Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 154

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Release] Pwnage & Quickpwn 2.5.5 for OSX

  1. #81
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raxxal View Post
    Thank you for the the file, but I need a custome file with NOT activation. I am on AT&T and I don't need to activate the iphone, can you make one like that?
    The one I posted on post#69 is for legit at&t user.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    The one I posted on post#69 is for legit at&t user.
    The one you posted doesn't update the baseband. If you have a legit AT&T contract and you don't need to unlock your iPhone, then you WANT to update the baseband. The only time you don't want to update the baseband is when you have a contract with someone beside AT&T and you need to unlock your iPhone.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



  3. #83
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    The one you posted doesn't update the baseband. If you have a legit AT&T contract and you don't need to unlock your iPhone, then you WANT to update the baseband. The only time you don't want to update the baseband is when you have a contract with someone beside AT&T and you need to unlock your iPhone.
    WTF dose this pic show....Now you can unlock if you like by yellowsn0w or not.

    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 01-30-2009 at 10:36 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    The one I posted on post#69 is for legit at&t user.

    Well, thank you one more time for your effort and dedication, I will download the file now.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    The one I posted on post#69 is for legit at&t user.
    wow. that SUCKED. why did you do that? you DONT update the baseband to let others use yellowsn0w dude. luckly, i have an AT&T SIM from some dude, so it let me in the springboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    The one you posted doesn't update the baseband. If you have a legit AT&T contract and you don't need to unlock your iPhone, then you WANT to update the baseband. The only time you don't want to update the baseband is when you have a contract with someone beside AT&T and you need to unlock your iPhone.
    correct. but Zwayne: can you redo it but remove the activation restrictions? i dont want to go through this again if i need to recover...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    WTF dose this pic show....Now you can unlock if you like by yellowsn0w or not.

    no. you are supposed to scroll down farther. THANK GOODNESS the thing DOES have the 2.28 baseband... you almost screwed me over lol

  6. #86
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    I told you it had 2.28.00 baseband. and it was activated by itunes.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    I told you it had 2.28.00 baseband. and it was activated by itunes.
    i have t-mobile, so it told me i had an invalid SIM. i had to use a dummy AT&T SIM so it would let me use yellowsn0w to unlock before i could use my SIM.

    also, for some reason, when i SSH, my Application.XXXXX folder is just "Applications." is yours like this?

  8. #88
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    wow. that SUCKED. why did you do that? you DONT update the baseband to let others use yellowsn0w dude. luckly, i have an AT&T SIM from some dude, so it let me in the springboard.



    correct. but Zwayne: can you redo it but remove the activation restrictions? i dont want to go through this again if i need to recover...



    no. you are supposed to scroll down farther. THANK GOODNESS the thing DOES have the 2.28 baseband... you almost screwed me over lol
    ^^^I know...I was showing that I was using at&t and a legit customer. I haven't ssh into the phone yet.

    And I am building one for you that is Activated with 695MB RP, stock boot images.

  9. #89
    nice thanxz

  10. #90
    Guys, its simple to upgrade ur unlocked 3G

    1. Back-up with iTunes
    2. Launch Pwnage Tool and pwn ur 2.2.1 firmware (after downloading it of course)
    3. Place your phone into DFU mode (Pwnage tool automatically does it for you at the end, if your and 10.5.6 and it doesnt work... you need to follow the guide up there on how to get it to work)
    4. Restore with iTunes
    5. Let iTunes restore all of your information that was backed up
    6. Launch Cydia , add the yellowsn0w source, then install yellowsn0w


    If your concerened about what you'll lose: You will not lose any of your appstore/official app's settings, you will lose all your jailbroken apps
    Last edited by shaharyar; 01-30-2009 at 11:44 PM.

  11. #91
    this update is probably the biggest mistake ive ever done on an iphone...

    i dont see anything different...

    i also forgot to put the damn phone in DFU mode before flashing. but at least my prefs are still good.

  12. #92
    to get the smoothest transition from one firmware to the next, DFU mode is recommended. i probably screwed mine up REALLY bad. my App folder doesnt have letters and numbers like a quickpwned iphone/ipod should have.

  13. #93
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    to get the smoothest transition from one firmware to the next, DFU mode is recommended. i probably screwed mine up REALLY bad. my App folder doesnt have letters and numbers like a quickpwned iphone/ipod should have.
    ^^^Mine dose...

  14. #94
    Default Backup apps from Cydia
    Quote Originally Posted by shaharyar View Post
    If your concerened about what you'll lose: You will not lose any of your appstore/official app's settings, you will lose all your jailbroken apps
    Actually, you don't have to lose all of your apps from cydia. You will lose the data from the apps, such as game save files.

    1. Before you do anything, open Cydia and install "Aptbackup".
    2. Run it and click the button that says "Backup". This will create a list of everything you've installed through Cydia and save it in a folder that is backed up by iTunes.
    3. Then preform your preferred jailbreaking method.
    4. Restore your data by right-clicking your iPhone/iTouch on the left side of iTunes.
    5. Open Cydia and install "Aptbackup" again.
    6. Run it and this time click "Restore". It will go and download/install all of the packages and apps you had installed using Cydia.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



  15. #95
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    this update is probably the biggest mistake ive ever done on an iphone...

    i dont see anything different...

    i also forgot to put the damn phone in DFU mode before flashing. but at least my prefs are still good.
    DFU mode is the best way...Did you set up as a new phone or from a backup?

  16. #96
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    hi, sorry for the noob question but right now i have 2.0.2 Fw so i should restore to 2.2 then restore again with custom Fw from pwnage to 2.2.1?

    and should i put my iPhone 3G into DFU mode everytime i am restoring to another FW? plz reply

  17. #97
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    2G user here.

    Using QuickPwn if I restore through iTunes can I then do a "restore from backup" then jailbreak so that I'll retain all my contacts etc.. and still have Cydia?

    Edit: So I just restored through iTunes then jailbroke, then did the "restore from backup" and now Cydia is gone... Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Nibrok; 01-31-2009 at 12:37 AM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibrok For This Useful Post:

    lightmaster (01-31-2009)

  19. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
    2G user here.

    Quick question. If I restore through iTunes can I then do a "restore from backup" then jailbreak so that I'll retain all my contacts etc.. and still have Cydia?
    The order you want to do it in is: Restore through iTunes, jailbreak, restore from backup. That will give you both Cydia and all of your contacts etc... Assuming you backed up your iPhone prior to restoring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
    2G user here.

    Quick question. If I restore through iTunes can I then do a "restore from backup" then jailbreak so that I'll retain all my contacts etc.. and still have Cydia?

    Edit: So I just restored through iTunes then jailbroke, then did the "restore from backup" and now Cydia is gone... Any suggestions?
    Your problem is that Cydia got hidden. Did you install OpenSSH before you restored from backup?
    Last edited by lightmaster; 01-31-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



  20. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

    Nibrok (01-31-2009)

  21. #99
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    The order you want to do it in is: Restore through iTunes, jailbreak, restore from backup. That will give you both Cydia and all of your contacts etc... Assuming you backed up your iPhone prior to restoring.



    Your problem is that Cydia got hidden. Did you install OpenSSH before you restored from backup?
    No I did not. I need to install Open SSH prior to doing a "restored backup"? Thank for the fast reply by the way, it's much appreciated.

  22. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibrok View Post
    No I did not. I need to install Open SSH prior to doing a "restored backup"? Thank for the fast reply by the way, it's much appreciated.
    What you need to do is do the whole restore process over again, but this time, try restoring from backup and then jailbreaking. That should leave Cydia on there.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •