Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 is OUT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Guys.
    This is the first update since i jailbroke my iPhone.
    as you all are writing, i shouldn't update, before it could be jailbreak it again.
    But, is it possible in any ways to keep my apps, themes and all the other stuff i got from Cydia? Like, back-up or something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    i guess a completely useless update...really not worth the effort to upgrade, jailbreak and then install all the apps again.
    i feel the same way.

there is more flodding the cydia site than frikin apple for updates.. i like that hahah

Quote Originally Posted by sryuuza View Post
    Maybe Apple put a timer in it to crash it, or maybe I'm paronoid... When I figure it out, I'm sure "they" will already know... got to go someone is following me!
    LMFAO!!!! This is hilarious! And possibly true! One of my local radio stations always talks ish about the ipod/iphone because they are losing listeners and one of the things they say is "We heard your iPod has a tiny little camera in it that allows the government to watch and hear everything you do! KRAB radio doesn't care what you do. Take that iPod!" LOL
    Last edited by Troy_Hatton; 01-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.

hmm... i have the day off due to a snow emergency and am tempted to just update to pwned 2.2 since 2.2.1 doesn't really seem to do much. (i'm still on 2.1 and my iphone is running like crap)

is there a reason to wait for pwned 2.2.1?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Apple! You're amazing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoei View Post
    I have tried it on my officially unlocked 3G iPhone, u still can downgrade back from 2.2.1 to 2.2 Firmware but offcourse modem stay at 2.30.03.(which for officially unlocked iPhone, phone will still work) You can then jailbreak as usual. As for locked iPhone, can restore back to 2.2, jailbreak but phone function will not work.
    how so ? i tried to do it through Restore mode, holding shift while clicking the restore button selecting 2.2 etc etc and i get the 1013 error.

2.2.1 iphones can be jailbroken using pusher by rip dev!! quick every go use there sweet tool and get installer its world-famous
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    2.2.1 iphones can be jailbroken using pusher by rip dev!! quick every go use there sweet tool and get installer its world-famous
    how does this compare to pwnage? i've never tried pusher.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz

Thanks

Pusher doesn't jailbreak the phone, to my knowledge it only adds Installer, not Cydia.It's also only available for those using a Mac

can anyone tell me how to downgrade the iphone new version because it happends to me olso with a restore he puts the new update on my phone so can any one give me a hint how to do it and if it really works tnx

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    Pusher doesn't jailbreak the phone, to my knowledge it only adds Installer, not Cydia.It's also only available for those using a Mac
    yeah, i just read up on it a bit and it doesn't really seem worth it. i'll wait for pwnage to update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogboy View Post
    can anyone tell me how to downgrade the iphone new version because it happends to me olso with a restore he puts the new update on my phone so can any one give me a hint how to do it and if it really works tnx
    2.2.1 can not be downgraded, jailbroken/unlocked etc etc due to the baseband update.Just have to wait it out like the rest of us

Anyone notice a difference in cell signal? For some reason I'm not getting 3G in areas where I normall get them. I work in Glendale, CA.

Also does the new update help or hurt the signal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

-sigh- so i just bought my iPhone 3G from a 3rd party seller. I wasn't aware you can't use yellowsn0w with 2.2.1 so i upgraded and now i'm stuck on modem firmware 02.30.03. correct??

I just tried downgrading to 2.2 and my modem firmware is still 02.30.03.

when is the estimated date for the release of the updated quikpwn??

how long does it usually take for the update??

thanks,

Niko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post
    -sigh- so i just bought my iPhone 3G from a 3rd party seller. I wasn't aware you can't use yellowsn0w with 2.2.1 so i upgraded and now i'm stuck on modem firmware 02.30.03. correct??

I just tried downgrading to 2.2 and my modem firmware is still 02.30.03.

when is the estimated date for the release of the updated quikpwn??

how long does it usually take for the update??

thanks,

Niko
    could take a day could take a month for quikpwn to come out with new software to unlock the new firmware.Its just a waiting game really.

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

at least we can still downgrade if you upgrade accidentally

For the silly people who updated and want to go back to 2.2 - QuickPWN Forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    at least we can still downgrade if you upgrade accidentally

For the silly people who updated and want to go back to 2.2 - QuickPWN Forums
    works for the 1st gen iphone.

I know this isn't the "right" way to jailbrake your 1st gen iphone, but it works.

Before you update do the following:
    1. open quickpwn and click next and select the 2.2 firmware and wait for it to find it
    2. open itunes and update to 2.2.1
    3. after it restarts close itunes and go back to quickpwn and hit next
    4. select the packages you wish to install, and follow the prompts

If you follow these steps you will have cydia on your 2.2.1 firmware. All cydia packages are working so far.

Even if you can jailbreak your iPhone you will NOT be able to YellowSn0w if you update your baseband to 2.30.03 - it only works with 2.28.00 - so wait until a custom ipsw can be made with FW2.21 and BB 2.28.00
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have the 1st gen iphone so this method work for me because the BB is not updated on the 1st gen iphones

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast