Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 154 of 154

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Release] Pwnage & Quickpwn 2.5.5 for OSX

  1. #141
    hello everyone im new

  2. #142
    So I just inherited a new iPhone 3G with FW 2.2.1 and baseband 2.30.03 already installed -- is it possible to jailbreak this phone on OSX? I have at&t so I'm not interested in unlocking at all, thanks.

  3. #143
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    use pwnage

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by tha5150 View Post
    use pwnage
    I have attempted PwnageTool and QuickPwn, both fail with iTunes reporting an "An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly." error and will not continue. I suspect some issues with DFU mode?

    anyone have insight on my query above?
    Last edited by adm; 02-11-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #145
    Default Upgrade Jailbroken 2.1 to 2.2.1
    Hi,

    I want to upgrade my jailbroken 2.1 iphone to 2.2.1. Could anyone please let me know what is the best way?
    whether to upgrade to 2.2 first and then to 2.2.1 or direct to 2.2.1?
    I m a windows user. So I have to use a custom firmware.

    Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  6. #146
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mclyn View Post
    Hi,

    I want to upgrade my jailbroken 2.1 iphone to 2.2.1. Could anyone please let me know what is the best way?
    whether to upgrade to 2.2 first and then to 2.2.1 or direct to 2.2.1?
    I m a windows user. So I have to use a custom firmware.

    Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    use itunes to upgrade to 2.2.1....then use quickpwn to JB... simple and fast..

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to tha5150 For This Useful Post:

    mclyn (02-12-2009)

  8. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I have attempted PwnageTool and QuickPwn, both fail with iTunes reporting an "An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly." error and will not continue. I suspect some issues with DFU mode?

    anyone have insight on my query above?
    i have the same problem. please help.

  9. #148
    Thanks tha5150 for your reply.

    I dont want to update my baseband. If I update using iTunes then I will lose it.

    So can I use a 2.2.1 custom firmware to upgrade my 2.1 JB iphone?

    Thanks
    Last edited by mclyn; 02-12-2009 at 03:27 AM.

  10. #149
    What's Jailbreak? ab0530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default New iPhone
    I need clarifications, If i just bought an iPhone as a gift, and it is already on the new baseband and new firmware is it possible for me to use Pwnage tool? I am on a Macintosh and they have a legit AT&T contract, so i don't want to unlock, just jailbreak the phone. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by ab0530; 02-14-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: missing info

  11. #150
    my hard drive will not allow me to store the old iousbfamily file on it because i have newer version of it. why????

  12. #151
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Default Not sure if it's the phone, or me
    I had to get a replacement phone.

    The new iPhone had 2.2.1 on it. Tried to jailbreak (that worked), but now I have no cell signal.

    Thoughts?

    I tried Quickpwn too, but that never gave me Cydia
    Last edited by Daerid; 02-26-2009 at 04:58 AM.

  13. #152
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

    my wife asked me to jailbreak here iphone 3g. she had already upgraded to 2.2.1 a few weeks back. i tried pwnage tool on my new macbook, and kept getting i haz fail. got fed up after trying a few different things. booted up my old powerbook g4 and tried to go with quickpwn since it recognizes DFU. but i couldn't even get that far, everytime it runs a check on her phone, the message "the firmware on your iphone 3g is not supported by quickpwn."

    i've jailbroken my iphone from 2.1, 2.2, and 2.2.1 and never run into any of these problems, so i have no idea what is going on with her phone....can anyone help me out

    anyone???
    Last edited by rel1215; 03-02-2009 at 10:05 PM.

  14. #153
    Hello I am having a huge problem trying to unlock my 2G iPhone. I have previously been able to unlock it but I had to lock it back up because I had to bring it into Apple. I have the new aluminum Macbook. It is able to create the custom firmware bundle but when I try to restore using this customized bundle I get errors. I have tried it on both my macbook and an older version macbook. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help thank you !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mal626 View Post
    Hello I am having a huge problem trying to unlock my 2G iPhone. I have previously been able to unlock it but I had to lock it back up because I had to bring it into Apple. I have the new aluminum Macbook. It is able to create the custom firmware bundle but when I try to restore using this customized bundle I get errors. I have tried it on both my macbook and an older version macbook. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help thank you !!!

    I forgot to mention I only need to jailbreak. I have at&t so I do not care to unlock. Sorry I used the wrong wording. Pleaseeee help !!! thanks.
    Last edited by mal626; 03-04-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #154
    Do you have a windows computer nearby you can use? It will work just fine on one. Or you can go through a process of downgrading and re-upgrading USB drivers, etc on your Mac.

    Do you have a windows computer nearby you can use? It will work just fine on one. Or you can go through a process of downgrading and re-upgrading USB drivers, etc on your Mac.
    Last edited by adm; 03-04-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •