+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instinctiv Shuffle launches for 2.x

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Instinctiv Shuffle is a smarter shuffle. It knows what musical mood you're in based on what you skip and when, and learns your preferences the more you use it. Works
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default Instinctiv Shuffle launches for 2.x

Instinctiv Shuffle is a smarter shuffle. It knows what musical mood you're in based on what you skip and when, and learns your preferences the more you use it. Works well out of the box, gets better as it gets to know you (but not in a creepy way). It was released on 1.x devices, and folks have long been waiting for a build that'd give 2.x firmware users some Instinctiv love again. A few days ago version 2.0 was released, and after a short flurry of updates (we're now at 2.0.9, going up on the MMi repo here in the next hour), its a nice stable build - and working great.

Do what you normally do: play songs you're in the mood for, skip the ones you aren't -- and we'll figure out what you want to be hearing. You've been listening to your iPod long enough, now it's time for your iPod to listen to you! (but not in that communist Russia kind of way)
    Instinctiv Shuffle is there when you want it and stays out of your way when you don't - it can be triggered from the "Songs" section in the iPod where "Shuffle" used to be. The guys at Instinctiv love feedback:

If you have a problem, don't suffer in silence: we rely on user feedback to figure out what needs to be fixed and how we can keep adding the awesome to Instinctiv Shuffle. For support [email protected] (that address will change soon; the new address will be posted online when we roll out the new website) or you can follow us on Twitter / instinctiv

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (01-15-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I'll try it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds pretty good. Gotta haye flippin through all of the songs to find one u want

Thanks

Doesnt seem to install, just says "running" then "restart springboard". But its not in cydia as installed and its not in my ipod. Maybe its just not up yet? Ill try again later.
    If the sun was made of baby back rips..... would you eat it?

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't this same announcement made 3 months ago?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mac-new...-your-mac.html

Either way, it installs just fine for me, but crashes the iPod app as soon as I hit "Shuffle".
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Wasn't this same announcement made 3 months ago?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mac-new...-your-mac.html

Either way, it installs just fine for me, but crashes the iPod app as soon as I hit "Shuffle".
    That was an OS X desktop version. read "for your Mac" and in mac-news

hrm @ the crash -- it's working for me -- ask em on twitter or something

Thanks

i installed it and maybe im doing it wrong but i go and turn the instinctiv shuffle on and then i go inot my ipod and click shuffle it just closes out.
    im i doing it wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mine works, but after a while it just plays the artist songs in alphabetical order.
    umm hi?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

took em long enough, ive been waiting long enough

this is gonna be great
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

Developer
    Thanks

Hi! Could you please send me (contact at instinctiv) the version you installed? Also, would you be available to meet over IM?

Thanks

Hmm...I'm not seeing it in cydia, Do I have the right repo installed? apt.modmyi.com/ is what I've got installed. Is there another one that I'm missing? And is it worth it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi... I've been using this for a while, and I've been having this problem where sometimes when playing through my songs with Instinctiv Shuffle, my iPod will skip to a certain song (the same song every time) and then just go down in alphebetical order by artist, not shuffling. Any idea what's causing the problem?

Thanks

Default lol
    Lol, bit slow on this one eh, not like you guys, I normally hear ir here first, but i have had this a good few days. Can't really comment on how it's working, you turn it on in the app, and when you go to "songs" instead of "shuffle songs" at the top it now says "instinctiv shuffle" after about 2 hours of playing it said it needs to contact the server before it can continue so further shuffling will be random. WHen connected to the internet though it doesn't seem to have updated, so every track change i get the pop up message with the warning, slightly annoying. Just installed the latest update before seeing this article and it seems the update finally fixed the contacting server, for now, but will see what happens tomorrow after a few hours use.
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had it before the update but i got rid of it because it kept making the ipod app crash so i left it alone ill try it again though

Developer
    Thanks

Exclamation Alphabetic Song Play Bug
    Everyone who is experiencing the alphabetic order song play bug, please please please email me (contact at instinctiv•com) to setup an IM session so we can get to the bottom of this.

So far, we've fixed the repeat warning when Instinctiv needs to talk to the server (you're only warned once now) and we're working on making Instinctiv compatible with apps like PocketTouch (which is currently the only known cause for the alphabetic song order issue).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

I hoped they fix the ipod crashing issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Another thing that I've noticed is it won't go into coverflow style while on instictive shuffle but it will if I select a single song or artist not a huge deal just thought I'd point it out

Thanks
    I have one bug well dunno if this is a bug but I remember being able to do it back in the 1.4 days. When I hit pause and turn off the iphone and come back and get into the ipod by double tapping the home button, upon hitting play nothing happens. So when going into the iphone app on my home screen it resumes the same "default song" not the one I was playing at the time I hit pause.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgrand03 View Post
    Another thing that I've noticed is it won't go into coverflow style while on instictive shuffle but it will if I select a single song or artist not a huge deal just thought I'd point it out
    That's actually a feature The thing about coverflow is that it shows songs in the order they'll be played. When you're in Instinctiv shuffle mode, the order is unknown since it changes depending on which songs you'll listen to and which songs you'll skip. Consequently, it's not entirely clear what we'd show in coverflow. Additionally, since we don't yet support the ability to seed a mood (at least on the iPhone) skipping to a specific song would essentially confuse the shuffle. Allowing "seeding" is something we've got on the todo list. Unfortunately, every little feature is a hacking battle, so improving existing functionality is a higher priority for the next few weeks. ~ PB

PS: Obviously, when you're not in Instinctiv mode, but say playing a playlist, or a manually chosen song, coverflow works as usual.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    That was an OS X desktop version. read "for your Mac" and in mac-news

hrm @ the crash -- it's working for me -- ask em on twitter or something
    ah ha! gotcha. haha
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad