+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Ballmer Eats Words About iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There's far more hacking for WM devices. most people don't even bother jailbreaking their iPhone.
...
  1. #21
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    There's far more hacking for WM devices. most people don't even bother jailbreaking their iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Apple this, Microsoft that... F**kin annoying.

  3. #23
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    This is an Apple site - what do you expect?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a Rug
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    This guy speaks the truth, The only reason i bought an iphone is because I wanted an ipod and an iphone and that I heard groups being created to hack the iphone like they hacked the ipod, and sticking in linux... Im glad i got this jailbroken, otherwise I would of been stuck with the blackberry storm.

    I think the iphone is the only advanced phone that has been jailbroken (hacked)

    so much homebrew, 3rd party apps and ect.
    this is a PERFECT example of what the iPhone has done. it has brought more people out of the phone market and into the smart/pda phone market and somehow led them to believe that the iPhone is revolutionary and that nothing like this has ever been done before.

    no offense to you ultimaexpka but it is statements like " I think the iphone is the only advanced phone that has been jailbroken (hacked) so much homebrew, 3rd party apps and ect." that defines all the people on here that do no research and have no knowledge of where pda/smart phones were before the glorious iPhone came along.

    for more than 5 years or more preceding the iPhone all my phones (WM) had NES, Homebrew, SNES, web browser, google shortcut icon, seriously hundreds of apps and WM still does.

    they also had a few more things that i had almost a decade ago and that we have yet to see on the iPhone like copy and paste, and things that came only a few years ago like slingplayer.

    the iPhone is a great phone but it has brought so many new people into this market and easily led them to believe that all these features are new and this thing is like nothing the world has ever seen.

    i really like my iPhone and they did make some things better like the touchscreen and making it easy to add apps so the average user could make the switch, and its an iPod, and a few more things but they didnt re-invent the wheel.

    people should try and educate themselves just a little bit before just throwing out random unsupported claims.


    sorry about that but as much as i like my Iphone this "nothing has ever been like this" remarks make me do the above
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    this is a PERFECT example of what the iPhone has done. it has brought more people out of the phone market and into the smart/pda phone market and somehow led them to believe that the iPhone is revolutionary and that nothing like this has ever been done before.

    no offense to you ultimaexpka but it is statements like " I think the iphone is the only advanced phone that has been jailbroken (hacked) so much homebrew, 3rd party apps and ect." that defines all the people on here that do no research and have no knowledge of where pda/smart phones were before the glorious iPhone came along.

    for more than 5 years or more preceding the iPhone all my phones (WM) had NES, Homebrew, SNES, web browser, google shortcut icon, seriously hundreds of apps and WM still does.

    they also had a few more things that i had almost a decade ago and that we have yet to see on the iPhone like copy and paste, and things that came only a few years ago like slingplayer.

    the iPhone is a great phone but it has brought so many new people into this market and easily led them to believe that all these features are new and this thing is like nothing the world has ever seen.

    i really like my iPhone and they did make some things better like the touchscreen and making it easy to add apps so the average user could make the switch, and its an iPod, and a few more things but they didnt re-invent the wheel.

    people should try and educate themselves just a little bit before just throwing out random unsupported claims.


    sorry about that but as much as i like my Iphone this "nothing has ever been like this" remarks make me do the above
    Lol, brings back old symbian memories from my good old Motorola A1000. I was the only one who had one on my class.

  6. #26
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post
    Lol, brings back old symbian memories from my good old Motorola A1000. I was the only one who had one on my class.
    I had the A825, the A925 and the A1000 - God they were awful!

    Windows Mobile has been my choice for the past few years (apart from the odd foray into the World of Symbian)

    The iPhone is less flexible than WM but the ease of use makes it my phone of choice - but to say it is the first phone that can be hacked is stretching the truth somewhat...


    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic BenzoHartt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    so this is where the awkward moment of silence come in...

    (phone rings)
    Ballmer: I have to take this... (and brings out an iphone)
    Steve: cough's and smiles
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 01-13-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Lol!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sd
    Posts
    1,085
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts

    did u really say microsoft doesnt know how to make hardware? how the heck did they make a pc, that runs widows, in the first place.

    i don't see apple with a gaming device, so how can u compare apple with a xbox... i can't compare my iphone to my xbox, its in a different league.

    the iphone only appealed me cuz i could unlock it, n do my own thingg thanks to the developers/iphone dev team. yah apple made the device, but i never woulda bought it if it wasn't for the other people. they did what micrsoft allows, pretty open developing. apple, does not. the idea of free open source appealed me.

    get over the windows vs apple. u guys are halarious.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

    waitin on my white iphone 4

  10. #30
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Errr...

    Microsoft have never made a PC - only the software to run on it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  11. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    ...how the hell is this front page material?

    .. I support Apple, but I'ld never stoop down to a low level and boast that Apple is better than Microsoft, or flame a Microsoft rep (who's in charge of promoting their products... its his job).

    C'mon guys you're better than that.

    It is what it is, it's never cool to flame... especially when its a person with a family, who's just doing his job. Some people like us like Apple, and other like Microsoft. It's their own choice.
    I largely agree with you. Look at the OP's name... pure fanboy material, and most, if not all, posts by this person are skewed in this same direction...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  12. #32
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    People get very protective of what they have . There are as many people on Microsoft sites slanging off Apple and I don't think a bit of light hearted ribbing does any harm.


    Just so long as you don't take it to seriously
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  13. #33
    Green Apple VBLUE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    did u really say microsoft doesnt know how to make hardware? how the heck did they make a pc, that runs widows, in the first place.

    i don't see apple with a gaming device, so how can u compare apple with a xbox... i can't compare my iphone to my xbox, its in a different league.

    the iphone only appealed me cuz i could unlock it, n do my own thingg thanks to the developers/iphone dev team. yah apple made the device, but i never woulda bought it if it wasn't for the other people. they did what micrsoft allows, pretty open developing. apple, does not. the idea of free open source appealed me.

    get over the windows vs apple. u guys are halarious.
    Microsoft never made a PC. Everyone else made the PC's and Microsoft just supplied the software. And as far as the Xbox360, I am on my forth unit in as many years (Thank god for that three year factory warranty they had to extend to everyone). If Apple did do a game machine I doubt I would have to go through four of the damned things before I got a good one.

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    did u really say microsoft doesnt know how to make hardware? how the heck did they make a pc, that runs widows, in the first place.

    i don't see apple with a gaming device, so how can u compare apple with a xbox... i can't compare my iphone to my xbox, its in a different league.

    the iphone only appealed me cuz i could unlock it, n do my own thingg thanks to the developers/iphone dev team. yah apple made the device, but i never woulda bought it if it wasn't for the other people. they did what micrsoft allows, pretty open developing. apple, does not. the idea of free open source appealed me.

    get over the windows vs apple. u guys are halarious.
    Yes, I personally did say Microsoft doesn't know how to make hardware, and as the poster above said, they don't make their own hardware. I challenge you to bring me a current piece of hardware that runs a Microsoft operating system (and I mean PC hardware) other than the Xbox 360 and is made in house by Microsoft. None exist. Do you see any Microsoft labels on the hardware inside the device you're using to view this forum now? I think my sig shows that I'm not anti Microsoft, I have run all of their OSs and I even run OSs of theres you probably didn't know exist.

    Microsoft has proven with the XBOX that they really can't make good hardware and should stick to software which they clearly are doing something right with to be so successful.

    I'm most certainly not an Apple fan as I have said, anti apple if anything. We're not comparing the xbox to the iphone, we're comparing the overall product idea.

    Microsoft gives you the words, but you need to be able to speak. Apple, is kinda like your mum and dad, they give you the "hardware" and they teach you how that hardware should speak. Assuming they got it right, if you're a white *** english kid like me, you probably speak english, and the whole picture fits.

    Pardon the analogy, but i didn't want to compare Apple to god and say he makes everything, hardware and software, we'd have a field day with that one!

    As much as I hate Apple for the way they do business, atleast you know that the hardware and software are progressing together, and they will always work how they should because theyre being made by one and the same.

    It gives them more time to focus on fixing any problems they have (like the fact that iphones fall apart) or any bugs in their software.

    Microsoft however has had software design as their main focus for the longest time. Making all the software they have to, while replacing the hundreds of thousands of faulty Xbox360s because of crappy design clearly takes a chunk of their time, money and effort.

    That being said, we know that Sony paid for the R&D for half the technology that is used in xbox360s processor, so they should have been able to get the rest of it right.

    I'm not saying Apple is better or Microsoft is better but Microsoft have always made software, their name kind of gives that away. Apple has always made software AND hardware, and for Apple they have progressed as one since the beginning (as far as i know).

    It's a difficult time to enter the race from the half way mark and being no where near up to speed.

    This is why I personally don't see any manufacturer (like Apple) now coming out with a new console this late on in the game and having any success. Look what happened to SEGA, it's really just going to be the major 3, unless someone can come out with so innovative, but can cover all the bases and by pure luck get it right first time.

    Sony Playstation make games consoles
    Nintendo makes games consoles
    Nokia makes mobile phones
    Ford makes vehicles
    Microsoft makes software

    Apple makes....?? PCs?

    If anything Apple would be compared to the likes of Sony and Nokia than Microsoft, they each make the hardware and OS that runs that hardware.

    Microsoft has always been the "teacher" that will teach you english because your mum and dad didn't supply it with the hardware. Doesn't make the teacher any good at making babies
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

  15. #35
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    Haha
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  16. #36
    Green Apple supreme-livin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    microsoft=garbage waste of time

    i started on microsft and still have friends (well 1 friend that uses an iphone) who swear by vista!

    i got converted when the iphone came out
    so i went out bought a macbook and a iphone same day and have never looked back
    i cant even use a pc. I have to bring my mac everywhere cause i refuse to use a pc-it just drives me crazy for some reason

    when i got my mac i came home and tossed my pc out of my window into an alley from the sixth floor-it felt sooooo good!!!! and that goes with the 3 other towers i tossed in the past 3 years

  17. #37
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    You bought an iPhone so then bought a Mac? Strange person.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #38
    Green Apple supreme-livin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You bought an iPhone so then bought a Mac? Strange person.
    go them the same day
    i was sick of all the probs w pc and blackberry-----both garbage!!!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts