+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beejive Updated to 2.0 - Send and Receive Pics/Audio/More

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 Well beejive is worth the money. All we need now is a way to have the iPhone alert us when we close the app, that we
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    Well beejive is worth the money. All we need now is a way to have the iPhone alert us when we close the app, that we have an im..I know it's up to apple so we'll just wait on that...
    It will do that via email. I have it use my .Me account so it pushes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    cool i gotta get the update to this then

i have a question,do anybody know how to change the sounds within beejive? like everytime i receive an IM, i want the the sound to have the AOL chime to it, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simply go through the settings from your home screen. Scroll down to the BeeJive program, once you are in the settings for the program scroll down to the sound options and change it to your liking (Default, Yahoo or AIM)...

Quote Originally Posted by danextbanks View Post
    cool i gotta get the update to this then

i have a question,do anybody know how to change the sounds within beejive? like everytime i receive an IM, i want the the sound to have the AOL chime to it, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im checking that and i dont see the sounds notifications for beejive..is this setting in the 2.0 version?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danextbanks View Post
    im checking that and i dont see the sounds notifications for beejive..is this setting in the 2.0 version?
    It's in the Settings app, not within Beejive itself (I think)
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-15-2009 at 09:40 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now you can even use it to send texts. Im gonna get rid of texting. SO i spent 16 on a one time fee instead of 15 a month. So worth it. Download now!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

A note too for those getting this...in iPhone settings --> BeeJiveIM, you can set how long you stay logged in for. It has options for up to 24hrs so you can close the app, reboot your phone, whatever, and you will still be online and people can send you messages. When you re-enter the app, those messages show up on your screen. Pretty close to multitasking as you can get without jailbreaking (Backgrounder app).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What's so great about BeeJive? I mean, I guess it's better than Palringo, but not for $16. I jailbroke my iPhone and Backgrounder keeps Palringo running in the background, so what more does BeeJive do?

Thanks

Beejive sends pics and audio, does palringo do that?

Thanks

Yes, Palringo does that (it actually did it even before Beejive had the update)

The three main differences Beejive has over Palringo:
    1- Keeps you online for up to 24 hours (Palringo goes up to 3 only)
    2- Landscape typing. Actually the entire app/hi tilts and works in landscape (Palringo is rumored to have an update that will bring landscape testing)
    3- Beejive does direct file transfers and can receive and open files (not save though). Palringo can send picture and audio but it actually loads them up to their servers and your friend gets a link to it, it's not a direct transfer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

WHen i sent pic through beejive, i still get the link

Thanks

So basically BeeJive is only better in that it keeps you logged in longer (would be useful), lets you type in landscape mode (doesn't help me at all since I prefer portrait), and it allows direct file transfer (really not needed)?

Thanks, but I'll stick with Palringo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i would recommend palringo too....
    ITs free guys and has nearly all the features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drgopoos View Post
    WHen i sent pic through beejive, i still get the link
    You need to change the setting from link to direct transfer in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by hR!$ View Post
    So basically BeeJive is only better in that it keeps you logged in longer (would be useful), lets you type in landscape mode (doesn't help me at all since I prefer portrait), and it allows direct file transfer (really not needed)?

Thanks, but I'll stick with Palringo.
    It also doesn't require you to make an account with them like Palringo does That said, Palringo is a great free IM app.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-22-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    It also doesn't require you to make an account with them like Palringo does That said, Palringo is a great free IM app.
    So? That was just a one time thing. You create a Palringo account and never have to mess with it again. I'm not about to pay $16 so I won't have to take a whole minute of my time to make a new IM account.

I'm not trying to argue that Palringo is better than BeeJive, but I just [/s]don't[/s] can't see spending $16 for an app that's almost identical to a free app, other than keeping you logged in longer and direct file transfer.
    Last edited by Channan; 01-31-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hR!$ View Post
    So? That was just a one time thing. You create a Palringo account and never have to mess with it again. I'm not about to pay $16 so I won't have to take a whole minute of my time to make a new IM account.

I'm not trying to argue that Palringo is better than BeeJive, but I just [/s]don't[/s] can't see spending $16 for an app that's almost identical to a free app, other than keeping you logged in longer and direct file transfer.
    I can almost agree with you, the biggest difference between the apps imo is the quality these apps offer I findd Palringo to be kind of heavy and just not as nice looking vs Beejive just looks beautiful and very fast it just seems light and clean with all the features you want it to have. Thats just my opinion I used to use both but Beejive just feels better to use then Palringo.

Banned
    Thanks

I want Noodle Boy to explain how pirating an app - makes you an idiot. lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    I want Noodle Boy to explain how pirating an app - makes you an idiot. lol.
    Because you're stealing, plain and simple. You can come up with whatever reasons you want, but in the end you're stealing from the hours developers put into their applications. If anyone chooses to charge for their product, that is entirely up to them and the least you can do is respect their decision. If you feel it's too expensive, don't buy it! No one is forcing you to pay for anything and, like discussed in detail so far in this thread, there's always a free alternative for you to use.

I would almost understand you not wanting to pay for Photoshop or some other big expensive PC suite of software (and even then there's plenty of free alternatives like Gimp or Avia.ry) but in this particular case, we're talking about iPhone apps.

Beejive is probably one of the highest costing mainstream apps on the store at $16. You could skip going to the movies one day (just ONE day) and save more money than that. You can skip going to a fast food 2-3 times and make yourself a sandwhich and you'll have enough money for it. You can save $.50 a day and in a month you can buy the app.

So saying it's too expensive is a stupid excuse. It all comes down whether you want to pay the price set by the developer or not. If you don't, then that's all right. Again, no one if forcing you. But "too expensive" isn't an excuse when you spent a minimum of $200 for the phone that uses these apps and god knows how much more on the contract (unless you're unlocked and using a cheap-o plan and even THEN you have enough money to pay for Beejive).

It's why I'm so easily angered by pirates. They simply have no respect for property (digital software IS property whether you like to think it or not). And at the rate pirating is increasing nowadays, it's only going to get worse for everyone in the long run.

Banned
    Thanks

But that doesn't make you an IDIOT.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    But that doesn't make you an IDIOT.
    I suppose it doesn't. Only people trying to justify it come off as idiots, that's about it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12