+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2.1 Breaks 3g Unlock, Does Not Break Jailbreak Method

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by IvanPK About the 2G ipod touch... Whats a 'tethered jailbreak'? And also, why has the 2g ipod touch been so hard to jailbreak? What's different software wise
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    About the 2G ipod touch...
    Whats a 'tethered jailbreak'?

And also, why has the 2g ipod touch been so hard to jailbreak? What's different software wise about it then the 1G iPodT, 2 and 3G iphones?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ipod-ne...n-redsn0w.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

2.2.1 isnt worth it for me (owning a 2G)
    more efficient safari they say?
    edge + safari = pain

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello everyone.. i need a big help. i had a jailbroken iphone3g with 2.2 software and upgrade to 2.2.1 how can i restore it back to 2.2??? please HELLPP

Thanks
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by unfaced; 01-29-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eltremendo View Post
    hello everyone.. i need a big help. i had a jailbroken iphone3g with 2.2 software and upgrade to 2.2.1 how can i restore it back to 2.2??? please HELLPP
    No help available.
    Jailbreak will come, but if you use YellowSn0W you're fooked.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I still laugh at how obsessive people can get over updating their firmwares the MINUTE new firms come out, yet they have no idea what the new firm gives... this firm seems to have been made essentially to screw over yellowsnow users who don't have the patience to wait. In other words we ahave no reason to upgrade to this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

imode (01-29-2009), skj8100 (01-29-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can upgrade your 2G phone but you will lose your jailbreak until the Dev Team updates Quickpwm and Pwnage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Well other than the fact that they only like releasing things that are complete and usable by anyone without errors/bad side effects etc . . .

#1 Who absolutely needs it?
    #2 How would they determine and verify who absolutely needs it if there are actually ppl that absolutely need it?
    +1
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I still laugh at how obsessive people can get over updating their firmwares the MINUTE new firms come out, yet they have no idea what the new firm gives... this firm seems to have been made essentially to screw over yellowsnow users who don't have the patience to wait. In other words we ahave no reason to upgrade to this
    Quite frankly dude I don't care what the update gives me I just want it now! OK?

Here's an idea....why not keep your stupid little comments to yourself and we will all get on much better. Capice dude?

Some people...sheeeesh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to purge98 For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (01-29-2009)

Thanks

Handbags at dawn !!!!!!

John

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm, maybe this is the wrong time (and thread) to ask, but I just finished updating 3 iphones to 2.2 (which is awesome!). I literally did this the day before 2.2.1 was released. I was going to update my iTouch (1st gen) the next day but Apple went and did this pooh. So now if I want to update my iTouch to 2.2 and JB, how can I?

I've found a dl of 2.2 for the 1st Gen iTouch, but it make me nervous since I didn't get it straight from Apple. I missed my window I guess. It's currently at 2.1 so I've paid for the 2.0 update already. If I take the plunge and use the DL FW, and restore in iTunes (Shift+Restore) I should be OK, right? That is using quickpwn for windows.

I'm in no hurry for 2.2.1 and since I just finished the 4 hour process of updating 3 iphones to 2.2, I'm not ready for another, nor does it appear that I need it. I would like my iTouch at 2.2 though...

Thanks,
    Last edited by Bigperm26; 01-29-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typos

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    Confirmed Looks like you can downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2 and unlock for the 1st Generation iPhone.
    Going to update back to 2.2.1 with unlock for the hell of it will report if it stays unlocked.
    Let us know how you go
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purge98 View Post
    Quite frankly dude I don't care what the update gives me I just want it now! OK?

Here's an idea....why not keep your stupid little comments to yourself and we will all get on much better. Capice dude?

Some people...sheeeesh
    He/she was stating an opinion - I tend to want things NOW! but it was a valid opinion - no need to get snotty about it.

It is very easy to p!ss people off without meaning too - don't take things so seriously. People shouldn';t keep their comments to themselves and others shouldn't take things so seriously.

Slanging each other off doesn't help anyone.

Just my opinion - feel free to flame me - I'm used to it
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some people...sheeeesh
    Since this is your first post, I'll go easy... Learn a few manners before posting next time. Why don't you state your opinion as to why you want it now instead of trashing someone who has been participating and helping others for quite some time.

I agree that I don't understand why people find a need to update right away and then cry when something breaks.

Thanks

QuickPwn has the jailbreak for 2.2.1 Worked like a charm. Dont know about unlocking though. Stick with Cash on that one.

QuickPWN

QuickPwn has the jailbreak for 2.2.1 (3G). Just did it. Worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by corizzle View Post
    neither.
    wait until the dev team releases a tool to jailbreak your phone.
    Last edited by jaysone950; 01-29-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did anyone else notice how fast his phone loaded the NES Emulator? I want to know how your phone is that fast!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaysone950 View Post
    Think I'll wait for the Dev-Team to do it. I trust them.

Glad it seems to have worked for you - and if I had upgraded already I would probably try that but the only thing I've tried from Rip Dev is Kate - and we all know what that does to the iPhone 3G!

Just my opinion - but I'll wait for someone I trust before risking my phone. YMMV

Thanks

Some people...sheeeesh
    Yeah seriously, how can you flame a guy that wants to make puppies feel better? PUPPIES!!! Oh, and the fact that his posts have helped a lot of people, including me.
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

New to the site and I(like a DUMMY)upgraded/I am waiting PATIENTLY until further notice.....GREAT SITE!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do I have to jailbreak to new sounds for text messages. is there an easier way and please make the directions simple
    Kdzbks