+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G USB iPhone Tethering - PdaNet 1.50+

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Do i need to install PDANet software on my laptop in order to get USB tethering? JuneFabrics documentation & support are an absolute JOKE.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Do i need to install PDANet software on my laptop in order to get USB tethering? JuneFabrics documentation & support are an absolute JOKE.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robdam1001 View Post
    Yes you need to go to here and download the desktop software, and you should be good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tether your iPhone via USB on Mac OS X Systems - Mac Forums

this is easy as ****. free. and works for mac. perfect solution for USB tethering and it's fast as hell.

oh, and if you're at an at&t hot spot you can authenticate your iphone to it for free and then tunnel the connection to your laptop....for a FAST connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have it connected via USB and it says connected on the PC and the Phone and I see that Skype is logging in but I cannot browse any sites. I am running 1.51 and I am on Vista. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

I'm all new to this can you tell me the steps on using iphone tunnel suite? How do I set everything up?

Do you need to have itunes installed on your computer in order for this to work?
    Last edited by shenese; 01-15-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app is awsome, been using it since it first came out. don't like the $29 price but it beats having to pay an extra monthly fee.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

until AT&T gets off their ***** and gives us a tethering option, this program is worth the cost. I was a PDAnet user from my previous life as a Palm user (cough). I just get soooo mad that we have to JB our phones to use this wonderful app. Come on AT&T, get with it. you can tether every other stinking smartphone in your line up, why not the iPhone.

Thanks

What would be REALLY cool is a PdaNet recipient client for iPod touches so if you're Verizon Apple-loving friend wants to borrow some Internet you can share the wealth =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I started using it for free and got stuck out in the field when started charging for it without any pre-announcement. Buy this if you want folks, but if a company can offer you a 'free' app, then turn around and start charging $29 after you already agreed on the price (free) whose to say they won't disable it (again) and up the price (again) to $59 next month?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Has the charging issue been resolved yet? When I first got it, my iPhone wouldn't charge while tethering. It would show it was charging, but it really wasn't.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Isn't this what usually happens? AT&T is raking in the money on 3g iphone users....I was real worried last summerr when I decided to purchase the sierra wireless 881U aircard & go under contract, etc...good thing was, I signed up the week that card was available, so the contract was half-assed & a week later....I got a letter stating "if said items were purchased during these time frames...." then I wouldbe subject to heavy fines after their 5GBper month limit.....lucklily, when they drafted my contract, I was activating/changing the plan on my 3g iPhone that had only had for like a month@ that time....the manager wrote up both contracts, phone numbers, cause the 881U aircard has GPS, a simcard & a USB connection, as well as a built in wifi ...longstoy short, both contracts were written up as UNLIMITED USAGE- i'm moving over 10 Gb's on my heavy usage days.....I acquired a slick netgear rangemax router, used good old "ICS" (internet connection sharing) - built into every version of windows....bam- right now I'm on my older 2G, in airport mode-no sim, but wifi'd- free, have 3 seperate PC's, my 3G as well, not to mention my PS3 AND TWO LAPTOPS!!!! All connected & getting quite impressive DL & UP rates.....I moved over 100GB LAST WEEK....my bill hasn't changed since July; after purchasing the AIRCARD...
    P.S. I have absolutely zero lag playing online any game via my PS3 while simultaneously DL off 2-3 of my PC's or LT's....!!!!!

Although yes, there have been times my 881U aircard has got so hot it would shut itself off...the battery inside of it is a bit...hmmm/ mushy?....although is original & still works as welll as it did outthe box.....
    I, of course, use the At &t connection manger program- which; if certain variables are enabled, etc....it works no problem.....!!!!
    Last edited by SPECIFIKLYVAGUE; 02-03-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    until AT&T gets off their ***** and gives us a tethering option, this program is worth the cost. I was a PDAnet user from my previous life as a Palm user (cough). I just get soooo mad that we have to JB our phones to use this wonderful app. Come on AT&T, get with it. you can tether every other stinking smartphone in your line up, why not the iPhone.
    they do have tethering
    Get Started - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    "Search" is your friend

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know how to "do the reverse" i.e. use a macs internet connection on a iphone with usb not wifi.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

waste of money, welcome 3.0
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12