+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get "Real Time" Weather icon for your iPhone HomeScreen!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 Is anyone having issues with the latest version of the weathericon and Katra theme? No matter what I do my icon is always sunny. The temperature
    Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Is anyone having issues with the latest version of the weathericon and Katra theme? No matter what I do my icon is always sunny. The temperature and cloudiness is accurate but always sunny. I wish it was always sunny but its not correct.
    I had similar issues. My solution was to uninstall it, and manually remove com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences. Of course, a couple of reboots in between because this is a mobile-substrate app. Then reinstall ... and it works great.

BTW: No need to remove Katra

Thanks

Default Font Colour
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to change the default White Font Colour of the Temperature to a different colour?

My issue is that I am using Off White Icons and the White Text makes it difficult to read the temperature.

Thanks,
    Maj

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This thread is one month old, not sure anybody is checking. But I would like to report a crash-to-safe-mode issue that arose after installing Skype, then 2 MobileSubstrade updates, and lastly VOIP3G .. and subsequently uninstalling Skype and VOIP3G after problems arose.

For no apparent reason, My iPhone would crash to safe mode with Skpye and VOIP3G installed. Not frequently, but would hear the squeeky boot sound and notice it had crashed, maybe once every 2 days, but sometimes twice in 1 hour. It does not appear to be related to waking up.

I uninstalled VOIP3G and Skype and the occasional crash continued.

I enabled syslogd but did not notice anything specific with WeatherIcon in the crash log.

However, as a last resort, I turned off ALL WeatherIcon options (Settings/WeatherIcon - did not uninstall) and no more crashes.

It's been 5 days now without a crash. This is 2X+ longer then with WeatherIcon enable so I feel confident where the issue resides.

Anyone else see this issue? I love WeatherIcon and want it back. My next test (unless someone has a better idea) is to completely uninstall everything and reinstall. But I'm hoping there is an update or some other known issue that has already been addressed.

Thanks in advance.

Update 4/16: I completely uninstalled WeatherIcon ... including the .plist settings file .... and reinstalled. As a additional measure, I rebooted before and after. It appears this corrected the safe-mode-crashes from before. Thank goodness . Love WeatherIcon.
    Note: I have NOT reinstalled Skype or VOIP3G. Although Skype has been updated, I prefer WeatherIcon and a stable phone over Skype and ....
    Last edited by Mes; 04-16-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has this location changed - or are we supposed to create it? In either event it does not exist in 2.2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post

Opening the weather application every time to check the current weather has always been a big pain. I've always wanted something to display live weather on my home screen, though the Weather Widget did it, it occupied a lot of space on the home screen. But now, there's a utility on Cydia which lets your weather icon show the current weather. Though this can be battery consuming it's worth a try.

First of all, WinterBoard (which you can get from Cydia) is a must to install this tweak. Then, you can simply download this little hack named WeatherIcon from Cydia (in the MMi source) and activate it in the WinterBoard application (make sure you move it above any theme you have enabled on the phone so that it replaces the theme's weather icon).

The best feature of this tweak is that it automatically displays the weather of topmost location in your Weather application location list and even sets the locale to Celsius or Fahrenheit. If you remember back to the Weather Widget you had to set C or F yourself manually.

It comes with a default blue weather icon which replaces the current weather icon but this can be changed to a transparent one (download here) or anything else. For this, you need to have OpenSSH installed on your phone through Cydia and some SSH client like Cyberduck on your Mac or WinSCP on your PC. After that, follow the steps below.

1. Type in your IP address in the SSH client. For this, go to Settings --> Wi-Fi --> Your Network to get the IP Adress.

2. Then in username, fill "root" and in password type "alpine"

3. Then, naviagate to Library/Themes/Weather Icon.theme/Icons/ directory and replace Weather.png with the icon you want.

4. Respring or reboot for the changes to be visible.

The app also has another useful feature, that is, it displays the weather condition along with the temperature. For example, for cloudy weather, a cloud will appear on the icon.

You can get this utility off Cydia from the ModMyi.com source.

P.S. All the credit for development of this tool goes to the developer David Ashman. I have just created the guide.

UPDATE: I just noticed that if you deselect it in WinterBoard but do not remove in Cydia, the stock weather icon will overlay this one until you delete it from cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've beeen using this widget for many months.Upgraded it yesterday as it was prompted in Cydia ( as I remember 2.11) Unfortunately it crashed the SpringBoard. I've tried several times with
    respringing and hard reseting.No results. After installing the new version of WeatherIcon SB works in safe mode only.

Don't know if it is due to 2.2.1 that I still runs. But had to remove it completly after several tries..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I installed this on 3.0 and it seems to be working fine so far. Figured i would post for anyone else who was wondering if it worked on 3.0

Thanks for making this!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to taco-man For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (10-14-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taco-man View Post
    I installed this on 3.0 and it seems to be working fine so far. Figured i would post for anyone else who was wondering if it worked on 3.0

Thanks for making this!
    Same here. Its been updated for 3.0FW and works great!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilskaterpunk For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (10-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak? TheArthurShock's Avatar
    Thanks

Cheers for this! Works awesome...ly!

: )

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    For those desiring to NOT use Supreme Preferences and Winterboard, the attached /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist includes the switches (ShowStatusBarTemp and ShowStatusBarImage) needed to activate the status bar temperature and/or image. Works with WeatherIcon v1.8.7 & v1.8.10

HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>Celsius</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>Location</key>
    	<string>00000</string>
    	<key>OverrideLocation</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>RefreshInterval</key>
    	<integer>15</integer>
    	<key>ShowFeelsLike</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>ShowStatusBarImage</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>ShowStatusBarTemp</key>
    	<true/>
    	<key>UseLocalTime</key>
    	<false/>
    	<key>WeatherBundleIdentifier</key>
    	<string>com.apple.weather</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Notes:
    Simple true/false settings activates/deactivates options.
    To use a different location from the default Weather.app:
    -- Change OverrideLocation from false to true
    -- Change Location from 00000 to your zip code

Update to prior post: No 'SafeMode' crashes today
    does this still work?

I dont want to use winterboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No status bar image
    I have never been able to get a status bar image to display. Its not a big deal, but I try with the release of every new version. I have uninstalled, edited plist manually, used supreme prefs, rebooted, etc. Nothing causes an image to appear. Does anyone else actually have a status bar image? I don't believe it even exists.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdfu View Post
    I have never been able to get a status bar image to display. Its not a big deal, but I try with the release of every new version. I have uninstalled, edited plist manually, used supreme prefs, rebooted, etc. Nothing causes an image to appear. Does anyone else actually have a status bar image? I don't believe it even exists.
    Jailbreak iPhone
    Cydia
    Download Weather icon V2.2.3
    OPTIONAL STATUS BAR IMAGE: Download Katra-based weather icon or Illumine weather icon
    Restart springboard
    Enable Weather icon and either one (Katra or Illumine) in Winterboard
    Go into settings
    Turn on Iweather icon and turn on status bar image,temp, badge (ur choice) and any other settings u want.
    Go home to springboard and done!

Hope this is what u want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I downloaded this app and it works great except that the icon doesnt change with the weather. I get the temperature but its sunny all the time. it doesn't change to rain etc..etc... does anyone know how to fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckat238 View Post
    I downloaded this app and it works great except that the icon doesnt change with the weather. I get the temperature but its sunny all the time. it doesn't change to rain etc..etc... does anyone know how to fix this?
    Download Klear Weather Theme from Cydia and it should fix it. You might have to activate it on Winterboard but you don't have to keep it on for you weathericon to hcnage the weather.... Hope this helps...

Thanks

Default Icon help
    I am trying to make my own icons to match my theme. How can I fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Get "Real Time" Weather icon for your iPhone HomeScreen!-img_0275.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here's my gripe. Why give us the option to superimpose text on our choice of weather app icon when WeatherIcon gets weather information *ONLY* from the stock weather app which gets details from Yahoo? This means I cannot just open my weather app to change location. I either have to unhide the default weather app and change locations there or use the "override" feature.

It would be really cool if WeatherIcon actually supported getting weather information from whatever weather app one specifies in weathericon settings. Make sense if you ask me but I'm not the developer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How could you put your own picture for the weather (bigger picture i mean)

iPhone? More like MyPhone m3ta1he4d's Avatar
    Thanks

what's up guys? have a little problem here. my city is not available on my iPhone's default weather app. (powered by Yahoo Weather). any fix on how i can have my city's weather be displayed? thanks in advance..

Thanks

What's the theme for the icon? I need it
    Last edited by Fhsjaagshs; 11-09-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Failed post

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    EDIT oh, stupid me, lol i dint know that routers use same internal IP, how does that work with the www anyways?

Original
    why dose the poster of this article have the same IP adrees as my iphone (well its 1 of but that still means ur on my WIFI) mine is 192.168.1.2) or is it just possible that we are neughbours, i live in CA near sanfran
    192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x are internal (DHCP) IP addresses. They don't belong to the world wide web and only apply to LOCAL networks - like from your Linksys or Apple router to your home network. That network is connected to your ISP's router which uses an outside (STATIC) IP address.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Remove red temperature badge after iPhone has been unjailbroken?
    Hi all,

I've been running Weather Icon (using the red temperature alert badge over the stock iPhone app icon) for a while now, and today had to upgrade to 4.2.1 / unjailbreak due to work reasons. Other than the disappointment of losing all my jailbreak-based tweaks, I have one problem: the red Weather Icon badge still appears over the native Weather app icon. Now that I have no menu in Settings letting me change Weather Icon settings, how can I remove the badge from the icon? Rebooting doesn't help...

iPhone 4 running 4.2.1, by the way.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.