+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Nano Coming Again - This Time for June - The Rumor Continues

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone Nano rumor that just wont die continues on with the latest possible evidence reported by AppleInsider . According to the Economic Daily News (in chinese) suppliers bidding for
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone Nano Coming Again - This Time for June - The Rumor Continues

The iPhone Nano rumor that just wont die continues on with the latest possible evidence reported by AppleInsider. According to the Economic Daily News (in chinese) suppliers bidding for the rights to produce various components of the iPhone Nano for Apple is drawing to a close meaning that Apple has nearly decided who gets to build what for the device. Discussion/negotiations between Apple and product suppliers coming to a close soon would put production of the iPhone Nano on a good time line for a June release (if the rumored iPhone Nano exists of course).

A June release would make perfect sense -- Apple likes to update its products in yearly cycles and holds the Worldwide Developers Conference in June where Apple has previously announced final details about the iPhone and iPhone 3g.

While the evidence and rumors concerning this iPhone Nano continue to build (although they have been going on for a year, maybe more) I am still skeptical for a few reasons.

Screen real-estate. Unless the iPhone Nano is going to have something very un-iPhone-like for example a slide out keyboard or something of the sort (a stylus?) a smaller screen may not work for may users. Some of us with big fingers already have some issues navigating the current phone.

You say that there above point isn't valid and that Apple would just have less buttons / menu items on the screen. I say AppStore. The AppStore is Apple's bread and butter and imho has done leaps and bounds to further sales of the iPhone. I don't see Apple releasing anything named iPhone without the AppStore. Since many of the thousands of Apps on the AppStore are designed to specifically work on the current iPhone's resolution one of six things would need to happen to have the AppStore and the iPhone Nano.
    • Fitting the same resolution in a smaller screen. This would make everything work but be smaller and possibly unusable if it is just a touch screen device.
    • Stylus or other keyboard or something to control the phone. That isn't very iPhone-like. Those have been very standard control methods on phones for ages. Apple likes moving forward with technology not backwards.
    • Apple edits all the current apps or insists that devs make another version for the iPhone Nano. If the devs don't re-do an app for the iPhone Nano then it is not sold/downloaded by iPhoe Nano users. Pita and not a good option. The developers have already spent time energy and money developing their applications for the screen of the current iPhone. The iPhone Nano AppStore would start at ground zero with all the work that people have put into the AppStore being irrelevant.
    • No AppStore. No way.
    • There is no iPhone Nano
    • Apple has thought of something really nifty to sort the issue all out

While I am currently a doubter of the iPhone Nano if it does exist and is coming soon and Apple does execute correctly they could probably sell it at an entry level price point of $99, sell a freaking ton of them, and haul in mega cash. They should be coming out with an entry level iPhone or iPhone Nano the question is if they are.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't want one or need one. I hope this doesn't come out. Just another distraction from the devices we already have. But that's just me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

how many people are really complaining about the iPhones form factor. IMHO, the size of my iPhone 3G is perfect. The only way the iPhone could be better size wise is if it could be the same size as my iPod Touch 2.0. That thing is REALLY thin. But the screen size is the same.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would disagree about the appstore comment. I think there would be a market for people who just want an ipod built into their phone. Maybe not even internet or gps or anything of that sort, just not have to carry around an ipod AND another phone. 50% of the reason I got the 3G was so that I would have ONE device. At the end of the day, the ipod and the phone/SMS features are still what I use the most on my phone (not to say I don't use everything else a ton). I think there would be a market for this, especially for those people who want to say they are "cool" by owning a product but don't necessarily want such bells and whistles. That being said, I don;t think Apple would want to keep the name if all these features were to be cut out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i dont know why people care about an iPhone Nano,like the one we have is not good.i would never buy anything that small i use my iphone for movies and games most of the times when iam on the subway going to work, i wish they would make one with a bigger screen and more space like 200gb or more.i would buy it ahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

girls would like it, i think

Thanks

Default Apple can be crazy
    I don't know, I could definitely see people buying it, I mean people always seem to like smaller things no matter how unusable they may present themselves.

And I remmeber seeing a patent book about a year ago where they had made pictures of a patent that apple had filed, of course these pics weren't official by any means.

But it had an iPhone with a kind of invisible plastic cover that you could still use to touch, so it didn't impede the touch screen in any way, and then you could flip down the plastic and it was basically an extra screen where like a touch numpad could pop up or whatever-need-be. So that's probably a possibility too.

All I'm saying is that you really can't ever quite rule apple out of anything. They may even just give developers the option to make like cheaper or trial apps for the nano that only nano users could use, and then if they did real well they'd of course "port" them to the iPhone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EgomaniacIII For This Useful Post:

bagek (01-14-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

the screen on the 3g is hard enough to watch a movie who is gunna watch a movie on the nano i would defently not buy it !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nexedzero For This Useful Post:

bagek (01-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brett k View Post
    girls would like it, i think
    lol
    \

12. The Following User Says Thank You to r1994augusto For This Useful Post:

bagek (01-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the nano sucks weiner

and so does the guy above me...
    Last edited by 8========; 01-14-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 8======== For This Useful Post:

bagek (01-14-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexedzero View Post
    the screen on the 3g is hard enough to watch a movie who is gunna watch a movie on the nano i would defently not buy it !
    I think the idea is that people that don't care about movies on their phone would buy the nano
    To live, you have to lie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

bagek (01-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well people did buy that stupid video nano with a small screen, I think its a bad idea, I argree with ecomaniacIII,peopel want somethign to smaller just to say they have it. this is just another iPhone knock off from China which we've seen many of before in the past, So I doubt its real

Thanks

It's real. The pic is a fake obviously. IPhone nano is coming and it'll sell by the bucketloads
    To live, you have to lie

19. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (01-14-2009)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

uh yeah thats a fake pic from a year or two ago. I was too lazy to photoshop up something at 3am

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pretty happy with the iphone 3g design and concepts. iphone nano just seems silly. uncalled for?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everybody keeps talking about an iPhone nano but why not an iPod nano touch? That seems like a more realistic idea. To me anyways.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What is everyone fussing about with the so-called 'iPhone Nano'? As far as I can see it's just a name people have given to the new, smaller version of the iPhone. The iPhone is great but lacks in many areas. I strongly predict that iPhone Nano refers to a slimmer version of the iPhone with upgraded hardware (ie Camera, Wi-fi, screen resolution and GPS reciever). I could never in a million years see Apple releasing a tiny iPhone - remember how Apple like simplicity, it's ludicrous to suggest they will release a tiny phone that probably needs stylus controls - not gonna happen.

Thanks

... i just thought about something. What if its not the Iphone they're actually talking about. What if its really a new Ipod Nano? A smaller iPod touch for people still on the go except its the new generation of ipods. Maybe they'll be getting rid of the shuffles? Just throwing some things out there.

Thanks

I would like to see the keyboard on the iPhone nano.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

This is reverse engineering smartphone technology in my opinion. Especially iPhone technology. The form factor of the iPhone is great, but hey we shall see when the time comes.