+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It doesn't help that you haven't told us your OS let alone which version of quickpwn or what error message you are getting.
    Thanks

It doesn't help that you haven't told us your OS let alone which version of quickpwn or what error message you are getting.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i update in itunes version 2.2.1,can i downgrade 2.2.0and unlock iphone 3G ?

i upgrade iphone in iTunes version 2.2.1, So can i downgrade version 2.2.0 and unlock my iphone 3g ? or restore 2.2.0 in itunes and unlock my iphone ? let me know asap.
    Last edited by daysinn; 03-01-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Nob u can't down grade or unlock but u can jailbreak by using quickpwn or pwn tool.

Thanks

Just to clarify - for 3G iPhone users (the situation is different for 2G), all FW versions up to and including 2.21 can by jailbroken.

To software unlock you need YellowSn0w which ONLY works with BaseBand 2.28.00 which comes with FW 2.20

If you upgrade to FW 2.21 through iTunes it upgrades your BB to 2.30.03 which can not be unlocked (there has been no confirmation that the Dev team are even working on it so you can assume there are no plans to release it in the near future).

While the FW can be downgraded there is little point as the BB can not be downgraded.

If you have BB 2.30.03 the only way you can unlock is either a) have a factory unlocked phone or b) use a pggyback type SIM which specifically says it works with 2.21 - these work with varying degrees of success depending on the operator and often have problems with data.

Good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by padspcb View Post
    It doesn't say what BB it uses....
    Last edited by confucious; 03-02-2009 at 07:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 1st Gen iPhone
    I have one of the first unlocked iPhones and besides upgrading to 1.1.4, I haven't updated my 1st Gen iPhone in fear that I'd mess something up...Is this upgrade ok for my phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klassyke View Post
    I have one of the first unlocked iPhones and besides upgrading to 1.1.4, I haven't updated my 1st Gen iPhone in fear that I'd mess something up...Is this upgrade ok for my phone?
    Not sure if you will have to go via 2.0 first but you can use 2.21 and unlock without a problem. Lots of apps that work with FW1.xx won't work with 2.xx but there is far more for 2.xx

If you have anything you rally need it's best to check that there is a 2.xx equivalent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Uhhh, what is the bootloader for? (to look foolish for 5 mins)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

Works great Haven't had a problem yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard5011 View Post
    Uhhh, what is the bootloader for? (to look foolish for 5 mins)
    The Bootloader loads the FW and there was a hack for 2G iPhones that exploited a loophole in it to enable you to downgrade your BB.
    This loophole was fixed in 4.6 but you could still fool it to use 3.9 to downgrade the BB on 2G iPhones.
    The bootloader exploits have been completely fixed and are not available on the 3G iPhone and so downgrading the BB on a 3G iPhone is not possible.
    Or, at least, that's how I understand it - I've only recently got an iPhone so don't fully understand things and have a lot to learn!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know this application is also successed......

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    dang is there a tutorial with pics. my sis lives in cali and i in philly. she wants to jailbreak her phone. im afraid i would give my self a headache if i gave her these directions. haaa

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^There's plenty, just google.

Check iclarified.com they have very good guides.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

fonz06 (03-10-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    good site

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK quick question I just upgraded to 2.2.1 using custom film on windows vista Now can I restore from back up or do I have to set up as a new phone to use quickpawn

Thanks

It ;s always advisable to set up as a new phone then pwn then restore from backup - assuming you came from FW 2+

Green Apple
    Thanks

HOw do you restore from back up after the phone is setup

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    HOw do you restore from back up after the phone is setup
    Right click on the phone's name in iTunes and select restore from backup.
    or
    When iTunes loads, you should have the options to load backup or create a new backup. U can also go to edit, preferences, devices and manage ur backups, etc.

(Remember you will loose all ur Cydia apps/downloads http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...new-phone.html)

Personally I would do this....
    It is generally safer to set up the phone as new, old data may be incompatible with newer firmwares. I would do the whole pwning process again, and then set up the phone as new. I never had any problems with pwnage using this procedure
    No. Backup does not carry over any software flaws, it's data backup only. By default, the system (iPhone + iTunes) will do backup -> update -> restore backup. There's no need to be paranoid and over-worried.

It doesn't carry over software flaws, but does carry over preference and plist flaws. That is why if you are having a problem, and restoring, then using the backup to fix it, restore again then setup as a new phone.
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 03-24-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks

That sounds difficult!I just right click on the phone's name in iTunes and select restore from backup.