Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 is OUT!

I beat ya to it, Plus 2... JK, thanks though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

confucious (01-27-2009)

Damn. Finally decided to jailbreak tonight, and they release an update. If I click restore in iTunes (in preparation for using QuickPwn), will it automatically upgrade me or can I stick with 2.2.0?

@dhruvmalik - I've posted the links you gave on the Dev team blog as someone was asking. Hope you don't mind - I did credit you.

[Edit]Looks like they are bloking links there now - so i've just pointed them in the direction of modmyi ![/Edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 01-27-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

good timing! my phone has been running like total garbage lately and i've been thinking about restoring. as soon as they pwn this, i'll be taking the plunge!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Common Confucious, it's free info for all. I didn't do anything spectacular by posting the info. Thanks or the credit, that makes it 2 . Thanks for passing along the info as well. I hope most of the third party apps don't have compatibility issues.

Have just edited my post above - they're not allowing links there so I've pointed them here.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

Not even updated on Apple's website: Apple - iPhone - Software Update

Must not be that big of an update
    Last edited by Nick Z; 01-27-2009 at 02:38 PM.

It is only a 0.01 update so no biggy - only bug fixes so probably not something Apple want to shout about!

Just put a new battery in the iPhone, was thinking of restoring. Saved the double work. I'm DLing the update via edge on the phone since inet here is down. . Only 2 hours remaining.

Well my phone got messed up, i think when i took it out in the middle of a sync, so i have to restore anyways. boo.

Charles, I'd you click restore, it will look for the firmware on the system, then go ahead and download from the server if it's not found. Shift click and pressing restore will allow you to search for the ipsw file of your choosing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dhruvmalik For This Useful Post:

charles_hoop (01-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Is the 2G iphone baseband modified by this update?

i dont think the 2gs baseband is modified, it hasnt since the 3gs been released
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

help please new to this. I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and lost Cydia/installer but i am still unlocked. It solved my echo problem by upgrading but how do i get Cydia back?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I think one reason they made this update is that some people will upgrade and change there baseband and will not have an unlocked 3G for a while and Anyone with a jailbroken iPhone should not upgrade till the dev team works on jailbreaking the new firmware. I do not see any advantage to the new firmware. I am staying on 2.2.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sammie812 View Post
    help please new to this. I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and lost Cydia/installer but i am still unlocked. It solved my echo problem by upgrading but how do i get Cydia back?
    2.2.1 has not been jailbroken yet so you can't get Cydia until a new version of Quickpwn comes out. Stay tuned.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I confirm, 2g baseband stays the same (as suspected).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cprail For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (01-27-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still on 2.1 bc I don't want to lose all of my hard earned apps (and the fact that my computer is jacked).

Thanks

What's the over/under on 'Help! I accidentally upgraded!' posts?

NO COPY PASTE YET?!!!!

how about we all mail bomb steve jobs' inbox until he gives us copy paste?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast