+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Features Exposed to the World !?!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
a native word + excel editor. the ability to send/recieve word + excel docs and use them in native application.
    Thanks

a native word + excel editor.

the ability to send/recieve word + excel docs and use them in native application.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hustlersjr View Post
    What the hell happened to push notifications for programs? This is exactly why I will never buy another apple product. 5 months since there self imposed deadline and still nothing? Come on Apple time to speed up the program
    LoL. Cause Microsoft NEVER misses their deadlines. Enjoy Vista (Windows 2001)

Thanks

Default new
    Quote Originally Posted by P4p0SwInG View Post
    New things apple need or their iphone upadate
    1. MMS
    2. Landscape Texting sms
    3. sign on to youtube through youtube app
    4. rotate photos
    5. attach photos through mail app so u dont have 2 go 2 photo just 2 send 1 just in case u wanna reply 2 a email wit a photo and also send more then 1 photo at a time
    6. weather core location would b nice

Ne one have ne otha nice things apple should add let me noe
    i for got push notifications so i can get mi damn im once i leave mi beejive app and also they can do alot wit photos like let u select photos their for u can delete or email more than 1 photo at a time they should also let u create more than one album at a time the blue tooth waz also a good idea and im just sayin thiz but they should add a notification bar just like the one the G1 haz dat would b cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thankfully the Palm Pre is coming out. A GSM Palm Pre would be awesome! I hope it sells a lot, if thats the case, then Apple will have no choice but to give us what we want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gigapocket1 View Post
    i wonder what interface changes they going to do the sms application
    hopefuly ability to delete individual sms and fowarding. i have this on Bite SMS and would love to see this from apple

Thanks

I think it may be time for a different phone... It seems like I have had the same phone for 2 years now, it has lost it's appeal.... No flash, no video recorder, no file system, no fun...

Thanks

@Sherm23
    wow...
    there is a big misconception about the fact that intelliscreen is soo amazing..
    that is the most battery-draining, money-wasting, iphone-killing, application.
    Even Suarik (owner of Cydia) believes that....

Other than that i must agree that this update.. is no big difference, but apple has to do something new...
    There going to, or already have, some sort of competition out there.
    So they need to make that iPhone ostentatious.

Thanks

Yeah this new update sounds BEAT!!!!! Another user said that it feels like he had the same phone for months!! its true. If wasnt for all the guys on here and saurik and dev team, I would have sold this pretty little brick long ago. Ill never get another iphone. E71 looks good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjgonzales1900's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope they put more in an update then just bug fixes and little tweaks such as some new app or extended on an already normal iphone as such as sms, mail, settings, etc. that would be the best thing to do in an update give the people something new to play around with like they did with the google street view that was a great update. so they should keep on doing that(making the already permeant iphone apps better. by adding to them.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeviN | NiveK View Post
    @Sherm23
    wow...
    there is a big misconception about the fact that intelliscreen is soo amazing..
    that is the most battery-draining, money-wasting, iphone-killing, application.
    Almost as battery draining as that Winterboard application that Saurik developed. Almost.

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Putting multiple photos in emails would be really nice. The other day I had to send 5 emails to a person just to show a single product from all sides.

And as others have stated, Cut and Paste would be so nice along with Landscape mode for everything.

Thanks

The only thing I really want for my iPhone is a proper SatNav app - WM has had this for years.

I still love the iPhone though - not a lot in this update but, provided they've done nothing to stop Yellowsn0w working (remember it's hardcoded to BB 2.28.00 at the moment)I will probably apply it, fixing bugs is usually a good idea (provided they don't introduce more!

We all know what's missing and what we'd like but Apple seem unwilling or unable to give them to us.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

WTF, man you people are a bunch of whiners. Does every firmware update have to a "major" update? Maybe the issues being addressed don't apply to you but they apply to someone. If you don't like your iphone that much then get rid of it, get something else and shut your hole.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    WTF, man you people are a bunch of whiners. Does every firmware update have to a "major" update? Maybe the issues being addressed don't apply to you but they apply to someone. If you don't like your iphone that much then get rid of it, get something else and shut your hole.
    You must really be content with Streetview

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Yeah this new update sounds BEAT!!!!! Another user said that it feels like he had the same phone for months!! its true. If wasnt for all the guys on here and saurik and dev team, I would have sold this pretty little brick long ago. Ill never get another iphone. E71 looks good.
    Tell me about it. I picked up my brand new unlocked T-Mobile G1 on New Years Eve. I have full root access (didn't think I'd keep an unhackable phone did you??), no Big Brother monitoring the app store, copy and paste, mms, the only thing I'm missing is AT&T 3G but I don't live in a 3G area anyway. The lack of 3G is the ONLY thing that has me keeping my iPhone. If you look at it, you can't lose, I have almost everything the iPhone does and more that it doesn't. I mean google has promised A2DP and video recording in the next update due at the end of the month. BT file transfer will come soon. I mean I loved my iPhone but now the G1 is incredible.

Thanks

Android might eventually challenge the iPhone but if you think that hardware is in any way comparable to the iPhone.....

I am easily swayed , I've used mainly WM but also a few Symbian devices and if I find anything better I have no great love of Apple - but at the moment I don't think there is anything to touch it for my usage. If only CoPilot would pull their finger out (we've not even got a Beta yet) the iPhone would be pretty much perfect for me.

When Android gets some decent hardware and has had the problems ironed out I'll try it - but the G1? I think not!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What is the deal with corporate email? Any idea? I sooooooo want more than 200 emails to be able to be saved. Hope it's there. That, search in the email (which I kinda have through a Jail break option) and cut and paste, and I'd be super happy.

Thanks

If email is that important to you then a Blackberry is probably the best device for you - they do it very well.
    Other devices tend to slow down with many more emails - the iPhone copes well with the limited number it can synch but would probably struggle with many more.

Thanks

What about adapting a new way to exchange data with another device using bluetooth? I mean the sockets are there, the software is there, what else is needed? One of the major concerns for iPhone users is the limited use of bluetooth, perhaps one of the main reasons why some people resent the iPhone.
    Still, i LOVE the iPhone
    For Updated Icon packs:

Glare, Non-Glare or Orbz 3.0

Make sure to thank the guys:
    1hihum (Uploader/iconmaker), JoOosty (Uploader/iconmaker), Sele (Iconmaker) and last but not least H0ckey (Does Not Need Introduction)! And special thanks to everybody else I forgot to mention, Sorry!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Almost as battery draining as that Winterboard application that Saurik developed. Almost.
    Not really seeing as how winterboard doesnt drain your battery
    iLive an iLife