Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Copy Paste on iPhone with Clippy

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

OHhhhhhhh there we go I figured it out ok the 123/abc button press and HOLD it then a prompt comes up asking if u want to copy and paste which I think is a lot cooler cause now it doesnt cover anything like it used too .... i am going to try this in safari now see if it works I noticed that in email before opening the email if i press and hold it i can copy the entire email.

Playing with this thing further Safari still doesn't seem to work, but pasting works just fine when you press and hold the 123 button it will say Stack and Copy press stack then click what you want to paste then it will enter into the field. So far seems to be a much better solution for copy and paste as it isn't in your face for copy and paste so you bring it up only when you need it which i love. Though disappointing as this still doesn't work in Safari unless the bookmarklet im using (for hclipboard) doesn't work with clippy and theres an alternative?
    Last edited by iChopPryde; 02-17-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Guys, for pasting just go to the stack and press on the item that you want to paste from the list. It'll do the job. Works for me!

Thanks

Also noticed when in Safari when pressing and holding 123 safari crashes!

wasnt it able to paste into safari before the update?

Thanks

past yes copy no only in the address bar but not actual text on a website.

Also noticed they added the ability to Cut

Cut
    Copy
    Paste
    Stacks

Also new ability to Search just updated in Cydia .... though still troubles with Safari anyone get it to work with Safari?
    Last edited by iChopPryde; 02-17-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When Clippy is able to copy text within Safari text fields then I will re-download it. Until then, hClipboard will do a great job.

Default Clippy v0.95-4
    Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    Also noticed when in Safari when pressing and holding 123 safari crashes!
    Same with me here. It works fine with SMS. And a new Add-on Search is there, though I still need time to figure out how it works.

Seems that the author has released several versions of update today. Waiting for a perfect fix.

I like this version of clippy MUCH better, the GUI seems much more in line with the OS's GUI. Everything works properly with the exception of Safari. Copy/Paste etc. works in the address field, but Safari crashes when attempting to use Clippy in any text field within Safari itself.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet update. Took me a while to notice you have to hold 123 instead. Anything that when touched ie' if the "blue bar" when touching an option appears, you can copy the whole text which is pretty cool, eg in email, before opening the email you can copy the whole email without first forwarding it Yay! Don't need to wait for SMS forwarding anymore.

Safari doesn't seem to crash for me, maybe the iPhones not got enough memory, a lot of my apps start to crash after a bit if I don't reboot the iPhone every often or so.

I've been using Clippy for hours trying to get the "Clippy has expired" error to come up but so far it's working fine. Does this mean the developer will start charging for this keyboard add-on? Too good to be free anyway.

If Apple allowed add-ons like this in the App Store, the iPhone would be even more awesome . Does anyone know how to change the highlight colour from grey to blue or yellow or some other colour? A suggestion for the dev maybe???
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 02-17-2009 at 10:19 AM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone keda51's Avatar
    Thanks

Crashing Safari when trying to hold 123 to open stack in a text field also.

it crashes in safari for me as well.

however, i did learn a lot by reading the past couple pages of this thread. i had no idea where the copy/paste went... then i learned about the stacks and holding the 123 button.

what's the search plugin about? what does it do?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Safari crashes for me when the text field is on a web page.

The address bar and Google search field work fine and don't crash Safari.

Yeah, definitely a new bug with Clippy. Safari crashes when holding 123.

What I would like to see is a way to copy text from a website in Safari, not just text fields. The bubble doesn't come up when you double-tap and hold.

Also, I've noticed it is not possible to copy/paste from the subject field in an email that you are creating, even though I can get the bubble to come up, it doesn't highlight text. It only works on the body of the email.

Also, the author should consider posting notes in Cydia about what has changed in the new versions posted. I thought Clippy had stopped working until I came here and discovered that now you have to hold 123 to get the options to come up. This should've been mentioned in Cydia.
    Last edited by bobolito; 02-17-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet, but if you go to the Calendar, tap on an event, then tap and hold on the box that has the event name, date, and time, the Clippy Copy/Stack/Close dialogue will appear.

Aggravating that everytime I try to delete an email that clippy pops up instead. I miss the previous interface, It was much easier for me... hmm... Poll anyone??

And if you press on a received SMS bubble, it will copy the whole SMS and use it for forwarding. Sweet!

But still crash in Safari. I have to use hClipboard at the same time for entering user names, but hClipboard prohibits me to store passwords (which is good for security anyhow).

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    Aggravating that everytime I try to delete an email that clippy pops up instead. I miss the previous interface, It was much easier for me... hmm... Poll anyone??
    I'm not sure why it's doing that for you. I have to swipe my finger a couple of times on the same email in order to get clippy to come up. It does not conflict with my ability to delete emails.
    Last edited by bobolito; 02-17-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Tap and hold to copy an email.

Quote Originally Posted by bobolito View Post
    Also, the author should consider posting notes in Cydia about what has changed in the new versions posted. I thought Clippy had stopped working until I came here and discovered that now you have to hold 123 to get the options to come up. This should've been mentioned in Cydia.
    I second that emotion.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Ugh, the damn overlay keeps popping up when holding your finger on any sort of list (iPod) for even a short length of time. I uninstalled it. A lot of unnecessary changes were made to this app in this version. There is no reason for the tap-and-hold deal.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast