Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Features Exposed to the World !?!

Thanks

Exclamation iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Features Exposed to the World !?!

Apple has not launched a new firmware for quite sometime (not even a small update) since the release of 2.2 version So, we all are excited about the new features coming in the next release but, the leaked feature list doesn't seem to be doing much justice with our aspirations!

Though none of these new features have been confirmed in anyway, they seem to be enough for a small update. First, this new update will include a number of bug fixes which an end-user would rarely even notice. These fixes include fixing the super slow sync speeds which many users (including me) face daily on a PC. The new features are not really big, but include certain interface changes in the SMS application interface and some new features for the Mail application targeting the Corporate users. Another feature which is said to be under beta is deleting all mails at once rather than selecting each in the Mail application. This new version is speculated to release in the upcoming few weeks.

Also, there is another rumor that the next major 2.3 update, which has no confirmed release date will include some sort of option for Bluetooth synchronization with iTunes - but I think this is highly unlikely due to Apple's non-seriousness about other bluetooth issues on iPhone.

[via Planet-iPhones]
    Last edited by sayam; 01-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

aboudiiiiii (01-19-2009)

Thanks

still unenthused.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully there will more to the update (especially for 2.3 when it comes).

What the hell happened to push notifications for programs? This is exactly why I will never buy another apple product. 5 months since there self imposed deadline and still nothing? Come on Apple time to speed up the program

Interesting news but I would like to find some more info on this 2.3 update....
    Thanks for posting!

i wonder what interface changes they going to do the sms application

Thanks

lilskaterpunk and gigapocket1 sorry, but there's not much info given by the source. I will keep all of ya updted on this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i wish there was a mail update that automatically shows just your new mail and you dont have to keep backing out all the way to go to your next mail account and go into your inbox.

something else that would be nice is to have wifi switch to 3G if the speed is slower than it should be, say 3G speed. makes sense enough though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

the sms app still needs a way to remind based on user preferences. I want sms to beep at me every 1 minute until i acknowledge.

Default Dissapointment
    For a company that is all about customer satisfaction they seem to be completely ignoring features that customers want so badly... The iPhone is on version 2 and the firmware is on version 2.2 and yet still no landscape sms or the ability to capture video on non-jailbroken phones!

You would think with such a desperate cry from consumers they would get on the ball and really capitalize on the amazing piece of hardware they have created with more impressive software updates!

Just my two cents...

I hope there is a fix to wifi bug. Anything else is welcome but hopefully they fix the bug a lot of owners have with wifi not working after some time.

@ tha5150
    @s4mb4
    Both of your problems can be solved with programs such as intelliscreen. If you have a jailbroken phone. I have it installed on mine and am thuroughly pleased. I know it would be nice for apple to accomidate the user and give us more user control, Ces la vive. I am in no way affiliated with intelliscreen but I encourage you to explore that or the free options available since hoping on apple is such a lengthy process!

@tha5150
    It's not automatic but the wifi toggle in sbssettings makes 3G wifi switch easier than normal. No exiting the app!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    the sms app still needs a way to remind based on user preferences. I want sms to beep at me every 1 minute until i acknowledge.
    That's easy enough... Jailbreak and install StatusNotifier... problem solved!

Thank God for jailbreaking, if we couldn't, I would NOT have an iPhone! These updates are terrible, lol. Most of the 2.0+ updates have been though. Hopefully 3.0 will finally give us some new features, besides that Google Map crap that anyone hardly uses.

I was expecting so much more... actually anything more... whats so different again?

I really wonder if the developers at Apple sit back and look at their work after each update and think to themsleves, self....this is nothing we need and nothing the public has asked for

i remember i posted about this update and iwas called a liar that theres no 2.2.1 or 2.3 , i am not crazy i told u people there are gremlins on the wing of the plane

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think there will be another iPhone update until July when Apple will release push notifications.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Where's push?
    DO WORK

They give me landscape SMS and flash and I will be pleased all this other s*** is futile. Maybe I'm being hasty, I am on a pc and would love increasing sync speed. I wonder if they'll mimic any Palm Pre features to narrow any competition.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast