Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock Is Here!

Don't use the 1.2.1a. I had allot problems with it. If you can get the 1.1.1 I think that is the version before the 1.2.1a. When I used that version everything went smooth no hassle or trouble.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I used 1.2.1.a with no issues. I will be updating the guide with it tomorrow.

As far as not being able to connect to WiFi, thats weird. Are you typing the password correctly? Or are they completely open and able to be connected to via a laptop or desktop? They are showing up, right? Just not being accessed?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Is no one getting the invalid sim reactivate in itunes error? I've done everything in the guides and I can't seem to get past this. Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to get this tmobile sim card to work in my iphone?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

You need to follow the guide. Which method are you using to activate? And are you leaving iTunes quit and the iTunesHelper quit as well?

I have used both methods to activate and yeah I don't have either of them working.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Not sure then. Something is obviously wrong.

can anyone help me please iam stuck @ step 3 using windows everytime i type the
    cd /usr/bin/
    chmod +x bbupdater
    chmod +x iUnlock
    chmod +x minicom
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor

it startrs couting to reach 100% takes like 15 mins almost and then i do the bbupdater v thingey and it shows me xgendata and when i type minicom it says configuration not found please help

this is the error iam getting , i hope its alittle more help iam gonna be here looking for help all nite thank you

# bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done
    # minicom
    minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
    minicom: cannot open /dev/modem: No such file or directory

can anyone help me please iam stuck @ step 3 using windows everytime i type the
    cd /usr/bin/
    chmod +x bbupdater
    chmod +x iUnlock
    chmod +x minicom
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    iUnlock ICE03.14.08_G.fls nor

it startrs couting to reach 100% takes like 15 mins almost and then i do the bbupdater v thingey and it shows me xgendata and when i type minicom it says configuration not found please help

this is the error iam getting , i hope its alittle more help iam gonna be here looking for help all nite thank you
    Last edited by slimis2k; 09-14-2007 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You don't have minirc.dfl uploaded to the /usr/local/etc directory.
    [r a y n e]

Can somone help me please I seem to be having the same problem as some other people. I have done the unlock and it says it was succesfully completed and when I put in the tmobile sim card it states:

Incorrect Sim:
    Reactivate in itunes

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Did you do the lockdown activation?

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Did you do the lockdown activation?
    My phone was already activated.

can somebody please .. just for clarification and to avoid unwanted mistakes .. just post the correct version of the 3 programs you are using (apptapper, independence and itunes) to get a successful unlock. I am not sure there are newer or older versions of lockdownd, unlock.app (released to the public anyway) but correct me if iam wrong .. this would be great help .. thanks

Does anyone know how to solve this problem because I'm not seeming to get any help. I have done the unlock both manually and through the app both claim to have worked.

My phone was activated already and I have jailbreak'd, ssh, and everything necessary but when I insert the tmobile sim it says

Incorrect sim reactivate in itunes

And when you go to settings it has a carrier button and it will shows both tmobile and at&t but they are greyed out and you can select anything and my signal bar is staying low.

How do I go about fixing this problem please someone help me free my phone.

Thumbs up Unlocked...
    WOW, thanks guys.. its unlocked using the Mac only problem does work with Three sim any ideas?

Works... Good with T-Mobile, O2 and Orange (Edge works to). So why not Three?

Good work...

Quote Originally Posted by ae_wu View Post
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem because I'm not seeming to get any help. I have done the unlock both manually and through the app both claim to have worked.

My phone was activated already and I have jailbreak'd, ssh, and everything necessary but when I insert the tmobile sim it says

Incorrect sim reactivate in itunes

And when you go to settings it has a carrier button and it will shows both tmobile and at&t but they are greyed out and you can select anything and my signal bar is staying low.

How do I go about fixing this problem please someone help me free my phone.
    Anybody having a problem with the incorrect sim reactivate in itunes problem go to this link and open the program with the tmobile sim in the phone and hit the reactivate button you should be fine after that.

http://soundsgood.cocolog-nifty.com/...wiNstaller.zip

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I have updated the guide to include instructions for the new iNdependence.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I have updated the guide to include instructions for the new iNdependence.
    Do you have to reactivate everytime you swap the sim cards once your phone is unlocked?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

No, assuming you put the lockdownd file in like I instructed in the tutorial.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i was never able to get that phone activated im calling it "THE UNLOCKABLE IPHONE" he just went to take it back and ask for a return and going to take the 30 dollar hit and go buy another one at another store.....that phone wouldnt unlock. It wasnt the incorrect sim error with itunes it would just say incorrect sim insert a valid and approved sim. and wouldnt work and when we would try it manually AT+CLCK= command it would also error out and never give us the return result of 0 it would always post 1 so it wouldnt unlock in any way so i dont know what that phone had that my phone didnt. I unlocked mine in 25 minutes with no problems using the GUI but his I spent 3 days working on it to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    No, assuming you put the lockdownd file in like I instructed in the tutorial.
    I'm using windows and it didn't show the lockdown step in there. So what do I need to do because I have a lockdown on my phone. But if you can tell me what to do and is this supposed to set it so anytime I insert the tmobile sim card it will just work without me having to reactivate it?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast