+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 is OUT!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
no u can just make a 2.2.1 ipsw with pwnage, or upgrade then rejailbreak with quickpwn. You're fine if ur on at and t and wont need to unlock
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wgm214's Avatar
    Thanks

no u can just make a 2.2.1 ipsw with pwnage, or upgrade then rejailbreak with quickpwn. You're fine if ur on at and t and wont need to unlock
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone got a custome ipsw firmware file they can upload that has the 2.1 bassband preserved?

Much appreciated to anyone that can help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    I'm currently jailbroken on 2.2. I have not downloaded 2.2.1 yet. This will be the first time I am upgrading firmware after a jailbreak. So questions are:

What is this yellowsnow I keep hearing about? I have a 3g with At&T so do I just need to wait for a custom 2.2.1 firmware to come out??

I'm confused.
    YellowSn0w is to unlock your phone to use on non-official carriers. If you are in the USA and will never use your phone on any other carrier than AT&T then you don't need YellowSn0w and can just upgrade and pwn as normal.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok thank for the help.

Thanks

Yellowsn0w 0.9.8 update!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default glade i read this
    unlike last time when i just restored and upgraded to find i could not jailbreak and had to wait awhile.i had thought about upgrading because im having some glitches now like my wifi wouldet workhad to reboot it a couple times and today my phone wouldent ring so i looked in settings all was good.so ijust rebooted it a coupl time untill it worked.so i thought seems like it is crashing time for upgrade.i mean why fix it if it aint broke..or broke enough.thanks agin im glade i read this

im in usa and got att so just do it.thanks agin
    Last edited by rexamillion59; 02-07-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

nrd
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi all,

just wondering im still on 2.1 firmware and havent upgraded to 2.2, let alone the latest one,

my question is do you have to increment the upgrade firmwares or can you just upgrade to the latest version?
    if you upgrade straight to the latest and miss the in between versions do you miss the upgrade change features?

Many thanks, hope someone can help.

p.s. great site,,keep up the good support.

Thanks

You can just upgrade to 2.21 - so long as you don't want to YellowSn0w
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

nrd
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You can just upgrade to 2.21 - so long as you don't want to YellowSn0w
    hi
    thanks for reply, so will i miss any updated features from 2.2 or will these integrate within 2.2.1.

thanks.

Thanks

2.21 is a superset of 2.1 - you won't miss anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not sure who has tried it yet, but does anyone think 2.2.1 is snappier than 2.2? Also for anyone on 2.1 if i recall, it was ridiculously laggy. slightly better than 2.0, but still terribly slow compared to 2.2 if i remember correctly.

I did a update to 2.2.1 via pawnage to preserve the BB and because my phone was really screwed up. it would even backup anymore. It kept crashing while trying to backup my apps.

Might be because of a fresh install but definitely feels faster overall to me. Then again, i had a lot of crap on it before updating.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im still on 2.0...i know, really outdated...anyway, i was looking around the forums and never really found an answer, i guess this could be an appropriate place to ask. i have a lot of apps that are for 2.0 fw and dont have an update for newer fw's. when i update to 2.2, will my 2.0 apps still work on it or will i have to go looking for substitutes?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jelenak9 View Post
    when i update to 2.2, will my 2.0 apps still work on it or will i have to go looking for substitutes?
    they'll work just fine. no worries

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    2.21 is a superset of 2.1 - you won't miss anything.
    Except a lot fewer crashes in Safari. Worth it to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just upgraded to the 2.2.1 firmware, haven't jailbroken it yet. I am coming from a JB 2.2 firmware (some things were running screwy with my JB 2.2 firmware... I wasn't getting calls when phone was idle and just getting the voicemail notification, delayed texts, no calls with pandora running...), want to test things out to see if it is the phone or the firmware before I JB again.

When I was on the JB 2.2, I had sbsettings and was using the digital battery. After the format to 2.2.1, I got to the home screen and my battery was still the digital battery... I tapped it and it turned into the battery icon. tapped again and it was digital... can someone confirm this is part of 2.2.1 or is the sbsettings setting for the digital battery still written in the phone?

Thanks

Thanks

^my numerical battery stayed active when i upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and when i updated from 2.2 to 2.2.1

OMG
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahhh! I messed up.. I updated to 2.2.1.. and everything is gone! cydia, winterboard, ect ect.. Is there anyway I can recover the jailbreak apps via SSH?! help thank you..

Thanks

I believe they're all gone as the upgrade wipes your phone.
    Sorry.

Thanks

im not sure about that^ when i upgraded from jailbroken 2.1 to 2.2 and then jailbroke i saw all my old files in /stash i think

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    im not sure about that^ when i upgraded from jailbroken 2.1 to 2.2 and then jailbroke i saw all my old files in /stash i think
    Interesting. brar's comments about his battery meter make me think I could be wrong.

But, if all the files are still there, how come some bright person has not written a program to restore all settings? I would have thought that if everything was still there then this would be possible and if something is possible....