Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Copy Paste on iPhone with Clippy

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jahf View Post
    Wow. 10 minutes later and unless hClipboard suddenly bombs on me (or ends up being more of an issue for memory) I've definitely converted for now. Thanks
    I haven't had one problem with hClipboard as far as bombing or anything else.

can you actually get the neon theme on your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's a new update. It looks like Clippy finally works again. Hooray!

Haven't really run into the problem with the menu constantly popping up yet so we'll see. The only problem I'm noticing so far is that when you drag the cursor the magnifying glass doesn't go away until you type something again. No big deal with that though I guess.

EDIT: Actually looks like that magnifying glass problem I had was just my phone lagging. I quit that application and now it's working just as usual. The new pop-up menu is a lot nicer than the old style. Also if you close the menu without copy/cut/pasting text, it automatically deletes the selection. Convenient!
    Last edited by savageboredom; 03-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Going to update now, will see how it works

After i updated my iphone to 2.2 and reinstalled this app it doesnt show up anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit : nvm. you have to hold 123 to get it.
    Last edited by CHUISTER; 03-07-2009 at 04:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

ok I love the new style of this new update it looks way nicer and cleaner but now I cant seem to get it to work in safari is it not supposed to ? I thought the update said it has web support ....?

how do i install it on iphone and pls help

I don't get why hClipboard never caught wind. It is more stable, less annoying, hasn't needed so many updates, and is currently better than Clippy.

I just don't like having the international keyboard symbol there. Makes hitting 123 button harder.

And clippy is not annoying anymore.

I used to be able to invoke Clippy by pressing and holding an email or SMS header. It doesnt seem to do it anymore. Does the latest update work for anyone as far as that goes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I used to be able to invoke Clippy by pressing and holding an email or SMS header. It doesnt seem to do it anymore. Does the latest update work for anyone as far as that goes?
    Sorry what do you mean by header? I just tried holding on an email and text message from the inbox and it invoked the new clippy menu.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to carlbgc For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (03-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    I just don't like having the international keyboard symbol there. Makes hitting 123 button harder.
    I'd never really thought about it. I also have the Emoji keyboard enabled, even though I have never used it!

I'd rather have a seperate key to press rather than have to press and hold a key which seems such a waste of time.

Guess it just goes to prove you can't please everyone! Lucky we have such a good choice
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Yeah, I probably use copy and paste about once a week, but do heaps of typing, so having something that's totally out of the way untill you need it like clippy is ideal.

Hclipboard is great too, but that damn globe symbol... :$

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Sorry what do you mean by header? I just tried holding on an email and text message from the inbox and it invoked the new clippy menu.
    I mean the listing of the emails before you actually click on it to open it. Glad its still working after the update. I cant seem to get it working in any app. The tap-pause-drag technique is working. Now I need to figure out why the other way isnt working. This should be fun! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sramaiya View Post
    how do i install it on iphone and pls help
    Jailbreak ur iPhone, browse Cydia and download Clippy. Very easy

Is anyone else having an issue with invoking Clippy while tapping and holding an SMS or email?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 03-08-2009 at 01:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes im having the same problem? Had to remove it, when double taping to highlight it freezes my Quick SMS, wont allow to hit send button, have to reboot any time i want to copy/paste. hClipboard seems to be working fine though.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tyson1749 For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (03-09-2009)

I also like having a separate button to invoke copy/paste. Holding a button takes longer than tapping. As for the globe making it harder to press 123, it doesn't make it hugely smaller but I admit it takes a little brain training to make sure you press the right one for what you want to do.

Default I found out why clippy doesnt copy in email and SMS in the table view...
    So if you have anything in the stack, so any previously copied messages or anything is in the stack it will not give you the pop up to do another copy. As soon as you clear out the stack it works again and you can copy an email and/or sms. But as soon as you copy one thing you cant copy again. If anyone has found a fix or anything please speak up! You can correct if I'm wrong, but this is what I noticed from playing around with my iphone and clippy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed hClipboard on my iPhone, but I don't know how it works. Please, anyone, help!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast