Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Europe to get 3G iPhone from Vodafone, T-Mobile and Carphone Warehouse

Default Europe to get 3G iPhone from Vodafone, T-Mobile and Carphone Warehouse
    Hello,

I dont know if anyone is looking for a way to get a iPhone to work with T-Mobile or just bit the bullet and switch. But here's what I found.

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...arehouse.phtml

It seems that a 3G iPhone is coming to the UK making our iPhones one step behind. I wonder if I wait and get a iPhone from the UK and activate with T-Mobile here would it work? Bump the visual voice mail. I just want to keep T-Mobile. I may be able to get the phone there and have it unlocked here in the states.

Heres something else about the 3G iPhone in the UK. The iPhone may be bigger in size because the chipsets were not low-enough power.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/28/...th-steve-jobs/

Any other suggestions?

Onetwo

from what i heard the iphone here in the states is 3G capable but not released as a 3G phone because attingular is still rolling out 3G while edge is solid...from what i heard come november there will be software update/reflash to make it 3G

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Although the phone already gets hot when doing random stuff, imagine if it was running 3G on top of that.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I thought that the those who broke open the device found no 3g radio so how could a update solve this problem ie get 3g working on the iphone..

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Although the phone already gets hot when doing random stuff, imagine if it was running 3G on top of that.
    True.

If you buy a Imac with intel and a 20" or bigger LCD with the Intel 2.33 C2D then you can update the abg wireless to abgn just with a software update. So I can see it some what true. Even through those who have cracked opened the Iphone may have missed something. Because when I opened my Imac to see if I have the capability of running n on my wireless I totally missed it. So I did a software update and bam there it was. So it could be true.