+ Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Copy Paste on iPhone with Clippy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
why is everyone getting this app and i cant? I have the sources installed required
    Thanks

why is everyone getting this app and i cant? I have the sources installed required

Thanks

works well on BiteSMS,

As some have mentioned you have to be in text edit mode for it to work, this can be done by begining to forward a message you recieve in SMS (assuming your not using the apple SMS) or Email you can then copy and paste into another application

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    If your sure iSpazio is in your sources properly you can browse the list of apps under Cydias manage sources option.

If you still cannot see it it might be related to how you set up cydia try changing your setting under using the settings in the Manage tab and set it to view Hacker (+ command Line) just a thought that this might be your problem as it does screen certain apps from view dependant on how you set cydia up
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-21-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

thurman (01-21-2009)

oo3
    Thanks

I'm having this problem too. My friend found it in the changes section, but I can't find it anywhere. I tried searching for Clippy, I went to manage, then sources and checked out all apps in my iSpazio source and also checked the changes but nothing to be found.

I'm so sad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

thurman (01-21-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus54 View Post
    I can confirm that this app does not work with Beejive which is a shame cause the app works wonderfully otherwise. Also, you can drag across text if done quickly. If your finger is down for a few seconds it will begin the copy/highlighting.
    it works fine in beejive,,, i just used it there...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I'm having this problem too. My friend found it in the changes section, but I can't find it anywhere. I tried searching for Clippy, I went to manage, then sources and checked out all apps in my iSpazio source and also checked the changes but nothing to be found.

I'm so sad.

Me 2 what gives... i have cydia set to developer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spitcoff For This Useful Post:

thurman (01-21-2009)

Thanks
    I can't find it I did a search and everything. Help Cydia is yet simple and abit confusing at times.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangersnert View Post
    When in SMS you cant see the enter field the copy and paste covers it. not really a big deal unless you want to copy something from there.
    Just back out one screen into your list of SMS recipients and go back in.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

thurman (01-21-2009)

Thanks
    I just did a essential upgrade and I found it. Make sure that Cydia is up to date before doing this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thurman For This Useful Post:

spitcoff (01-21-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    Am I missing a step ? I downloaded the app from Cydia on a 3G 2.2 Jailbroken phone it says instal complete and I do see it listed under packages but do not get a copy or paste icon above my keyboards in email, text , notes or anything ?
    The copy/paste icons only appear in the 123 keyboard.

Thanks

essential upgrade worked thanks

Je5
    Thanks

it works with MySMS but you can forward on the SMS already but for everything else its pretty sweet.!!!

yeah there was APT upgrade in cydia and you have to make sure that the Cydia is up to date and you should be able to search for "clippy" and you will find it...

its also comes up when you hit the 123 button...that brings up the copy/paste option...
    hope that helps
    Last edited by Je5; 01-21-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dont be that guy..!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If this were to go up on the app store for $.99 the author would be rich. Unfortunately apple would never allow it since it points out an obvious shortcoming in the iPhone. Just like how they remove any negative comments about them or their products on the official forums.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default message line disappears
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

What is the #1 most important basic feature that the iPhone has been lacking since day one? Copy & Paste. Yes it is more important than MMS; everyone would benefit from some nice copy/paste action (which is standard on nearly every other smartphone on the market). As of just a couple short hours ago the dream has come one step closer to reality with a Cydia app named Clippy.

Clippy is a new native app (not a web app) that allows you to copy paste between the stock iPhone applications like Mail, Safari, Notes, etc. While it doesn't work with some AppStore apps (it does however work in twitterverse & ireal) and you can only copy paste when you are editing txt it is a good step in the right direction.

To use you first need to be in the txt editor mode on the iPhone. In this case we're replying to an email. First drag the cursor over the text you want to copy, press the ".?123" button and select copy. Next move to whatever other app you'd like where you can edit text, press the ".?123" button again, and select paste.

Unfortunately you must have have the keyboard up to be able to copy/paste. This means if you want to copy from an email you received into a txt message you first have to hit reply to the email so you get a text editor so you can copy. I can come up with other examples but you get the idea. You also no can no longer drag the cursor between words/letters in text because now it just highlights for copy. Clippy also doesn't seem to be working for many third-party apps yet -- hit-n-miss for which apps it will work with.

Even though Clippy needs to be developed further to be more feature-rich and better integrated it does something that nothing else has (not counting web apps) so far by allowing you to copy paste between Apple applications on the iPhone. This is the closest anyone has come with the most potential to be improved into a viable copy/paste solution.

Great work so far by app dev Ryan Petrich! We look forward to improvements in the future!

Clippy is available via Cydia. Just refresh and search for "clippy."
    Yup Cydia. Apple's limitations don't allow this sort of thing on the AppStore.

thx billchase2 for the tip
    Umm When i touch the 123 pad the message line is hidden so i can't see the numbers i am typing 'cos they are hidden by 'copy paste'tabs. Otherwise it's great to see somebody is thinking.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah that numbers are hidden but only in sms app.

I also noticed a cool byproduct of using clippy in emails.

Now you can select a whole paragraph and click backspace, it will delete it all at once.
    Like when you are forwarding an email but want to leave out some extra things in the body of it.

Also does anyone know where the images for the buttons for the copy and paste are stored?
    I am using black artwork keyboard and would like to edit clippy to match.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd75 View Post
    yeah that numbers are hidden but only in sms app.

I also noticed a cool byproduct of using clippy in emails.

Now you can select a whole paragraph and click backspace, it will delete it all at once.
    Like when you are forwarding an email but want to leave out some extra things in the body of it.

Also does anyone know where the images for the buttons for the copy and paste are stored?
    I am using black artwork keyboard and would like to edit clippy to match.
    Yea I'm loving the highlighting feature alone. I think this app can only get better.

Btw for SMS, I just type what I want, highlight it, then click copy. Then I can paste as I please.

Great app.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

clippy is incompatible with swirly mms for me. anybody else have this issue?

Thanks

thats cool for open beta cant wait to see it when its all done!!! it truly is one step closer to being the the best thing ever for this phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spitcoff View Post
    essential upgrade worked thanks
    how do i do an essential upgrade?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

how do i do an essential upgrade?
    When you open up Cydia it should tell you that there is an essential upgrade available. If you already did it than you wont get the message.
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    When you open up Cydia it should tell you that there is an essential upgrade available. If you already did it than you wont get the message.
    ok..Ive changed users, looked in ispazio apps and still nothing