Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ COMING SOON ] StarPlayr: Sirius/XM on the iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

unless he means that original dock that comes with the radio. just one that he can plug in at his house or in his car. maybe.. dont know.

when the hell is this going to come out cuz i want it NOW
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Quote Originally Posted by LYRICALDETOX View Post
    when the hell is this going to come out cuz i want it NOW
    +100000000000000!!!!!!!!!! What the hell?

how would this work if sirius goes bankrupt?

Thanks

ya i just saw on the news that they are millions in debt or something? or was that XM? wait.. didnt xm get bought out by sirius a little while ago?

Smile maximilian
    This website is awesome! It gave me a free iPhone 3g!

Apple.FreebieJeebies

(This is my referral link) Basically, when you first go to the website, you can go ahead and select which prize you would like to receive. Next, you simply sign up and complete one offer. Then, you just refer your friends and after you get the amount of referrals specified for your prize, they'll ship it to you! I thought it was awesome I got my iPhone on Tuesday! Join and refer me! Please!

I don't believe that this is going to last.

Sirius XM is a struggling company that is losing millions every day. I actually bought a ton of stock some time ago, and sold it all just recently cause I figured I had lost enough money on it.

The concept is great, but the problem is, is that 1) No one really feels that they have the money to justify satelite radio. 2) Even with all the "sirius/xm ready" vehicles, and the free 1 year sub, most people don't renew it after a year. 3) Howard Stern is waaaay over paid, as is all the other stars that they hired to act as DJ's. In retrospect the Howard Stern move was a fad, and most of the people who "moved" to Sirius/XM for the sole purpose of spending 12.99 a month for Howard have realize that it is stupid to spend that money for one show.

4) And I feel that this is most important to iPhone users: SHOUTcast, Flycast, and all the other options that we now have. Foxnews, CNN, C-Span, ABCnews, CBSnews, MSNBC, all of these stations are broadcasted over the internet. Any type of music that you want to listen to is freely available, and we are all already paying for it with our data plans.

You get more variety, less nonsense, and it's free.

I mean honestly, this is just an attempt to revive a foot in the grave corporation.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    3) Howard Stern is waaaay over paid, as is all the other stars that they hired to act as DJ's. In retrospect the Howard Stern move was a fad, and most of the people who "moved" to Sirius/XM for the sole purpose of spending 12.99 a month for Howard have realize that it is stupid to spend that money for one show..
    COMPLETELY subjective. I find it worth every penny. Does not make me STUPID.

Thanks

I love sirius radio its the only radio i listen too. Regular radio is horrible anymore. Sirius is worth every penny

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Satellite radio is a luxury, just like starbucks tripple venti da da da. When times are tough, luxury items are eliminated. As long as free radio is available (via air or Internet) satellite will have severe issues. Basic Marketing 101 at work!!

I agree that Howard was paid a bit too much, but without Stern, Sirius would have gone no where. He took the company that was falling behind and brought them really up to par with XM before they merged. I dont have the numbers for Sirius alone in 2008, but I know before Howard started, Sirius had a whopping 600,000 subscribers. I know that number is now in the multi-millions, so obviously he has made THE difference for satellite radio. His contract is a bit ridiculous, but who else could make the difference he has? As of 2007 (Yeah old info), Howard 100 has 1.2+ million listeners, Howard 101 had 500K+ listeners while Opie & Anthony had 171K listeners. I really hope satellite radio suceeds, but there must be other personalities who can take a pay cut to save the company...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Player Information:

Latest Update:

Beta preview version (v0.9.9) Beta 2 was submitted to Apple on February 2.

No details on a base price but Sirius and XM subscribers will have to purchase an additional internet subscription for $2.99 a month.

Bottom line it is all on Apple now to quickly approve this app and get it in the app store so please from all of us Sirius and XM fans please hurry up!

Thanks

i hope this happens soon. Although i dont really want to pay any extra money. but i guess you gotta pay to play right?

I will type what I want to type thank you very much nazi moderator.
    Last edited by ZXMustang; 02-20-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    I will type what I want to type thank you very much nazi moderator.
    Real mature. Just follow the rules or leave...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default No Sirius yet for iPhone
    Starplayr not accepted by Apple.

StarPlayr.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

time to release it on Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    Starplayr not accepted by Apple.

StarPlayr.com
    Not how THIS reads on the site:
    Update: As of yesterday, the uSirius StarPlayr Application for iPhone still had a status of "In Review" with Apple. Later in the evening we became aware that the application was not rejected, however could not be approved at this time.
    Last edited by cranie; 02-27-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HUH?

"Starplayr not accepted by Apple" = "however could not be approved"

How else is there to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by kressley View Post
    HUH?

"Starplayr not accepted by Apple" = "however could not be approved"

How else is there to read it?
    I read it more as they will get a response from Apple saying they cannot approve it "as is" BUT if they make changes X&Y they can.

I think if it was rejected Apple would just say so..no?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast