Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock Is Here!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I finally got the unlock to work! Twice! I installed an app and needed to restart. After I did, I started getting the "incorrect sim" error. At first I re-ran the unlock but all my icons disappeared, except for the ones on the springboard! Scary.

I powered down, removed the sim. restarted and re-ran the unlock app (from with in a launcher called XLaunch) and the phone unlocked. I put my sim back in and the top left read as "TMobile"... then my boyfriend and my boss called simultaneously. lol So it works!

A word to windows users: I couldn't get the unlock.app to work to save my life. Then I came across a guide here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6027

I used Unlock.pxl and used iBrickr to install PXL and it worked like a charm, no drama. I'm on windows XP.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

For those of you wishing your voicemail worked, check here.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

I still cannot get that iphone unlocked with Unlock.pxl and used iBrickr to install PXL but everything goes through the process and everything and i still can't get it to work...i put the tmobile sim in it and it says invalid sim message i have tried everything i just cant get THIS phone to freaking unlock is there anything else i can do....

Default the same problem with at+clck
    Hi,

I received 2 iphones this morning, one of them unlocked easily usign the "manual" method, minicom, bbupdater etc.. but with the second one always get error when i send the at+clck="pn",0,"0000000", i tried with unlock.app, 20 minutes, restart and don't work, and tried also with unlock.xpl the same result.

some idea to restore to "real" default, i restore used itunes, but don't work

thanks
    joaquinsfy@ gmail.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

WOW good thing i dont feel like the only one here that is having that problem i was able to unlock mine but i can't do my friends and he just got his a couple of days ago im thinking of having him return it and get another one but i can't seem to find a good excuse on exchanging it :-\

i haven't bought an iphone yet. but if i buy one and install this onto it, if i put an AT&T sim in that doesn't have a dataplan, will the wifi browsing still work? does anyone know how exactly this works without a data plan?

wifi is independent of your carrier's data plan. it is not metered or measured in anyway by your carrier.
    Last edited by amnesia; 09-13-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammar 101

Everytime i replace the lockdownd file on my phone, it acts soooooooooooooooo slow, and I am unable to do anything. I have to basically restore the phone, and now my SIM is not recognized. So i am going to have to do this all again, for a third time. Does anyone else ahve any experience with the lockdownd issue? maybe it is a permissions issue? By the way I was unable to use wifi to install things, I had to us iPHUC and putfile to put both the Unlock app and the lockdownd files this way. Any help is appreciated!!

Default Same Problem
    I've unlocked 3 iPhones now, the first 2 went perfect no errors no nothing.

But when I got to the third iPhone I got an error near the end when you do minicom.

AT+CLCK="PN",0,"00000000"
    ERROR
    AT+CLCK="PN",2
    +CLCK: 1

OK

Frustrated and pissed off I went ahead and closed out of it [ Ctrl + a -> q ]

I went ahead enabled the baseband
    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    And oddly enough it was unlocked and it worked for t-mobile. The only flaw that I could find with the phone was that it didn't show the carriers name on the home screen that was about it, everything else worked. The first 2 iPhones were 4 GB and the third one was a 8 GB maybe the 8 GB is harder? Haha, anyways hoped I helped.

I did that Unlock.pxl thingie with both no-sim and the at&t sim, when it was completed and i put my sim back in the phone i get invalid sim at the top left and sim failure as a screen. Anybody knows why?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gramirez View Post
    WOW good thing i dont feel like the only one here that is having that problem i was able to unlock mine but i can't do my friends and he just got his a couple of days ago im thinking of having him return it and get another one but i can't seem to find a good excuse on exchanging it :-\
    Hmm. I've bought dozens, all in the past few days, and unlocked. No issues. You in OS X or Windows? Seems more Win guys are having issues...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im using it in windows but in mac i also get the same problems

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    You dont need termcap for this new method. Tmobile EDGE works fine, I have tested it with no issues. Make sure you have the Unlimited Data plan at $19.99. This is NOT the blacberry or sidekick plan, neither of those will work.

You will also need to set up your EDGE settings in the iPhone
    So if you unlock the iphone before you add the unlimited data plan to ur account, will normal calls/texts still work? Because the data plan is just for wifi if im not mistaken...

Or do i need the data plan to make any calls whatsoever?? thanks

Can someone help me please because I did the unlock successfully and I put a friends tmobile sim card in my phone and it says reactivate in itunes with a skip button. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

No, the data plan has nothing to do with WiFi. WiFi is built into the device, not the plan. You can always access that. You can make calls and send/receive texts without having any sort of data plan.

Hey poetic_folly I was in another post and they said that once the iPhone was unlocked it was unlocked for good even if you did a restore. How ever I did a restore to see if this was true and now I have to reactivate when I put in another sim besides the ATT and yes I did jailbreak before switching the sims.
    Last edited by XFaega; 09-13-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Ok, my phone is unlocked and up and running with tmobile. I have the regualr data plan but do not what to do for the Edge settins on the iphone.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Hey poetic_folly I was in another post and they said that once the iPhone was unlocked it was unlocked for good even if you did a restore. How ever I did a restore to see if this was true and now I have to reactivate when I put in another sim besides the ATT and yes I did jailbreak before switching the sims.
    Re-activate sure, but did you have to reunlock as well?

Heres some info. I'm not sure how much this will help but it should be a start on you quist. http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5173

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Re-activate sure, but did you have to reunlock as well?
    Yes. I read on the other post on here that after restore you had to jailbreak and it would allow you to be still unlocked. I did reactivate because my friend activated the phone with ATT I know what he hick. But anyway when I put in the other sim it told me that I had to reconnect to iTunes and reactivate. So I guess you have to unlock every time you restore.
    Last edited by XFaega; 09-13-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All, I am using a Mac and following the instructions IPhone unlock OS X on a brand new (non-AT&T activated) iPhone.

I am getting stuck at Step 2 of Part 3. For the like of me I cannot get my iPhone at this stage to connect to any open WiFi network.

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW: does the new version of iNdependence (1.2.1a) have a different button combination for the Activate pane than the screen shot in the guide?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast