Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 154

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Release] Pwnage & Quickpwn 2.5.5 for OSX

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    wow. that SUCKED. why did you do that? you DONT update the baseband to let others use yellowsn0w dude. luckly, i have an AT&T SIM from some dude, so it let me in the springboard.



    correct. but Zwayne: can you redo it but remove the activation restrictions? i dont want to go through this again if i need to recover...



    no. you are supposed to scroll down farther. THANK GOODNESS the thing DOES have the 2.28 baseband... you almost screwed me over lol
    Beggars can't be choosers!!! LOL
    Last edited by Troy_Hatton; 01-31-2009 at 01:03 AM.

  2. #102
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    What you need to do is do the whole restore process over again, but this time, try restoring from backup and then jailbreaking. That should leave Cydia on there.
    I'm sorry if I sound stupid but I'm sort of new to this process. So when I open iTunes I have "update" and "restore" I have to restore first. Then when that's done I have the option to "restore from backup". I can do this but then when I go to jailbreak, there's no Cydia.

  3. #103
    just wondering...

    who is that in that photo (original post) and what is he saying?

    i saw this photo when my phone was restoring and just was wondering about it.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    Yay! The upload finally finished. Here's the link: iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw.

    As I said before, it is untested because I don't have an iPhone, but I posted the settings a couple post above this one so you can have a look and know what you're putting on your iPhone. If there are any problems with it, let me know.








    I figured there might be someone out there that would want it. If you don't want it, you can either install Terminal and delete it or ssh into your iPhone and delete it.

    Also, I uploaded it to ZumoDrive. I don't believe it limits your download speed at all, at least not that I've noticed.
    Just to confirm, I restored using your custom IPSW and all is working well. Many thanks for helping out like this.

  5. #105
    Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,454
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 75 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jPhone12 View Post
    just wondering...

    who is that in that photo (original post) and what is he saying?

    i saw this photo when my phone was restoring and just was wondering about it.
    That was an animation of Steve Jobs and he was saying "restore."
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    DFU mode is the best way...Did you set up as a new phone or from a backup?
    i set it up as a backup since i used aptbackup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miro89 View Post
    hi, sorry for the noob question but right now i have 2.0.2 Fw so i should restore to 2.2 then restore again with custom Fw from pwnage to 2.2.1?

    and should i put my iPhone 3G into DFU mode everytime i am restoring to another FW? plz reply

    yes, miro. make sure you make the transition from 2.0.2 to 2.2 THEN update to the custom 2.2.1 firmware if you plan to use yellowsn0w anytime soon. If not, just install and jailbreak the firmware as usual.

    DFU mode makes every install clean. It gives you a fresh start. For those of us who spend a lot of time on our phones, we sometims dont put it in DFU mode, but i might consider putting it in DFU again and flashing one more time. DFU mode IS recommended for a fresh start with little complications.


    for those of you having trouble finding a 2.2.1 firmware without the baseband update, here's a link:

    Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

    MAJOR thanks to zwayne for making this for us. This one does NOT update the baseband and does NOT ask for activation.

  7. #107
    Folks,

    I am trying to update my iphone, but I keep getting this error, see attachment. Any idea? I tried a couple customs files, but I keep getting the same error message.

    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.jpg  
    Last edited by raxxal; 01-31-2009 at 10:28 AM.

  8. #108
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raxxal View Post
    Folks,

    I am trying to update my iphone, but I keep getting this error, see attachment. Any idea? I tried a couple customs files, but I keep getting the same error message.

    Thanks!
    You use itunes to install the custom ipsw...

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    You use itunes to install the custom ipsw...
    yup. Put your iphone in DFU mode, go into itunes, shift+click "Restore" and choose the custom firmware.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    You use itunes to install the custom ipsw...
    Thanks for your quick reply, yes, you are right, I need to use Itunes to install it, and that is what I am doing at this moment.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Anytime you go from one firmware to another you ALWAYS lose your jailbreak and ALL your apps. Your only option is to plug into iTunes and hit restore to wipe the phone out completely and then jailbreak again. You can however back up all your apps using this guide: How To Upgrade In iTunes | iPhone News, Help and Guides

    Take it SLOW because if you mess up a single step or do something out of order it won't work!

    Note: You NEVER use the "upgrade" button in iTunes on a jailbroken phone or you will lose 500MB of data due to back-up files. For example.. if you were on firmware 2.0 and jailbroke.. then upgraded to 2.0.1 > 2.0.2 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 you would have lost a total of 2GB of data that is now completely unusable. The data loss is because Cydia moves your files around to free up space. The moved files become inaccessible but stay on your disk which means you essentially just lose the space. The more apps you had installed in Cydia, the more space you lose.
    is there any way to tell if the 500mb of data has already been lost as a result of selecting upgrade instead of restore first? i've always updated my firmware on my iphone 3g but cannot remember the method i used.

  12. #112
    Does mobile installation work with 2.2.1 so I can have my cracked apps on the new firmware(2.2.1)

  13. #113
    yes. i have tried it and it works just like before.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWHOx For This Useful Post:

    deenybird (01-31-2009)

  15. #114
    Unhappy What Happened
    Well I thought things were smooth sailing but now I'm screwed until (if/when) there is a way to downgrade the baseband from 2.30.03 back to 2.28.00 as I followed the directions by" you MUST use pwnage tool and disable the baseband update to conserve your 2.28.00 baseband." The break went fine, I disabled the baseband update as stated and low and behold I have baseband 2.30.03 now. WTF??? Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have any idea how this could be? Use with caution because if it happened to me you could be next. Now I'm eagerly awaiting to see what the development team comes up with concerning this issue.

