Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows

Question a problemo
    hello and thanks for all this effort,
    i had 3g unlocked first i bought it,i updated to 2.2 via i tunes and no unlock,then i downloaded the 2.2.1 firmware from the first post here,and tried to unlock it using quickpwn . now the firmware works but its not unlocked,(no carrier name,antenna,etc)
    what can i do? there's no difference for me now whether i have 2.2 or 2.2.1 ..just help me make it work!!
    Thanx

You updated to 2.21? From iTunes? Check your modem version -if it's 2.30.03 you are stuffed.
    Only 2.28 (which is what you had with 2.2 can be unlocked. 2.21 can only be unlocked if you used a custom ipsw to preserve your BB at 2.28
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i have a quick question.. I have a friend that has a 3g with ATT service and wants me to jailbreak her phone. Since its a ATT phone, do i only just download the 2.2.1 firmware and jailbreak? Again, not needing to unlock, just jailbreak..Thanks..Ive jailbroken tons of 1g phones but never a 3g, dont wana break her phone

Yup no problems just jailbraking under either Windows or MAC
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

BoostedEvoIX (02-11-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Yup no problems just jailbraking under either Windows or MAC
    thanks

No problem just make sure you have the latest version of whichever tool you use and are sure you don't want to unlock to use on another carier (if you go abroad maybe?)

Thanks

If my iphone 3g was already jailbroken with the 2.2 firmware can i still use quickpwn to jailbreak it to 2.2.1 without losing any of my programs on my iphone?

I have a jail-broken and unlocked 3G phone - I use a Windows desktop. How can I get the custom ipsw with BB 2.28?

Tx

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Windows users can upgrade and jailbreak now too!

If you care about unlocking your iPhone 3g do not update to 2.2.1 unless you are updating custom firmware with the baseband update removed. QuickPwn can not create this custom firmware. Currently PwnageTool 2.2.5 (on OS X) is the only way to make this custom 2.2.1 .ispw with the baseband update removed. Upgrading to 2.2.1 via iTunes and then jailbreaking via QuickPwn will result in no unlock for you!

iPhone 2g owners you are safe to upgrade to 2.2.1, jailbreak with QuickPwn and unlock no problems.

iPod Touch 1g owners. You haven't had baseband worries for ages. Have fun

Windows QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 is where it's at.
    MMi Member Mirror
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    http://therepository.binarytide.com/...kPwn-225-2.zip

Torrent
    QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Windows is here SHA1 Sum - 82aae63218316af42e4fa20f8c69d9eb4fe9d4ee

Bootloader Files
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Firmware
    iPhone 3g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    iPhone 2g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    iPod Touch 1g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    Many thanks for the information,I just downloaded all the files that you specified and jailroke my 2G iPhone. It all seemed to work, however when I insert my Vodafone SIM it still will not accept it and puts me onto emergancy call only saying to connect to iTunes. When I do it states that the SIM card is not supported. I thought that this jailbreak was supposed to unlock the phone for any network? Any suggestions please?

thanks,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hall View Post
    Many thanks for the information,I just downloaded all the files that you specified and jailroke my 2G iPhone. It all seemed to work, however when I insert my Vodafone SIM it still will not accept it and puts me onto emergancy call only saying to connect to iTunes. When I do it states that the SIM card is not supported. I thought that this jailbreak was supposed to unlock the phone for any network? Any suggestions please?

thanks,

Phil
    Jailbreaking is not the same as unlocking!
    Luckily the 2G can be unlocked quite easily. Head across to iclarified where there is a tutorial.

How can i download quickpwn

Quote Originally Posted by 3dgardo6 View Post
    How can i download quickpwn
    Have you tried looking in the downloads section?

when i try to open and install the application i got this error. "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

I am using Window XP Pro. Does anyhave have this problem and how to solve this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bartjr View Post
    when i try to open and install the application i got this error. "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

I am using Window XP Pro. Does anyhave have this problem and how to solve this?

Thanks
    You need to update your .NET framework.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried this, but when it completed there was no Cydia. How do I get Cydia on here?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bono01 View Post
    Here another Custom 2.2.1 iPhone 3G Firmware. Activated, Jailbroken, Baseband Update disabled (ready for yellowsn0w version 0.97 unlock), Root Partition Size 534MB, Custom Bootlogos disabled (original Apple Logos), Cydia & Installer. It`s tested by myself and it works fine.

So I have a 3g i just updated to 2.2 and I'm trying to JB using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and I get as far as where it says wait for iphone to be jailbroken (after it's in recovery mode), and windows says the program has encountered an unexpected error and needs to close. It happens evey time in the same spot. I've tried removing and re installing quickpwn a few times from different sources and the same thing happens. My question after reading the above post is this. Can I DL one of these above firmwares and just shift click restore with itunes and us that firmware and be jailbroken ect? I'm getting upset now that my phone is stock again. I've never had a problem with a jb before. Any help would be awesome.

-Ian

I got a clean version of Windows XP Installed, I got iTunes 8 and I got a iPhone 3G 2.2.1, Default factory unlocked so there is no need to run any software like yellowsn0w.

Right after my phone gets in recovery mode. It will stop the process and stays idle. How could I solve this issue?
    iPhone 3G (2.2.1) (Jailbroken)

SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU MAKE A NEW POST!

im using iphone 2g fw 2.1 and want to update to 2.2.1. when im tying to update it, there's an error at the iTunes (error 14). FYI the iTunes is 8.0.2 and im using window. I also use cfw 2.2 to restore it still the same error. help me out plz

People seem to get this when upgrading an iPod Touch or 2G from 2.1
    I take it you are using a Windows computer - as you have not given any information I am having to guess here.
    If so, the first thing I would try is using another USB port and making sure you have the latest USB driver (from Apple).
    If that doesn't work try creating a new Windows User account.
    Failing that try another PC (This works for most people).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone have a clue why quickpwn is crashing at the end of the jailbreak every time?? I can't handle being stock any more !!!!!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast