Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Pwnage & Quickpwn 2.5.5 for OSX

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    I'm downloading the firmware right now, but it will take about 20 minutes to download. I'll post when it finishes downloading and then I'll post a link when the custom firmware is complete.
    EHYEAH!!!! ALRIGHT! YOU DA MAN! please test it first, though... I cant bear the though of having a useless iphone... THANKS IN ADVANCE, MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by rajunic View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I haven't add any of the sources or anything extra to Cydia besides the default stuffs.
    I've had it a few times where it would keep rebooting. If you download PwnageTool as a .zip file, it won't work right. Adding anything at all to Cydia when making the firmware might cause a boot loop. The last time I made one, I had iTunes open at the same time as PwnageTool and it didn't work right. Then, without changing any setting, I closed iTunes and tried again and it worked fine, so having iTunes open might cause a boot loop also.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    EHYEAH!!!! ALRIGHT! YOU DA MAN! please test it first, though... I cant bear the though of having a useless iphone... THANKS IN ADVANCE, MAN!
    Unfortunately, I have an iTouch, not an iPhone, so I can't test it myself. Sorry. I did make a custom version of the 2.2 firmware for a friend who had a iPhone 3G and he had no problems with it. So I'm certain that it will work fine and you won't end up with a "iPhone Touch". I can't guarantee it, though, so you'll have to use it at your own risk. I will make sure to disable the baseband update.

10 minutes left on download. Damn that file is way too big. 246mb!! I remember my old video iPod, the firmware downloads for it were only about 10mb.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 01-30-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

Miro89 (01-30-2009), MrWHOx (01-30-2009)

Unfortunately, I have an iTouch, not an iPhone, so I can't test it myself. Sorry. I did make a custom version of the 2.2 firmware for a friend who had a iPhone 3G and he had no problems with it. So I'm certain that it will work fine and you won't end up with a "iPhone Touch". I can't guarantee it, though, so you'll have to use it at your own risk. I will make sure to disable the baseband update.

10 minutes left on download. Damn that file is way too big. 246mb!! I remember my old video iPod, the firmware downloads for it were only about 10mb.
    lmao

i'll wait for other unsuspecting people to try first... muahahahah! lol j/k.

it IS HUGE! took me about 24 mins to download though.

I just finished downloading the iPhone 3G 2.2.1 firmware and I'm about to pwn it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

Miro89 (01-30-2009), MrWHOx (01-30-2009)

I just finished downloading the iPhone 3G 2.2.1 firmware and I'm about to pwn it.
    sweet. hopefully, you have fast uploading speeds, lol

Is there a way to go back to an earlier version like 2.2 or 2.1

Yes. I am back to 2.2 now.

if you have an iphone 3g, you can PROBABLY downgrade, but the baseband will be stuck on 3.blah.blah.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a 3G 2.2.1 with 2.28.00 baseband and 695MB root partition with openssh installed. Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

For legit at&t user and it has the stock boot images.
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 01-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A Retired Mod For This Useful Post:

Miro89 (01-30-2009)

wow. couldnt post this hours ago? lol

i hate sendspace. they limit my download speed.

has this been tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Here is a 3G 2.2.1 with 2.28.00 baseband and 695MB root partition with openssh installed. Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
    darn. beat me too it. I have really crappy upload speeds, and I'm about halfway done uploading. I'll post pics of the setting I used and I'll post the link for the firmware as soon as it gets done uploading.

If you see anything wrong with the settings, let me know.

man... you replaced the boot logos?

i wanted to have a "sleeper" ya know? i gotta keep a low profile lol

man... you replaced the boot logos?

i wanted to have a "sleeper" ya know? i gotta keep a low profile lol
    I'm big with linux. I used to have it on several of my old iPods. I think I still have one laying around. I figured if I couldn't put linux on my iTouch yet, I could at least put Tux as the boot images. If you want to change it, I'm fairly certain there is an app in Cydia that will allow you to change it.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 01-30-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks

You should have un=checked Installer...

Yay! The upload finally finished. Here's the link: iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw.

As I said before, it is untested because I don't have an iPhone, but I posted the settings a couple post above this one so you can have a look and know what you're putting on your iPhone. If there are any problems with it, let me know.

I figured there might be someone out there that would want it. If you don't want it, you can either install Terminal and delete it or ssh into your iPhone and delete it.

Also, I uploaded it to ZumoDrive. I don't believe it limits your download speed at all, at least not that I've noticed.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 01-30-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

Bluestraw (01-31-2009), Miro89 (01-30-2009), Windmeel (01-30-2009)

lmao did you uncheck installer in the one you posted??

Thank you for the the file, but I need a custome file with NOT activation. I am on AT&T and I don't need to activate the iphone, can you make one like that?

Thanks

lmao did you uncheck installer in the one you posted??
    Yes you dont need installer with Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

[QUOTE=lightmaster;3227861]Yay! The upload finally finished. Here's the link: iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw.

If anyone checks this out, please post results. Im assuming this is the custom firmware which does not update the baseband? Thank you again lightmaster. Thanks have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by raxxal View Post
    Thank you for the the file, but I need a custome file with NOT activation. I am on AT&T and I don't need to activate the iphone, can you make one like that?
    If you have a legit contract with AT&T, all you have to do is backup your iPhone, Restore it to the newest firmware (CLICK, not OPTION-CLICK the restore button), and then run Quickpwn.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast