+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beejive Updated to 2.0 - Send and Receive Pics/Audio/More

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
During Macworld Beejive released an update to their IM app which caught my attention. Until last week I have mostly avoided any IM applications on the iPhone -- I'm always
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Beejive Updated to 2.0 - Send and Receive Pics/Audio/More

During Macworld Beejive released an update to their IM app which caught my attention. Until last week I have mostly avoided any IM applications on the iPhone -- I'm always recieveing files and pictures via IM and not being able to do that on the iPhone has always been annoying. The Beejive IM 2.0 update solved the problem by incorporating send/receive of various file types including pics and audio. It isn't MMS but if you and your friends are always on IM it's a very good alternative. You can even send and receive between iPhones that have Beejive IM installed!

Playing around a bit revealed that the menus are intuitive for sending and and receiving files. To send just tap the top bar during a conversation once. After you have tapped a menu slides down with various options including buttons to send photos and voice notes. The photos option allows you to either take a picture or select one out of your photo library. Select the voice note feature and the phone automatically starts recording a voice note. You can stop and play back the voice note before you send.

After you have selected and sent your picture / voice note it is quickly inserted in the conversation for whomever you are chatting with to view. The image/audio is neatly inserted directly in-line the conversation with a little thumbnail. If for some reason you want to check what you sent just tap the arrow next to it with in the conversation to view.

The update also allows you to receive and view many files types on your iPhone including most image, audio, video files, PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and Powerpoint documents. They appear in-line and you just tap on them to open and view. What's better is that after you have received files you can forward on to to other people in you IM contact lists easily (why is there no forward of text messages in the iPhone SMS app? come on Apple hire Beejive to do things right or something).

Of course Beejive IM 2.0 supports many IM protocols including AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN/Live, Myspace IM, and Yahoo messenger just like the previous version. The sounds and menus are very macish and during testing all day today I have yet to make Beejive crash.

If you want (in my opinion) the best IM client for the iPhone Beejives 2.0 update makes it the hands down winner. Price $15.99 via the AppStore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

EDIT: THIS APP IS SIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just bought it, worth the 16$!!!!!!!!!!!!! some features are nasty, like switch between ims by shaking the phone
    Last edited by andrewe13; 01-13-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks

Im using freeware Palringo...It also supports many IM protocols and file sending...
    ---------
    Yes, you're a PC. But you come with Vista, which is like a chick with herpes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SERBIAN View Post
    Im using freeware Palringo...It also supports many IM protocols and file sending...
    Doesnt even compare. Not in the same league.

Thanks

I've been using BEEJIVE for a while now, and i've yet to see the update. Should I delete and reinstall?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Please do not promote warez
    Last edited by .:MirrorminD:.; 01-13-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: bad user no cookie

Je5
    Thanks

Ok so where is this site located I tried looking for it and it didnt work...
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    I'm a cheap idiot
    With over 100 posts you should know better.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    Ok so where is this site located I tried looking for it and it didnt work...
    Its in the APP STORE, just searh for BeeJive.

Also... I did a delete and reinstall and i got the updated version. I suggest anyone having the same problem, do the same. Best 15 bucks I've spent in a while.

Thanks

I've been messing around with this new update for a few days now and i have to say its pretty sweet.. also when you send a picture or file to other im users it comes up as a link, but if you go into iphone settings and go to beejive you can change the send file from Post Link to Direct send preferred and when you send your file to a friend it automatically downloads once they okay the file transfer

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Doesnt even compare. Not in the same league.
    +1
    Last edited by kpace1; 01-13-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its a good app and should be bought legally through the app store.

How about that?
    Last edited by Blochead21; 01-13-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

I've had it since day 1. Love BeeJive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    I'm also a cheap idiot!
    Jesus Christ, we JUST went over this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (01-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

$16 to do instant messaging, I didn't like instant messaging when it was free. Video messaging I might consider, for under $16
    mod edit/links removed

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

$16 bucks you've got to be kidding!
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Well beejive is worth the money. All we need now is a way to have the iPhone alert us when we close the app, that we have an im..I know it's up to apple so we'll just wait on that...

Thanks

landscape mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    landscape mode?
    If you're asking if it has it, yes. All windows (chat, buddy list, etc) flip to landscape so you can use it either way and switch on the fly. There isn't a way to "lock" orientation yet that I know of though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive been using this app since it wasnt even an app. It was an internet app and its the best IM application out there. It kills Palringo and any other chat app because it actually keeps you signed ON! and u can stay logged on until whenever u like. It has great features and the latest update with the video, and voice messaging made it even better. Landscape works great and this app brings no problems to me whatsoever. ITS WORTH THE $16 TRUST ME!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nasp30 View Post
    ive been using this app since it wasnt even an app. It was an internet app and its the best IM application out there. It kills Palringo and any other chat app because it actually keeps you signed ON! and u can stay logged on until whenever u like. It has great features and the latest update with the video, and voice messaging made it even better. Landscape works great and this app brings no problems to me whatsoever. ITS WORTH THE $16 TRUST ME!
    The webapp version of Beejive is still around, though won't keep you online as long as the actual app.