Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get "Real Time" Weather icon for your iPhone HomeScreen!

big thanks to keda51.your post above helped solve my problem

Found my problem, I don't read enough

UPDATE: I just noticed that if you deselect it in WinterBoard but do not remove in Cydia, the stock weather icon will overlay this one until you delete it from cydia.

thanks. i love my springboard now.

Quote Originally Posted by RWADE View Post
    Found my problem, I don't read enough

UPDATE: I just noticed that if you deselect it in WinterBoard but do not remove in Cydia, the stock weather icon will overlay this one until you delete it from cydia.
    Im pretty sure that should be fixed in the next update...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This works great, but it's showing the wrong weather icon, if I had to guess it's showing the nighttime images instead of the day time. (there's a moon on it during the day)

Look forward to a fix, hopefully I'm not the only one getting this.

Update: The image that's wrong is 'weather34_night.png', as I find more I will let you know.

Update 2: Found weather codes and matched them to the images, fixed a few of them, now seems to be ok.
    Last edited by baldeagle; 01-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks

Can somebody post the original weatherbg_cloudy , weatherbg_day and weatherbg_night icons. It's a bit weird, but when i download the theme from cydia, i directly get the orbz icons (old style). But i want to create the new style orbz icons, so i need the original ones. Can sombody do that? thanks!

If you want to request an icon, first take a look at this www.marcovanveelen.nl/Orbz to see if your icon isn't already made. If you want the most up-to-date icon package, also check out this website! It's a really ingenious website (tnx to mvveelen)!!

Make sure to thank 1hihum (Uploader/iconmaker/Creative mind), JoOosty (Uploader/Iconmaker), Runt (Iconmaker), MrBoss (Iconmaker/Moviemaker), mvveelen (Iconmaker, Website hoster) and last but not least H0ckey (Does Not Need Introduction)! And special thanks to everybody else I forgot to mention, Sorry!

Is there a way to make the cons bigger in size without overlaying the temp??

Is it just me or is the background of the weather icon now a different shade of blue than the stock icon? I was kind of hoping for the regular blue icon during the day, and the purple shaded icon for at night, just like the colors of the weather app itself...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it possible to associate the live weather icon with another weather app.

Sorry, I'm a newbie, but I think I have everything right.
    Downloaded the app, went to Winterboard and enabled weather Icon and moved up to the top of the list - rebooted - still see nothing on the weather icon.
    What's the weather icon selection in Supreme Preferences?

Ah ha, found out that it doesn't work with the Glass Two template - any thoughts?

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Birchy; 02-10-2009 at 12:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone having any issues with the latest update 1.7.7? It won't display live weather. 1.7.6 worked fine, then just today, I updated to 1.7.7, and it stopped displaying I tried rebooting, reinstalling, and it won't work. I have it listed first in Winterboard, so it should load first, and not interfere with any of my themes.

I'm also having an issue with 1.7.7, although slightly different. I can see the weather & temp, but can't make the background transparent so I can use it with the icon from Glass Two. This worked with 1.7.6.

Quote Originally Posted by F4i4Brian View Post
    I'm also having an issue with 1.7.7, although slightly different. I can see the weather & temp, but can't make the background transparent so I can use it with the icon from Glass Two. This worked with 1.7.6.

i was having the same issue with Letsee theme...i downloaded the klear weather icon from cydia, then backed up the folders and path, created a new folder and copies all the backed up files into that, changed the weatherbd_day.png and _night.png

On your next update, can you make an option for an invisible bg?? gets a little old having to get into the phone just to change it after every update.

Now im having trouble getting the bg to disappear. The clear icon isnt working??

anyone figure out how to make the bg transparent?? I can't get it to work with the blank png

That theme is sweet

anyone figure out how to make the background transparent yet??

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    anyone figure out how to make the background transparent yet??
    Do you mean the background icon? Do you want it to look like the attached image? If so, replace the PNG files attached in your weathericon.themes.

Looks like I didnt quite erase the whole icon. You can see some residual in the images I posted. You can just open them and finsih erasing. You dont see it with my black background but it may show up in another theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 02-18-2009 at 08:17 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

lilskaterpunk (02-18-2009)

@TheOrioles33
    It works find for me, been using the transparent background since day one

Mine was working until the last update. The transparent icons that once worked have a different name. The attached images are the new names. I guess others were wondering what to change they changed to. I think. They could be talking about something totally different.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast