+ Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Copy Paste on iPhone with Clippy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious That's a bit different - when I searched for clippy all I get is clippy, clippy SBSettings Toggle and clippy Search and I thought that's what
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's a bit different - when I searched for clippy all I get is clippy, clippy SBSettings Toggle and clippy Search and I thought that's what he was referring too.

If you are seeing different versions could it be because you have added different sources - some of whom have old versions?Mine is on iSpazio (System) - which sources are you using?
    Were you searching on your phone or on this website? I got the same thing you listed above on my phone but on the website I got three different Clippy apps that showed up. It really doesnt matter because either way I'm sure if you tried to get the older version app it will probably direct you to the most recent version. I have been playing around with Clippy, is there any kind of tutorial available? I cant get it to copy something from the internet (safari) and paste it into an email or text. Anyone know how to do this, if it can be done? And I saw the previous post with screenshots that said you had to have the text editior up (the keyboard) in order for it to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

version. am running is clippy 0.96-1 and some how its not working and i do have hclipboard and it's working find. it looks like that clippy would be much faster and EZer to do. i have looked on computer and phone in cydia.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titus806 View Post
    how can i remove hclipboard. from my phone for i can use clippy??? maybe thats why its not working????maybe
    Clippy and hClipboard co-existed fine on my iPhone, even though I've since gotten rid of Clippy.

Thanks

Copy and Paste is in FW3.0 - it's official!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yea Just saw it.
    When do you think it will be released?

Thanks

My guess is with a new iPhone so June/July.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Copy and Paste is in FW3.0 - it's official!
    Thats sweet! Its about time

Thanks

Looks like CLIPPY and HCLIPBOARD bites the dust in the 3.0 firmware. I guess it was good while it lasted.lol :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    Looks like CLIPPY and HCLIPBOARD bites the dust in the 3.0 firmware. I guess it was good while it lasted.lol :-)
    Does Apple's copy&paste offer a clipboard? I don't think Apple's implementation necessarily needs to kill Clippy/hClipboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    Does Apple's copy&paste offer a clipboard? I don't think Apple's implementation necessarily needs to kill Clippy/hClipboard.
    You're right, and besides, who would want to wait for another half year or so when you can use these tools right now?
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    Good point. A clipboard would be more ideal than just 1 item at a time... So i guess its safer to say its only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    You're right, and besides, who would want to wait for another half year or so when you can use these tools right now?
    Right. I'm still using them right now as well but isn't only a matter of time after the summer?

Don't get me wrong, I love clippy, but now that its CCP is going to be native it kinda defeats the purpose right? How many of us are using Magic Pad? Are we using any alternate calenders? Just throwing a thought or two out there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone tried the new Clippy add ons - Clippy Dial and Clippy scroll?

Can't figure out how clippy dial works and Clippy scroll crashed everytime I try to scroll

In fact with the new addons, Clippy crashed the 2nd time i try to copy something from a webpage

updated to 0.97-2

press and hold on "123" brings up pop up screen. do that the 2nd time = CRASH
    Last edited by ifini; 03-20-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    updated to 0.97-2

press and hold on "123" brings up pop up screen. do that the 2nd time = CRASH
    0.97-2 is the buggiest version yet, on my iPhone. It rarely works. In text fields, copy-paste works most of the time. In Safari, the popup only says "Stack". In App Store apps it does nothing.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    0.97-2 is the buggiest version yet, on my iPhone. It rarely works. In text fields, copy-paste works most of the time. In Safari, the popup only says "Stack". In App Store apps it does nothing.
    That sux! I just updated, well see how it goes...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

Just updated to 0.97-3.... Fingers crossed..... So far so good

Thanks

In 0.97-3 on my phone it works most of the time. Not in Cydia and some App Store apps, but in most other situations it does. EDIT: In the App Store itself, Clippy can only copy the application names, but not any text from the descriptions. I'd say it works with about 3/4ths of the apps I have tried.

One more round of bugfixing and they have created a really great way to copy-paste. I think it is no coincidence that the copy-paste function Apple put in firmware 3.0 looks a lot like Clippy: it's a typical Apple-style, user-friendly implementation.
    Last edited by Jim Danner; 03-22-2009 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks

0.97-4: more or less the same performance as 0.97-3. No luck in Cydia and some App Store apps, and in App Store it copies app names but not any other text -- though it did, once.

I have disabled the activation through the 123-button because simply clicking and holding inside the text also brings up the popup menu. Like it even better this way, completely intuitive. And have set the delay to 0.70s so it's become quite efficient. I really hope they manage to make it work everywhere.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it me or are these new updates for Clippy making it even worse? The popup just randomly starts showing when I haven't even touched the screen, it's being doing it a lot lately. I've increased the time aswell but still doesn't make a difference.
    Apple might add a clipboard in the final version of 3.0, you never know.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Is it me or are these new updates for Clippy making it even worse? The popup just randomly starts showing when I haven't even touched the screen, it's being doing it a lot lately. I've increased the time aswell but still doesn't make a difference.
    Same here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Same here.
    Im with ya guys, its getting annoying!