+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [First Look] ZumoDrive for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
ZumoDrive takes things a step further than typical cloud storage with their iPhone application. Since I have already gone through ZumoDrive in detail tonight I'll just throw out the highlights
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default [First Look] ZumoDrive for iPhone

ZumoDrive takes things a step further than typical cloud storage with their iPhone application. Since I have already gone through ZumoDrive in detail tonight I'll just throw out the highlights of their iPhone app.

Features
    • Music is organized by Artist, Album etc so it is easily browsable. If 16gb isn't enough storage space for you just load your tunes up onto your ZumoDrive and for playing where ever you have your iPhone. Music plays over 3g just fine and you can even have some album art. .mp4 support needs to be added in but should be there soon.
    • The Pictures feature works much like their snazzy web interface automatically creating nice little slideshows to view from the iPhone.
    • You can view documents straight from you iPhone. Most all common file extensions work.
    • The interface is easy to use and self-explanatory (as show in the slideshow above).

What Needs to be Improved
    • AAC support.
    • Landscape mode for pictures and documents.
    • Not much else. The current app is very polished.

What I'd like to see
    • Movie streaming.
    • Document editing.
    • Email files via iPhone app.

The app isn't out yet but I'm sure the lucky 100 or so of us that have a copy are enjoying it thus far. When it hits the AppStore it will be a free download. ETA within a month unless something unexpected happens. To enter the beta of the normal service so you're already prepared when the iPhone app hits the AppStore click here.

Thanks

So far I like it on my PC's. It works great. Wish I was one of the 100 to have it on my iPhone. Hope it comes out soon.
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect for mac owners they already pay 70% more than they should for a crap computer. (Zumodrive is a fail)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doesn't allow usage in Bulgaria

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks cool

Green Apple
    Thanks

for those not available for beta ..
    use a webproxy ..
    to be clear Hide My ***! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously and then youll be able to download and use the 1 gb free plan.
    till they fix this ..

Thanks

Is there something out there like this that allows you to use your Own server?? That would be sweet since I have 3Tb of storage on my own domain!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know anybody who would stream music from their 3G service. We're not millionaires who can afford huge data plans. As for Wifi, this is pretty useful, however, choosing the server location would be much better.

Thanks
    Hey how did you make that slide show flash player on this post? its sick n i want it on my website. thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bless One View Post
    I don't know anybody who would stream music from their 3G service. We're not millionaires who can afford huge data plans. As for Wifi, this is pretty useful, however, choosing the server location would be much better.
    Who needs to be a millionaire? I pay 20/month for 900 minutes or 1800 texts or any combination of the two and 3Gb of data - plent for me to stream and doesn't break the bank.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"Sorry, ZumoDrive is currently not available for: Mexico"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have 20GB not being used that much with MobileMe, Apple should implement this into MobileMe, or if the ZumoDrive iPhone App could access my iDisk it would be sweet

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Who needs to be a millionaire? I pay 20/month for 900 minutes or 1800 texts or any combination of the two and 3Gb of data - plent for me to stream and doesn't break the bank.
    I wish I lived in the UK then!

Thanks

... you can't get an iphone on ATT without a data plan, and data plans cost the same regardless of usage, so care to explain what the flying fcuk ur talking about? i stream music over 3g constantly. last.fm's app and pandora are both pretty awesome over 3g.

as for ZumoDrive, i still fail to see what's special about this service vs. the umpteen other file cloud apps that are out there.. they all suck and don't allow 'real' access to the file system outside of the app's own folder. i'm still waiting for an app that will allow me to upload any file on the iphone to my ftp server so i could upload songs and pictures manually.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 01-27-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    ... you can't get an iphone on ATT without a data plan, and data plans cost the same regardless of usage, so care to explain what the flying fcuk ur talking about? i stream music over 3g constantly. last.fm's app and pandora are both pretty awesome over 3g.
    My carrier is Fido, and I actually "blocked" 3G data. I can only use internet related applications while in a wifi hotspot. Saves me money, and should be allowed for anybody in any carrier. Forcing data plans is pretty lame.

Thanks

Forcing data plans is pretty lame.
    Forcing data plans should be compulsory with a phone like this - but prices should be realistic - on O2 in the UK data is 7.50 or 10 with WiFi hotspots which isn't bad.

@reanimationxp - you assume everyone is in the USA on AT&T?

I'm in the UK on T-Mobile and I don't *think* I'm the only person not on AT&T....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er982 View Post
    Hey how did you make that slide show flash player on this post? its sick n i want it on my website. thanks
    I'm pretty sure it's made by the zumodrive site when you choose to embed one of your photo folders.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I have 20GB not being used that much with MobileMe, Apple should implement this into MobileMe, or if the ZumoDrive iPhone App could access my iDisk it would be sweet
    You'll want to check out OneDisk. It has iDisk support.