Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 is OUT!

its just meant to break YellowSn0w. hahahaha safari fixes? yeah right. turn off javascript. mail images? WHAT EVER!!!!!! its a baseband update. thats it. meant to stiffle the jailbreak/unlock community. thats all
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    its just meant to break YellowSn0w. hahahaha safari fixes? yeah right. turn off javascript. mail images? WHAT EVER!!!!!! its a baseband update. thats it. meant to stiffle the jailbreak/unlock community. thats all
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGE View Post
    NO COPY PASTE YET?!!!!

how about we all mail bomb steve jobs' inbox until he gives us copy paste?
    I think he has other, more pressing matters to be concerned with right now.

---------------------------------

Holding my horses.

Default BS!
    I just updated to the new version, tried to save an image from my mailbox that wouldn't work with 2.2 and it still saves the images blurry. What the hell Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by oolatec View Post
    I think he has other, more pressing matters to be concerned with right now.

---------------------------------

Holding my horses.

agreed. like his LIFE! is jobs still even in charge?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm downloading the update since I'm not jailbroken nor unlocked. May dive into modding the phone, just not too sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwrx View Post
    I just updated to the new version, tried to save an image from my mailbox that wouldn't work with 2.2 and it still saves the images blurry. What the hell Apple?
    read my post. this update has ONE purpose.

Thanks

read his earlier post & I totally agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Just upgraded my factory unlocked 3g.... it remained unlocked still works on non supported carrier
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

i accendally updated. is there a way to downgrade or do i have to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by skitomcat1 View Post
    I love right when my iPhone is at that Godly level and they come out with a new update!!...Anyone kno easy ways to update but keep all your apps, themes, etc

took the words right out of my mouth. I am sooo tired of updates. Even with a brank spanking new PC/ Mac it still takes a while to put everything back on the phone, and thats not even all the jailbreak stuff. Dammit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Improved general stability of Safari
    For the 11th update in a row.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

too bad i just jailbroke my phone on 2.2, or else i would have updated to help out the ***ing community :P

Is there even anything in the update to make it worth it? I mean there still is no MMS and there still is no landscape typing in SMS or email and there is still no Copy and paste. Well at least there is none of that in the base firmware. You have to download stuff that only sometimes works. Stupid Apple! I sometimes think they just don't care about the user anymore!
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bane King View Post
    If you're using a first generation phone you should be able to DFU restore to 2.2. If you're on a 3G phone the baseband got updated and there's no telling if this baseband will be unlocked anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    Just upgraded my factory unlocked 3g.... it remained unlocked still works on non supported carrier
    Factory unlocked... did you really think there would be an alternative outcome?... haha.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 01-27-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    What is the best way to backup all the APPS, and Cydia resources that works on 2.2 FW
    AptBackup/AppBackup??
    Thanks all
    I have never gotten those to work. As a matter of fact, I have never even read a real success story of using those apps to restore your iphone and its jailbroken stuff. there seriously needs to be a tutorial on this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bane King View Post
    What did you accidentally upgrade? Was is an iPhone 2G or 3G or and iPod Touch? Regardless you will lose jailbroken apps until one of the pwnage tools is updated. If it's a 3G iPhone then I doubt you can downgrade since the baseband was updated in this release

Nothing big as states. Just wish we wouldve got a nice major update with the features we've been begging for since the 1st iPhone came out. But hey we've waited long enough so whats another year or so...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    Is there even anything in the update to make it worth it? I mean there still is no MMS and there still is no landscape typing in SMS or email and there is still no Copy and paste. Well at least there is none of that in the base firmware. You have to download stuff that only sometimes works. Stupid Apple! I sometimes think they just don't care about the user anymore!
    Dude, this a bug fix release... nothing more. Version numbers generally have 3 components and a release number in the form of X.Y.Z n. For example 3.2.1 5678 which means: major version 3, minor version 2, bug fix version 1 and build number 5678

A version number change of X.Y.0 - X.Y.1 etc means bug fix only. X.0.Z - X.1.Z means enhancements, some small additional features and bug fixes. 2.Y.Z - 3.Y.Z means major new features, enhancements sometimes even an overhaul of the operating system.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast