like window users are having the most problems.

Quote Originally Posted by b4lyph View Post
    Hey, I just switched back to T-mobile!! Goodbye AT&T!! The only thing is that I thought You Tube and Visual Voicemail wasn't suppose to work. My Visual Voicemal is out but You Tube is still up and running like before!! Also, does anyone know what the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) is for T-mobile USA??? I can receive my mail but not send.
    YouTube works on unlocked iphones with T-Mobile?!?! Since when? Did you do the mod? or did it just work right after you unlocked it? do you have the wifi total data plan thing for internet added on your account??'
    Thanks for the help
    i LOVE apple.

I just got the internet-only plan for blackberry that costs $19.99/mo. Also, I didn't do the mod that is said to be required to get You Tube working. I just tried it and it went. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    I think someone has already said this. It looks like window users are having the most problems.
    What was said already? I looked in this thread and no news of You Tube already working with T-Mobile once unlocked and no outgoing mail server. If you know where some information is, could you point me in the right direction please?? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by b4lyph; 09-14-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry - That people who are using windows is having more problems then the ones using mac.

no worries. I was hoping you had an answer to my problem.

Thanks

Hey guys! I'm just interested if someone had unlocked a new iPhone that is $399. Because a lot of people think that apple is lowering prizes because a new line of iPhones have some new super-locking system.

Im have a problem unlocking the new iphone for mult sims. Done diffrent way and they all seem to work till i put the sim in and I get no service. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

That's the thing I'm talking about. But maybe it's just your problem.... Positive thinking! You will unlock it!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I have updated the first post, but the Unlock F.A.Q. is now live, and will answer many of your questions!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

some users are saying that some networks based on the nom2 (gprs based servers) will not be able to recieve calls (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6327) .. is this an issue with the unlock or with the phone it self? because i believe their not using the free unlock .. can anyone confirm this

also any idea if this is real or not? and if so will the guide be updated .. seeing as how it cuts now the unlocking process to 3-5 minutes

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/15/i...-now-availabl/
    Last edited by s3ood; 09-15-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Default What is BSD tools
    In part 4, step 1 it mentions that BSD tools must be installed. What are BSD Tools, I don't think I've seen or heard of this program before, wher can I get it.

I'm using most features on my iPhone and I know wnat to unlock the phone feature, your tutorial is awesome and I'm sure I can succeed but I want to make sure I have all the pieces before I start.

I unlocked my $299 4 gig iphone on Tuesday and it is working on T-Mobile. Youtube works perfectly on EDGE and Wifi. No mods required. No "super-locking mechanism"

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpat458 View Post
    In part 4, step 1 it mentions that BSD tools must be installed. What are BSD Tools, I don't think I've seen or heard of this program before, wher can I get it.

I'm using most features on my iPhone and I know wnat to unlock the phone feature, your tutorial is awesome and I'm sure I can succeed but I want to make sure I have all the pieces before I start.
    bsd tools is available through installer.app that you can see after you install community sources. it contains a variety of unix binary tools that many other apps/mods use.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Default Can the new unlock procedure be completed on a Pc?
    Does the latest "IPhone Unlock OS X" work on a PC or is this assuming that the user is completing this procedure on a Mac (which I know nothing about)

BC in Austin

I'm sure you can you can do it with pc the same way as the mac. Only that will make it different is the way you activate th iPhone and using winscp instead of cyberduck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow...I'm now the owner of an IPhone being used on the T-Mobile network. Once I got the firmware downloaded and restored to my IPhone, it worked -- all thanks to the Hackint0sh devs and ModMyIPhone website!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast