Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Pwnage & Quickpwn 2.5.5 for OSX

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
    Piece of cake for me! I was able to jailbreak/unlock my 3g iPhone to 2.2.1 with pwnage 2.2.5... it's up and running with T-Mobile. I also jailbroke/unlocked my boyfriend's 2g iphone to 2.2.1 last night. It was pretty easy. Thanks Dev-Team and MMi!

BTW, the title of this thread has a typo... it states Pwnage 2.5.5 instead of 2.2.5.
    lmao good catch! never thought of the title.

as for the pwnage 2.2.5, SOME OF US DONT have a MAC. lol

so it was hard for us windows users... sucks hard-core. but with yellowsn0w 0.9.7, you'd have to turn on wifi every time you restart. lol i hate that.

but if i experience crappy things with 2.2 again, i'm converting.

[quote=Zwayne;3240391]
    Quote Originally Posted by raxxal View Post

I made one for my phone which I am using now...let me know if you want to try it and I will send you a link.
    Thanks for the offer, I'd like to try it. Please let me know the link.
    Last edited by raxxal; 02-01-2009 at 08:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sweet

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=raxxal;3242881]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post

Thanks for the offer, I'd like to try it. Please let me know the link.
    ^^^You have a PM....

I also lost my signal when not upgrading the baseband, simply connecting to a wifi connection, installing yellowsn0w and rebooting solved the problem, even though it's an AT&T sim card.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a new iPhone 3G with Firmware 2.2.1. I am on ATT service... Is it possible to jailbreak this phone? If so, how? Thanks in advance,Jon

I've tried QuickPwn. I am Using a USB hub. I do the DFU thing with home and pwr button. It recognizes that I followed the instructions. My iPhone gets a white screen. Then, the QuickPwn hands at 115K.

Thanks for help in advance.

Jon
    Last edited by JHoffy1; 02-02-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have just done this update to 2.2.1 I have a factory unlocked phone so I just up dated via itunes and then used quickpwn.

I am having problems with Cydia now all my apps that I want to install won't work. I keep getting "Cannot Comply" messages for them all..

Has something gone wrong?

Also I tried to use Aptbackup to install my apps again but it doesn't work so I went back to doing it manually. Aptbackup it just sits there with the message "this may take a few mins (phone will reboot when done)" 30 mins later and it still wasn't done..

Anyone know what to do? Could my attempt to use aptbackup runied it?

EDIT:
    Not to worry the problem has now been fixed.

I did a complete upgrade in Cydia and now everything seems to be installing ok.

Last edited by srbug; 02-02-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    i set it up as a backup since i used aptbackup.

yes, miro. make sure you make the transition from 2.0.2 to 2.2 THEN update to the custom 2.2.1 firmware if you plan to use yellowsn0w anytime soon. If not, just install and jailbreak the firmware as usual.

DFU mode makes every install clean. It gives you a fresh start. For those of us who spend a lot of time on our phones, we sometims dont put it in DFU mode, but i might consider putting it in DFU again and flashing one more time. DFU mode IS recommended for a fresh start with little complications.

for those of you having trouble finding a 2.2.1 firmware without the baseband update, here's a link:

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

MAJOR thanks to zwayne for making this for us. This one does NOT update the baseband and does NOT ask for activation.
    ^^^You are welcome!!

i get error 1600 on itunes and i already did the fix posted. any help x_X?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

QuickPwn - 2.2.1.rar

THIS IS THE LINK FOR THE QUICKPWN 2.2.1 DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS

So i guess i am the first to get a "An Unknown error occurred (21)" when trying to install the new firmware. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am not a NoOb and i have done this many times before.... First i restored in itunes, then I created a custom isp using pwnagetool, sucessfully entered DFU mode, selected custom isp in itunes to install, half way through the install i get that error

EDIT: Woops... After researching, I missed the part to change it to 1000 mb.... could that have caused it?
    Last edited by svd21; 02-02-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I flashed my 3G to 2.2.1.....I've always used the T-Zones hack because I don't pay for full tmobile internet...I don't even have to use the tzones hack anymore..and my Youtube search and everything works now....VERY NICE. I noticed the Tzones hack was no longer on BigBoss...they must've done an update so everything will work when using Tzones or something, because my Youtube never worked unless I was on WiFi. This is great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svd21 View Post
    So i guess i am the first to get a "An Unknown error occurred (21)" when trying to install the new firmware. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am not a NoOb and i have done this many times before.... First i restored in itunes, then I created a custom isp using pwnagetool, sucessfully entered DFU mode, selected custom isp in itunes to install, half way through the install i get that error

EDIT: Woops... After researching, I missed the part to change it to 1000 mb.... could that have caused it?

i would like to know why this is happening too.. same thing with mine. not too sure whats going on here...

I have the same issue. I successfully jailbreaked and unlocked a 3g 2.2 last night, and today, on the second one, I am getting this issue. Any thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default odd update....
    So I upgraded to the new firmware through itunes, and before I started the jailbreak/unlock process, I checked the phone and it was running the new firmware and was already jailbroken and unlocked!? It's working fine...should I expect issues later?

8 gig iPhone 2g FW 2.2.1

Default jailbreaking the new apple iphone software update 2.3.0
    I accidentally updated to the new software and lost my cydia app, and found out the hard way that it did not work with quickpwn. When will you great development hacks upgrade QP to break through the new apple update? soon I hope. the app that i need is the video recorder, can one of you brilliant developers create a video recording app that will work with the new update? that would be the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    i set it up as a backup since i used aptbackup.

for those of you having trouble finding a 2.2.1 firmware without the baseband update, here's a link:

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

MAJOR thanks to zwayne for making this for us. This one does NOT update the baseband and does NOT ask for activation.
    Just a question: Is the link posted for a 3G or 1G iphone?

Thx

Can not jailbreak, iTunes does not recognize iphone after DFU mode?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodken76 View Post
    Can not jailbreak, iTunes does not recognize iphone after DFU mode?

details?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    everything worked great for me after i figured out why my 3g wouldnt go into dfu mode. but now im getting problems plugging my regular ipod photo in?? everytime i plug the ipod in, it requires me to shut down the macbook!?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast