Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ VIDEO ] iControlPad in Action

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [ VIDEO ] iControlPad in Action

ZodTTD and his band of merry men have been working on the iControlPad (D-pad and more for your iPhone) for a few months short of a year now. Today he published a video of the thing in action, playing quake4iphone.

Back in December you saw news that they'd started production. The project is still jailbreak only - no official Apple support means this is currently something you'll be using with your ZodTTD apps mostly - quake4iphone, gpSPhone, genesis4iphone, etc. The iControlPad guys are also releasing all the necessary info for any devs who would like to add support for the iControlPad in their own apps. Again - jailbreak only right now, but who knows what Apple may approve if this proves to be a success in the jailbreak community.

thanks chi_towner1 for the tip

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

JacquesChirac (01-16-2009), LEVMAN (01-16-2009)

Awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
    Last edited by b4lyph; 01-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sweet

When do you think they will start selling them?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i've been waiting, patiently, for almost a year now. can't wait
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

really awesome, gonna jump on it in a heartbeat

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Now all these old interactive games will actually be playable again! Where do I pre-order?! haha

Thanks

I can't wait to get one. Then I can play my old school nes games and utilize the full screen.

The video does the job but they picked the worst game (in my opinion) to showcase it. Yeah, Quake on the iPhone is cool, but there's no way you're going to easily control a FPS on the phone, even with iControlPad. Had she shown a platformer on an emulator or anything 2-D where the control can really shine and the gameplay look seamless instead of awkward stopping for turning and looking it could make the add-on look better.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

i dont mean to sound like a noob but how does it work do you ahev to plug it in or what

AHHHHHH!
    I cant wait!

I WANT THAT!!! lol...read on the site that it will be under $30, awesome! cant wait

Thanks

heck yeah!!!! i wants this SOOO bad i actually emailed the nes app author to see if he will be supporting the ICP but no word....yet but i can't wait i've signed up (a year ago lol) and im ready well worth the $30 =)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I tend to see the unseen...... I've always been as such. Guess it's just my nature. As most of you were watching this drooling over your new to come game pad, I was laughing my azz off thinking of him doing this video with a video camera duct-taped to his forehead.

When he slides the slider at the start, he misses it. Slowly, misses it. When he goes to hit start on the game, he misses it..... slowly. I don't know about you guys......... but as someone who has tried to look through a camera lens and do something technical at the same time....... I know all about the "slow motion" movement, near misses, and technical blunders that occur when you are trying to do 2 things at once and looking through an eye piece to do both. Notice the video at eye level directly at the face straight forward looking down.

So I am sitting here...... LMFAO........ thinking of him with a camera duct taped to his forehead.

........and that's how I roll.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The video does the job but they picked the worst game (in my opinion) to showcase it. Yeah, Quake on the iPhone is cool, but there's no way you're going to easily control a FPS on the phone, even with iControlPad. better.
    I'm personally think that the Brothers in Arms game from gamelof solve the FPS control problem beautifully. Even though the game itself is more like 3rd person shooting than FPS but you can easily see how to adapt the control system for any FPS game.

is it just more of does the construction of that thing look crappy? watch while he turns up the volume, it doesn't even fit around the phone right.. and you still can move it 2 directions at one time...

IM going to predict it will never be sold.

I can't wait for this to start selling. Will definitely pick one up. Big concern though is that when he goes to turn up the volume, the phone seemed like if you turned it just the right way it would pop out of the device. Hopefully there will be a good way to keep it locked in. Otherwise it looks awsome. I think that if this turns out to be as good as it looks, then apple and all app authors would be stupid not to take notice and support it.
    Last edited by xtreme84; 01-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.

if they also incorporate a battery life extender of some sorts in it I'll be sold on it all the way here in the caribbean.
    [/] Yellowsn0w

[ ] Bluesn0w?

i recall someone telling me that they stopped this because the 2.0 firmware did something to it but i knew that it didn't! cant remember who it was but i cant wait to own one of these
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast