+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious That sounds difficult!I just right click on the phone's name in iTunes and select restore from backup. Ya LOL But I just wanted to post some
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That sounds difficult!I just right click on the phone's name in iTunes and select restore from backup.
    Ya LOL But I just wanted to post some more details so if any other problems or questions he might be able to read up.

I dont ever use backups, waste of time. Set up iPhone with new FW and start from scratch!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks I wish I knew this a year ago you don't know howmany times I had to add phone # to my phone because my outlook didn't store them all. Now here is a question. How do I get my iPhone contacts to merg to my outlook on my pc with Vista

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    Ya LOL But I just wanted to post some more details so if any other problems or questions he might be able to read up.

I dont ever use backups, waste of time. Set up iPhone with new FW and start from scratch!
    I hear you but for some reason my outlook contacts are different than my iphone back ups. so when I do that I always lose my most recent phone #'s. Again is there a way to merge iphone contacts with outlook.
    Last edited by pospower; 03-24-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Don't you synch your outlook to iPhone?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

got an iphone3G dont want to unlock just add cydia and the installer.
    FW 2.21
    Windows "Vista" I know I know i apologise.
    everytime i try to run Quickpwn it stops working "Everytime" at the screen after selecting cydia, installer and selecting change boot screen....

Im stumped

Help.

Thanks

What happens? Does it hang on the bootlogo and reboot every 2 minutes?
    You are using quickpwn 2.2-5?
    Why do you want installer? All apps that work are in cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everything went fine, but it has been on the apple screen for 10 minutes now.

Thanks

Try moving System/Library/SystemConfiguration/mobilewatchdog.bundle to another location and waiting, then when it reboots be sure to move it back!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try moving System/Library/SystemConfiguration/mobilewatchdog.bundle to another location and waiting, then when it reboots be sure to move it back!
    Hey - I'm suffering from the same issue - I think.. I'll describe my process thus far - and my OS details at the end.

1. backup firmware installed (2.2.1) on itunes
    2. Run quickpwn 2.2.5-2
    3. follow instructions - selecting the firmware that my iphone is using - this was AUTO selected.
    4. did the home/power/home thing as shown on screen

it's now just showing me the apple logo, and occasionally flickers. Nothing happens, waited about 15 minutes - tried a reset - home/power. Nothing.

Occasionally "Autoplay" on my pc pops up for the iPhone.

Iphone 2G.
    Windows Vista

I tried to follow your advice given - but couldn't locate the file..

Any other ideas/advice?

Thanks.

Thanks

Why couldn't you find the file? Can you find the folder?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why couldn't you find the file? Can you find the folder?
    Hey dude

Thanks for the fast response - appreciated.

No - can't find either - did a quick search for the folder - well I typed "system" (without "") into the search bar in the "C" folder. Nothing that matched the string you gave. Then did a quick search for "mobilewatchdog" (without "") - still nothing - that time it said "no results found".

Cheers.

as an update - after approx 45 minutes or so - it finally rebooted - with the cydia and installer apps installed...

Will update if any further issues - thanks for the help anyway
    Last edited by MiLLo87; 05-14-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The reason you couldn't find it was because you were looking on your PC not on your phone....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason you couldn't find it was because you were looking on your PC not on your phone....
    Aah.. Right got ya - nah, it was doing a full reboot (the iphone) loop - where it appeared to be stuck on the boot/post screen (showing the apple logo).

Looks to be working good now - thanks. Just getting to grips with SSH and hopefully replacing itunes with it - transferring music to iphone via ssh not itunes.

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789