  16. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by r.d.wilson View Post
    Well I thought things were smooth sailing but now I'm screwed until (if/when) there is a way to downgrade the baseband from 2.30.03 back to 2.28.00 as I followed the directions by" you MUST use pwnage tool and disable the baseband update to conserve your 2.28.00 baseband." The break went fine, I disabled the baseband update as stated and low and behold I have baseband 2.30.03 now. WTF??? Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have any idea how this could be? Use with caution because if it happened to me you could be next. Now I'm eagerly awaiting to see what the development team comes up with concerning this issue.
    you screwed up. there's no question about that. you'd just have to wait. sorry. we have THREE links in this forum for the 3G WITHOUT the baseband update. you should have used ours.



    BTW:

    I dont know if you guys have this problem, but since i updated to 2.2.1 on my iPhone 3g, my WiFi keeps turning OFF when i reboot.

    WTF? anybody getting this problem too? i think it's the yellowsn0w.

    Also, when i try to log in to my yahoo! mail via safari (dont ask, my school blocks the mail app...), it wont keep cookies and safari tells me to log in every friggen second! you guys get this too?
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 02-01-2009 at 09:39 AM.

  17. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    you screwed up. there's no question about that. you'd just have to wait. sorry. we have THREE links in this forum for the 3G WITHOUT the baseband update. you should have used ours.



    BTW:

    I dont know if you guys have this problem, but since i updated to 2.2.1 on my iPhone 3g, my WiFi keeps turning OFF when i reboot.

    WTF? anybody getting this problem too? i think it's the yellowsn0w.

    Also, when i try to log in to my yahoo! mail via safari (dont ask, my school blocks the mail app...), it wont keep cookies and safari tells me to log in every friggen second! you guys get this too?
    Not sure how I did that since I got the 3G without baseband update from a link on this site. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the apple version was downloaded but not installed when I was doing a sync or something. I find this hard to be the case though since Pawnage did not find more than one .ipsw file when I was going through the jailbreak...

  18. #117
    [quote=lightmaster;3227621]darn. beat me too it. I have really crappy upload speeds, and I'm about halfway done uploading. I'll post pics of the setting I used and I'll post the link for the firmware as soon as it gets done uploading.

    If you see anything wrong with the settings, let me know.






    This firmware is not working for me. I am able to install it but I am NOT able to activate the phone in Itunes. All I can see is: ...
    I think is because of the Activate the phone being check while the file was created, am I right? I need a file with Installer and Cydia, not baseband upgrade, I have a legit contract with AT&T, but I want to be able to unlock the phone. My daughter has an eye on it, she is with T-Mobile.
    By the way, if I install another file which I assume that the Activate the phone has not been checked, then the phone works just fine.
    Last edited by raxxal; 02-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.

  19. #118
    [quote=raxxal;3238171]
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    darn. beat me too it. I have really crappy upload speeds, and I'm about halfway done uploading. I'll post pics of the setting I used and I'll post the link for the firmware as soon as it gets done uploading.

    If you see anything wrong with the settings, let me know.






    This firmware is not working for me. I am able to install it but I am NOT able to activate the phone in Itunes. All I can see is: ...
    I think is because of the Activate the phone being check while the file was created, am I right? I need a file with Installer and Cydia, not baseband upgrade, I have a legit contract with AT&T, but I want to be able to unlock the phone. My daughter has an eye on it, ans she is with T-Mobile.
    By the way, if I install another file which I assume that the Activate the phone has not been checked, then the phone works just fine.
    lmao yeah, you dont need to check "activate the phone" if you have an ATT sim since all you have to do is pop it in the sim tray and it will let you into the springboard. Then you can download yellowsn0w via cydia.

    BTW: when you are done, do me a favor and log into yahoo mail in SAFARI mobile browser. i need to know if you can stay logged in without it having to ask you to login again.... i have that problem...

  20. #119
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    [quote=raxxal;3238171]
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    darn. beat me too it. I have really crappy upload speeds, and I'm about halfway done uploading. I'll post pics of the setting I used and I'll post the link for the firmware as soon as it gets done uploading.

    If you see anything wrong with the settings, let me know.






    This firmware is not working for me. I am able to install it but I am NOT able to activate the phone in Itunes. All I can see is: ...
    I think is because of the Activate the phone being check while the file was created, am I right? I need a file with Installer and Cydia, not baseband upgrade, I have a legit contract with AT&T, but I want to be able to unlock the phone. My daughter has an eye on it, she is with T-Mobile.
    By the way, if I install another file which I assume that the Activate the phone has not been checked, then the phone works just fine.
    I made one for my phone which I am using now...let me know if you want to try it and I will send you a link.

  21. #120
    Green Apple Cassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Piece of cake for me! I was able to jailbreak/unlock my 3g iPhone to 2.2.1 with pwnage 2.2.5... it's up and running with T-Mobile. I also jailbroke/unlocked my boyfriend's 2g iphone to 2.2.1 last night. It was pretty easy. Thanks Dev-Team and MMi!

    BTW, the title of this thread has a typo... it states Pwnage 2.5.5 instead of 2.2.5.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •