Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get "Real Time" Weather icon for your iPhone HomeScreen!

ok i got it, i just replaced bg day and night. I thought it was like the last update where i could just put in the weather.png and change the bg. thanks

Ok now im having a new problem. I just updated through cydia and now it doesnt show an icon. It shows the temp but no icon. I cant even see it in winterboard anymore. Anyone else having this problem??

I tried reinstalling it and nothing. Is there anything else i can do??
    Last edited by tellytel; 02-18-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have to install the katra weather icon.

yeah im an idiot, i just read the change log. thanks

no prob. Looks like we can theme the status bar with weather info. That should be cool.

how can i get weather in my status bar?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's what I'm trying to figure out myself

I got it on my lock screen by installing katra weather, it looks pretty cool
    Last edited by dooley19; 02-19-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is really cool, I love the changes you can make.
    I have live clock (or whatever they renamed it..) and the live wx is really fun..

Thanks all..

the new upgrade from today did not work, why? After upgrade to 1.8.4 i receive simply icone
    Last edited by Fataha; 02-19-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by vannmann View Post
    how can i get weather in my status bar?
    Wondering that myself. I found a little documentation on the developers Google code page but couldnt get anything change.

http://david.ashman.com/weathericon/

Also found this on that site: NOTE: I highly recommend installing iMario's Supreme Preferences. It includes screens for configuring WeatherIcon directly in the iPhone Settings app.

One last comment. Installed Supremem Preferences and configured and it WORK GREAT!! Just have to fix carrier logo.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 02-19-2009 at 08:22 AM.

TheOrioles33
    Can you upload this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fataha View Post
    TheOrioles33
    Can you upload this?
    Upload what my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Upload what my friend?
    The theme icone weather for desctopbar

The theme icone weather for desctopbar
    Actually, if you install SupremePreferences from Cydia, you can activate the weather on the status bar. Is that what you want?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

drgopoos (02-22-2009), Fataha (02-20-2009)

What is the folder path to change the icons? (springboard, not status bar)

**Nevermind, found it here: {THEME}/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    Last edited by F4i4Brian; 02-19-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just installed 1.8.4. Nice

The installed preference file located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist is significantly different from the documentation at weathericon - Google Code.

Shouldn't the default plist include all those configuration items in the code page?

An updated preference documentation is desired for those not using Supreme Preferences.

I am upgrade weatherlive and dont find the folder in System\liblary\Themes why? after update i receive siply iphone icone

Actually, if you install SupremePreferences from Cydia, you can activate the weather on the status bar. Is that what you want?

this mod change my Carier logo, why? i do not need this , as i can change it back to my png logo again?
    Last edited by Fataha; 02-20-2009 at 10:58 AM.

I am upgrade weatherlive and dont find the folder in SystemliblaryThemes why? after update i receive siply iphone icone

this mod change my Carier logo, why? i do not need this , as i can change it back to my png logo again?
    You need to install one of the WeatherIcon icon sets. Search Cydia for "weathericon" and you should see a few there. After installing, go into your Winterboard settings and enable the icon set.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Will For This Useful Post:

Fataha (02-20-2009)

I had it before to the upgrade to 1.8 4 , upgrade deleted my previous folder wich icone, maybe you know why?

Thanks

Actually i can't find this option in Supreme Preferences The changelog says that you can achieve it with changed com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist but program do you use to open a plist and change it?? (i have got windows xp)

If you want to request an icon, first take a look at this www.marcovanveelen.nl/Orbz to see if your icon isn't already made. If you want the most up-to-date icon package, also check out this website! It's a really ingenious website (tnx to mvveelen)!!

Make sure to thank 1hihum (Uploader/iconmaker/Creative mind), JoOosty (Uploader/Iconmaker), Runt (Iconmaker), MrBoss (Iconmaker/Moviemaker), mvveelen (Iconmaker, Website hoster) and last but not least H0ckey (Does Not Need Introduction)! And special thanks to everybody else I forgot to mention, Sorry!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoOosty View Post
    Actually i can't find this option in Supreme Preferences The changelog says that you can achieve it with changed com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist but program do you use to open a plist and change it?? (i have got windows xp)
    pledit.exe is a good program for small sized plist files. Google it, very easy to find.

However, as I posted earlier, the installed plist does not match the code page listing.... not even close.

I tried adding the many areas that are missing ... but nothing changes. Personally, I think the code page directions is 'out of date'.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast