Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get "Real Time" Weather icon for your iPhone HomeScreen!

looks cool other than the battery drain

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Strange!? I have both of it too with out problems. Works as a charm. Hmmmm.....
    Try this plist. Find the file Library/Themes/Weather Icon.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist on your iPhone or iPod Touch. (but u have to change locations by edit it ur self, I have set it to update every 45 minutes)
    For more "educating"/information --> WeatherIcon - Updating Weather Icon (Updated…scroll down) | Apple iPhone School
    Make sure you have the latest version (1.4.2). The configuration files have been moved since Apple iPhone School wrote that page.

I've been trying to install this but I can't find it anywhere in cydia !!!
    Can you please tell me if there's a special repository I must have installed because I can't find it.

Thanks.

where is the link to make the background transparent from black?

this is awesome! love it for the morning time. Thanks!

very cool app, now here's a question, i hate the standard weather and like to use fizz weather. Is there a way I can make this ride over top of the fizz weather icon?

For some reason the source won't go thru on cydia it starts to install then crashes any solutions guys????????

Quote Originally Posted by methias_laan View Post
    For some reason the source won't go thru on cydia it starts to install then crashes any solutions guys????????
    Install through Cydia and MMI repo. Refresh, refresh and refresh ur lists until it loads. Try removing a repo source then add it again and refresh, u should see it somewhere in the lists on Cydia. For me it took a while to keep refreshing and finally everything showed!

Anyone notice what the update does?

Where is the link to make the icon transparent? I cant seem to find it.

Great widget, but why did it add three different items to Winterboard? I have "Weather Icon" "Weather Icon Background" and "Smoog Weather" at the top of the list.

Also, FWIW, I use the Vending Machine theme and the temp is now on my weather icon without having any of the above three items checked in Winterboard.

ugh, now I have to jailbreak my phone again.

what is smoog weather?

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    what is smoog weather?
    Ya, what is "Weather Icon Background" and "Smoog Weather" do???

Quote Originally Posted by lilskaterpunk View Post
    Ya, what is "Weather Icon Background" and "Smoog Weather" do???
    t background changes the icon color to blue = day, black= night to match the weather.

Smoog I have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    t background changes the icon color to blue = day, black= night to match the weather.

Smoog I have no idea?
    Same as the other backgroud, but with a Smoog icon look. I use Smoog, so I'm partial to including that theme (mostly as example).

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Great widget, but why did it add three different items to Winterboard? I have "Weather Icon" "Weather Icon Background" and "Smoog Weather" at the top of the list.

Also, FWIW, I use the Vending Machine theme and the temp is now on my weather icon without having any of the above three items checked in Winterboard.
    Yes, right now it displays the temp no matter if you have a theme or not, for the non-winterboard people. I've gotten lots of feedback that some people would prefer to manually replace the weather icon and just have the extension write the temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    very cool app, now here's a question, i hate the standard weather and like to use fizz weather. Is there a way I can make this ride over top of the fizz weather icon?
    Yes, take a look at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist. You can change the bundle identifier to the Fizz Weather one and it'll put the icon on top of that app.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 01-28-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am having a problem with mine, it almost looks like it is trying to display two temperatures at once. I tried going in and deleting the other cities so I only have 1 but the problem still persists, i have reinstalled the app and rebooted. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by RWADE View Post
    I am having a problem with mine, it almost looks like it is trying to display two temperatures at once. I tried going in and deleting the other cities so I only have 1 but the problem still persists, i have reinstalled the app and rebooted. any ideas?
    What do you have checked in Winterboard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It didnt occur to me that the hook pulls the icon from that background theme. as soon as I saw it I deleted it since I have my custom icon in my theme. The new update ignores the winterboard icon hook for the weather app.
    You HAVE to have that Weather Icon Background theme to use a custom icon, and you have to put your custom icons in that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by RWADE View Post
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 01-29-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Themed Background fix for WeatherIcon 1.5.6 update.
    New WeatherIcon update on Cydia makes default icon show through.

I figured out a fix.

After updating a new theme folder is added called Weather Icon Background.theme.

I made blank 60x60 icons and named them weatherbg_day.png and weatherbg_night.png and replaced them for the ones in the Weather Icon Background.theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard.

In winterboard have Weather Icon Background.theme checked, but drag it below every other theme.

Below are two .png to replace those in Weather Icon Background.theme.
    Hopefully this is helpful to those that haven't figured it out yet.

Attachment 184451<---image is invisible to the left

Attachment 184461<---image is invisible to the left

For those that can't find the Images from links above, here is my original post.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...ml#post3210681

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast